Ebola Confirmed In Texas

Culling the herd. It could be all about reducing the 7.5 billion to an acceptable level. Too many people. True? Not true?

Last edited:
What are the odds that the president claims he only learned about this when he saw the news today.

You see where president has only participated in less than 50% of the daily briefings?

Holy shit. What have the liberals unleashed on us with their stupidity?
If Obumble has truly participated in less than 50% of the daily briefings, and if that is a radical departure from the track records of previous Presidents (and I'm guessing that it is), then, it looks like the Rookie Senator from Illinois and former Community Organizer, was even less ready for Prime Time than most folks figured, at the time. This is not good, if true.
neither is that republican plagiarizing of THE SNL TAG LINE.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I was focusing upon whether or not the POTUS has missed more than 50% of his daily briefings.

He didn't miss any of his daily briefings. You drank the rightwing piss, sucker.
You say that with real conviction. Unfortunately even the White House could not deny those numbers:
Notably, the Obama White House did not dispute the GAI report's statistics. Indeed, it can't: the findings were calculated using the White House's own calendar.
State Dept. on Obama Intel Briefings He Receives Those Whenever He Can

Culling the herd. It is all about reducing the 7.5 billion to an acceptable level. Too many people. True? Not true?
What, in your opinion, would be an acceptable level?
Who knows?
I would think you do.

cremation_of_care.jpg
georgia-guidestones-2014-block-e1411483403342.jpg

georgia-guidestones-top-commandments.jpg

wtf didn't anyone at the ER in Texas not screen this patient regarding recent travel??

oh yeah, probably because in TexASS doctors asking such questions is seen as tha gubmint violating RIGHTS. :doubt:

The unidentified patient, who is critically ill, has been cared for in a special isolation ward at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas since Sunday, said Dr. Edward Goodman, the hospital's epidemiologist. The patient initially sought treatment in the hospital's emergency department Friday but was sent home with antibiotics, Goodman said.

Officials begin tracing contacts of Texas patient diagnosed with Ebola - LA Times

oh you just flew in from Liberia? have a z-pak and call us in the morning... arrrggg

In fact, I am having a hard time understanding WHY there are even a couple partisans here defending the POTUS on his stupidity for NOT imposing a travel BAN.
It has nothing to do with partisanship (I"m still baffled at how this Ebola thing was so easily twisted into political fingerpointing in the first place) it is about common sense. If experts from CDC believe an Ebola outbreak like in Africa isn't going to happen then you don't need a travel ban.

In fact, I am having a hard time understanding WHY there are even a couple partisans here defending the POTUS on his stupidity for NOT imposing a travel BAN.
It has nothing to do with partisanship (I"m still baffled at how this Ebola thing was so easily twisted into political fingerpointing in the first place) it is about common sense. If experts from CDC believe an Ebola outbreak like in Africa isn't going to happen then you don't need a travel ban.
Everything on this forum is twisted into a partisan battle. But the point of fact is, the CDC is being arrogant.

Sure, everything we think we know about Ebola points to the fact that with the US's advanced medical system and reasonably clean environment, no one else should be infected. But I trust the government and the establishment about as far as I can throw them. If every other nation on the planet is taking extra precautions, it is reasonable to ask why this one isn't. Nature isn't political and isn't predictable. There are too many unknowns to gamble with millions of lives.

Every time you see researchers studying a virus that supposedly can only be acquired through PHYSICAL contact, they are outfitted as if they think it can be acquired through airborne contact. With out exception. They KNOW how it is transmitted, but THEY take extra precautions. So why doesn't the government take extra precautions? Politics? Maybe?

Even with extra precautions, some of the researchers sequencing the genome still died. What does that tell you?

in related news, from the great state of Massachusetts...

Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates was recently screened by the triage nurse at MGH ER...

"have you traveled to Africa recently, sir?" ........... "WHY? BECAUSE I'M BLACK!!??" :mad:

Sure, everything we think we know about Ebola points to the fact that with the US's advanced medical system and reasonably clean environment, no one else should be infected. But I trust the government and the establishment about as far as I can throw them. If every other nation on the planet is taking extra precautions, it is reasonable to ask why this one isn't. Nature isn't political and isn't predictable. There are too many unknowns to gamble with millions of lives.
Or, what you call a "gamble" is something people with far more education and personal experience in the CDC call extremely unlikely thus not worth travel bans.

Have any other developed countries issued travel bans for people coming from Liberia or Seirra Leone? Germany, Japan, Australia, Canada, Korea, Switzerland, etc. any of them banned travelers from these countries? Maybe they have I don't know but if not you've extended your presumption of superior virus risk assessment to include disease experts in all these other countries too.

Every time you see researchers studying a virus that supposedly can only be acquired through PHYSICAL contact, they are outfitted as if they think it can be acquired through airborne contact. With out exception. They KNOW how it is transmitted, but THEY take extra precautions. So why doesn't the government take extra precautions? Politics? Maybe?
No idea, I don't work with viruses enough to know exactly what risks they are taking precautions against or whether it is standard protocol regardless of the nature of the pathogen. Have you worked with viruses enough to know why?

Even with extra precautions, some of the researchers sequencing the genome still died. What does that tell you?
Nigeria, a 3rd world country with relatively primitive healthcare system, contained the virus after someone arrived in their capital city of 20 million and infected several healthcare workers who treated him. What does that tell you?

Or, what you call a "gamble" is something people with far more education and personal experience in the CDC call extremely unlikely thus not worth travel bans.

Have any other developed countries issued travel bans for people coming from Liberia or Seirra Leone? Germany, Japan, Australia, Canada, Korea, Switzerland, etc. any of them banned travelers from these countries? Maybe they have I don't know but if not you've extended your presumption of superior virus risk assessment to include disease experts in all these other countries too.

No idea, I don't work with viruses enough to know exactly what risks they are taking precautions against or whether it is standard protocol regardless of the nature of the pathogen. Have you worked with viruses enough to know why?

Nigeria, a 3rd world country with relatively primitive healthcare system, contained the virus after someone arrived in their capital city of 20 million and infected several healthcare workers who treated him. What does that tell you?

British Airways has banned flights there. Germany has told all it's people to get out. Kenya, Ghana and other African Nations have banned travel to these places........

It's a deadly disease. No cure. You live or you survive........They keep you hydrated and give you a better chance of survival, but still over 50% die...........It is common sense to limit travel there......It's common sense to test people before leaving. They have test kits for determining if someone has the virus. It doesn't need to be in the final stages to test positive for the virus.........

It is common sense to ISOLATE THIS DISEASE, and VERIFY people leaving don't have it.

But it is obvious we don't have common sense anymore.

I have sent Jeff Sessions from the Great State of Alabama my concerns to Ban Travel from infected countries. I also thank Alan Grayson, for pushing this issue in July. He's a Dem and I don't care. He was right then and deserves the credit for standing tall on this issue.

British Airways has banned flights there. Germany has told all it's people to get out. Kenya, Ghana and other African Nations have banned travel to these places........
Woah there I think you've responded to something close to my post, but not my post. British Airways isn't a country and they certainly don't have a lot of infectious disease scientists and researchers working for them. Germany issuing a travel warning is no different than the one the US has issued. Countries like Ghana aren't developed countries with modern medical care, they would have a much harder time handling the Ebola.

Again... people are questioning the CDCs wisdom on not banning travelers from infected countries, are any other developed countries banning travel from Liberia or Sierra Leone? If not, aren't you basically saying all the experts in these other advanced countries are wrong too? It becomes the poster with no real world experience in managing risk of pandemic saying the health ministries of Germany, France, Japan, Korea, Canada, Australia, France, Switzerland, etc. etc. are ALL wrong and they are right.

I find that hard to believe, don't you?

Yep you're smarter than all those other people. Joe Message Board should make the call, I'm surprised Italy hasn't contacted you to decided whether their decision not to ban travel from Liberia.

Perhaps he IS smarter...

If instituting the travel ban would prevent various cases of Ebola from entering the United States...

Rather than doing nothing, and letting such cases enter...

It boils down to that... rather simple... and banning such travel seems a matter of pure common sense...

Something that our present Administration seems to be in desperately short supply of...

As evidenced by the generous time window in which they could have instituted such a travel ban, and then chose not to, resulting in Ebola case(s) present upon US soil, brought here by the very same travel-vector at-issue here...

Sure seems to me that that would have been the best and most sensible course of action...

Consequently...

Perhaps he IS smarter...

Woah there I think you've responded to something close to my post, but not my post. British Airways isn't a country and they certainly don't have a lot of infectious disease scientists and researchers working for them. Germany issuing a travel warning is no different than the one the US has issued. Countries like Ghana aren't developed countries with modern medical care, they would have a much harder time handling the Ebola.

Again... people are questioning the CDCs wisdom on not banning travelers from infected countries, are any other developed countries banning travel from Liberia or Sierra Leone? If not, aren't you basically saying all the experts in these other advanced countries are wrong too? It becomes the poster with no real world experience in managing risk of pandemic saying the health ministries of Germany, France, Japan, Korea, Canada, Australia, France, Switzerland, etc. etc. are ALL wrong and they are right.

I find that hard to believe, don't you?

Yep you're smarter than all those other people. Joe Message Board should make the call, I'm surprised Italy hasn't contacted you to decided whether their decision not to ban travel from Liberia.

If they are so smart then why has EBOLA arrived via international flights?

The world should attempt to contain it there, and not allow it to spread. You say advanced countries are better equipped to deal with EBOLA, so it is apparent that the advanced countries will probably get to prove that statement for being a bunch of dumb asses as not to allow travel to the hot zones without until it is contained.

They risk the spread to other countries. While one case is not a mountain of cases IT IS A WARNING.

Your lack of concern and FAITH in these countries not to make mistakes with this is your malfunction and not mine.

You know SteadyMercury I'm not saying you're right, nor am I saying you're wrong. You make a good case. I don't want to seem partisan on this issue.

My first instinct is to immediately assume anything and everything reported from the MSM is patently false, and if major governments and NGO's have a hand in it, or there is a profit to be made by some corporation, (in this instance big pharma,) there is something nefarious going on. lol

Plus, my training in evolution and biology clues me in to believe that this issue is not as simple as the MSM and the CDC is assuring the public to believe it is. But, by nature I have a healthy suspicion of large organizations that seek to wield power and influence over the masses, whether they be governments, corporations, interest groups, clandestine intel groups, or NGO's.

What it comes down to, is if any one person comes to the US who was infected over there, and infects ANOTHER US citizen, and that citizen in turn DIES? YOU ARE WRONG, and the CDC policy, the administration's policy, and your opinions are misguided. However, if this doesn't happen? I retract all my opinions and posts in this thread. Okay?

On this issue, I think our disagreement can be summed up nicely with that quote from the old Spielberg Movie in the 90's, "Jurassic Park," where Jeff Goldblum's character Dr. Malcom said about the park, is precisely what I think about the administration and the CDC. . .

Dr. Ian Malcolm: John, the kind of control you're attempting simply is... it's not possible. If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, uh... well, there it is.

Forum List

Back