Ebola Buddy!

No money to Doctors Without Borders until they tighten up isolation procedures for returning staff.

Remain calm!

Unless he pissed, shit, vomited, or bled on someone, no need to panic.
There's every reason to panic.

Panicked voters vote republican, everyone knows that.

Is that why Democrats are always trying to panic the voters?

"Republicans will take away your Social Security!"

"Republicans are waging a war on women!"

"Republicans will let the corporations take over!"

The Democrat platform is nothing but pure panic.

You've got to be fucking kidding me!

Ever hear of Citizens United? Women still make 82 cents for every dollar a man makes, for the same job, and President Bush tried to privatize Social Security.

Planned Parenthood at Center of Budget Shutdown Threat - ABC News

I sure wish Bush had succeeded in privatizing a percentage of SS. The market has doubled since 2008 and there would have been a lot more money in everyone's private account.

Stupid, and when the market crashes?

Make the expected long-term financing shortfall for SS much worse by incurring trillions of dollars of new debt to pay for privatization.

Seriously weaken the insurance protections that SS offers by cutting benefits as much as 50 percent to pay for privatization

Expose future retirees to the vagaries of the financial market for their basic retirement income, creating a potentially masse problem for individuals since they may retire in the middle of a bear market, when they have a lot less money in their retirement accounts than expected.

The bottom line is that privatizing SS means workers would lose insurance protection on their SS benefits because the entire system would receive less income and because individuals would be exposed to more financial risks.

http://cdn.americanprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/issues/2010/12/pdf/social_security.pdf

And blaming Obama...

Republican Presidents don't do that. Obama is still blaming Bush. Do you not read the paper?

Did you just say Republican Presidents don't do that?

"The problems we inherited were far worse than most inside and out of government had expected; the recession was deeper than most inside and out of government had predicted. Curing those problems has taken more time and a higher toll than any of us wanted." --Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan Address Before a Joint Session of the Congress on the State of the Union

I don't see a name there tweedle dee.

In that case, I'm sure he was talking about Gerald Ford.

I'm sure he was talking about the state of the economy.

Inherited by Nixon and Ford.

Republican Presidents don't do that. Obama is still blaming Bush. Do you not read the paper?

"The problems we inherited were far worse than most inside and out of government had expected; the recession was deeper than most inside and out of government had predicted. Curing those problems has taken more time and a higher toll than any of us wanted." --Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan Address Before a Joint Session of the Congress on the State of the Union

Here is a link to 13 excuses Obama made blaming everyone else instead of accepting the responsibility of the office. And this only goes to 2012.

I guess you owe me 12 more from Reagan to play catchup.

President Obama 8217 s Hall of Blame The Blog on Obama White House Dossier

Remain calm!

Unless he pissed, shit, vomited, or bled on someone, no need to panic.

Ever hear of Citizens United? Women still make 82 cents for every dollar a man makes, for the same job, and President Bush tried to privatize Social Security.

I sure wish Bush had succeeded in privatizing a percentage of SS. The market has doubled since 2008 and there would have been a lot more money in everyone's private account.

Make the expected long-term financing shortfall for SS much worse by incurring trillions of dollars of new debt to pay for privatization.

Seriously weaken the insurance protections that SS offers by cutting benefits as much as 50 percent to pay for privatization

Expose future retirees to the vagaries of the financial market for their basic retirement income, creating a potentially masse problem for individuals since they may retire in the middle of a bear market, when they have a lot less money in their retirement accounts than expected.

The bottom line is that privatizing SS means workers would lose insurance protection on their SS benefits because the entire system would receive less income and because individuals would be exposed to more financial risks.

http://cdn.americanprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/issues/2010/12/pdf/social_security.pdf

The proposal was to privatize a small percentage of SS.

When a person retires they do not withdraw the entire amount of the money in the system. The market goes up and it goes down. For example, I had about $500,000 in the market prior to 2008. It went down to around $240,000. It is now above $600,000 and I have withdrawn over $100,000. So suck it up or don't invest in the market if you are afraid. After all, having less in the SS account when you retire would make it difficult if you decided to withdraw all of it. Most people would withdraw a set amount each month and the market will recover. It always has and always will.

When a person retires they do not withdraw the entire amount of the money in the system. The market goes up and it goes down. For example, I had about $500,000 in the market prior to 2008. It went down to around $240,000. It is now above $600,000 and I have withdrawn over $100,000. So suck it up or don't invest in the market if you are afraid. After all, having less in the SS account when you retire would make it difficult if you decided to withdraw all of it. Most people would withdraw a set amount each month and the market will recover. It always has and always will.

That's not the Republican goal.....to privatize a small percentage of SS.

People who can afford to invest will do so. Social Security was created so the lower income elderly don't have to work till they die.

Record Poverty, Record Debt, Massive Government spying on Citizens, NDAA, Rampant IRS abuses, and now Ebola in America.

Oh boy, what glorious times. Thank you Obama.

Those jobs numbers sure look good. I take it you're for raising minimum wage? Spying started with Bush, and there were no IRS abuses. Oh, and after 7 Benghazi investigations, that's all clear too.

Yes, what glorious times. We hear ya, delusional Obamabots. We hear ya. :cuckoo:

Record Poverty, Record Debt, Massive Government spying on Citizens, NDAA, Rampant IRS abuses, and now Ebola in America.

Those jobs numbers sure look good. I take it you're for raising minimum wage? Spying started with Bush, and there were no IRS abuses. Oh, and after 7 Benghazi investigations, that's all clear too.

Yes, what glorious times. We hear ya, delusional Obamabots. We hear ya. :cuckoo:

Since you're complaining about poverty, I assume you want to raise the minimum wage, or would you rather just bitch about it?

Since you're complaining about poverty, I assume you want to raise the minimum wage, or would you rather just bitch about it?

Whatever, if you dipshits are for it, i'm sure it's just another disaster waiting to happen. But anyway, enjoy your asshole President, and your Ebola. Ya bunch of tards.

That's not the Republican goal.....to privatize a small percentage of SS.

People who can afford to invest will do so. Social Security was created so the lower income elderly don't have to work till they die.

That is only partially true. A 1939 change in the law added survivors benefits and benefits for the retiree's spouse and children. In 1956 disability benefits were added. The original 1935 law contained the first national unemployment compensation program, aid to the states for various health and welfare programs, and the Aid to Dependent Children program.

Here is what Bush proposed for SS:

Currently, workers and their employers pay 12.5 percent of their income as payroll tax. Under Reform Model 2, the leading plan drafted by President Bush's Commission on Social Security, up to a third of that money could go into private accounts. This model establishes a voluntary personal account without raising taxes or requiring additional worker contributions.

· Workers can voluntarily redirect 4 percent of their payroll taxes up to $1,000 annually to a personal account. No additional worker contribution required.

· In exchange, traditional Social Security benefits are offset by the worker's personal account contributions, compounded at an interest rate of 2 percent above inflation.

· Plan establishes a minimum benefit payable to 30-year minimum wage workers of 120 percent of the poverty line.

· Benefits under traditional component of Social Security would be price indexed, beginning in 2009.

Are we talking about the Ronald Reagan that got 91% of the electoral College votes in 1980 and 98% of the electolal votes in 1984?

Forum List

Back