eBayers Being Targeted In Canada

nateriver

Rookie
Jun 14, 2009
Canada: It's A'boot Time We Tax the Internet
“This week the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) announced that sales made online are now taxable. While the ruling applies to all online retailers, the CRA will begin enforcing the law by discriminating primarily against eBay sellers. “
LINK

Our state now charges additional sales tax on purchases made online, so now we get gouged twice. Luckily, I find places that are exempt.

Sign up on that stop etax site and u can get updates on what is being done to halt the etax and to reverse it where the legislature/governor screwed up.

It was only a matter of time. Everything gets taxes in Canada! I remember one of the first times I went over there, the airport officer person said "Did you declare everything?" and I said "What do you mean everything?" "You have to declare everything that hasn't been in Canada before" I said "Well... EVERYTHING? Even, you know, underwear, and socks, and pants?" And she said "Yes."

I said, "uh, no I don't have anything to declare." And she said "Ok." Since then I've learned you gotta pay like 15% tax on everything 'new' you bring. Kinda stupid, huh? But oh well, they never got me.

Gonna be interesting if they start taxing inet sales.

My customers are all over the world.

Guess they're go after the taxes by monitoring the CC companies and PayPal.

ther're going to have to figure out some revenue sharing system, I suspect.

How many retailers can collect and pay taxes for 50 states and 160 different nations?

It was only a matter of time. Everything gets taxes in Canada! I remember one of the first times I went over there, the airport officer person said "Did you declare everything?" and I said "What do you mean everything?" "You have to declare everything that hasn't been in Canada before" I said "Well... EVERYTHING? Even, you know, underwear, and socks, and pants?" And she said "Yes."

I said, "uh, no I don't have anything to declare." And she said "Ok." Since then I've learned you gotta pay like 15% tax on everything 'new' you bring. Kinda stupid, huh? But oh well, they never got me.

Uhhhhh, they ask the same question when leaving the states. You have to pay duty on the stuff bought over there, too. My great-grandfather got caught with an alarm-radio, years ago. Held a grudge until he died. :lol:

Our state now charges additional sales tax on purchases made online, so now we get gouged twice. Luckily, I find places that are exempt.

very un patriotic behavior. tsk tsk tsk! you must pay taxes, we have 30 million illegals to support.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back