Eating Leftovers

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Tea party candidates are the only evidence this election cycle is offering better people than the ones who brought this country to its present state. Unfortunately, Tea Partiers are too few and not every one of the few will win.

Here’s the latest offering from the Republican party. Big headline on this morning’s Drudge Report says:

ROMNEY NARROWS VP CHOICES; CONDI EMERGES AS FRONTRUNNER

Romney can’t be serious about picking Rice Cakes! I have to believe he is only drumming up a little media coverage for his campaign. If I’m wrong about his little ploy, he’s lost me —— AGAIN!

Allow me to clarify.

Way back before the first primary, I said I would never vote for a Northeast liberal investment banker from Massachusetts; especially one who was in the late Ted Kennedy’s back pocket on Romney/Kennedycare. I said I would either stay home on election day, or vote for congressional candidates only.

Time marched on and I recently softened my objection to Romney based entirely on his promise to help repeal Hillarycare II. I don’t trust Romney on anything else, I barely trust him on repeal, but there is a chance —— a slight chance —— repeal legislation will make it to his desk and he will sign it. Repeal is not possible if it has to override a presidential veto; hence, Hussein has to go.

I say “slight chance” because Democrats always stop Republican legislation until they get “bipartisanship” —— meaning RINO give them everything they want. Democrats would have stopped the Affordable Care Act had they opposed it, while Republicans could not stop it because Democrats wanted it and got it without bipartisanship. It’s like there are two sets of rules in Congress. That’s why I have doubts about repeal coming to fruition.

Still, gambling on Romney is the only bet on the table. The fear is that he will sign repeal while doing so much damage everywhere else he erases the only thing he is good for.

Incidentally, Bush the Younger let Ted Kennedy write an education bill. Romney told the NAACP that he would give federal money to families so they could send their kids to better schools. I don’t suppose it ever occurred to either of those two sterling Republicans that the federal government has no business in education on any level.

On to Rice

Rice Cakes is one of the two worst choices Bush the Younger picked for his cabinet. Colin Powell was the other.

Rice Cakes is of the parasite class. She bounces back and forth between government jobs and the academy.

Rice Cakes was mentored by Madeleine Albright’s father who was a European parasite that came to this country and ended up feeding at the public trough in the University of Denver.

Rice Cakes also served in Bush the Elder’s White House. She never gave either Bush advice that was good for America’s sovereignty. Here’s an example of Rice neither Romney nor the media want the public to see:

WASHINGTON -- Is the Bush administration going to "unsign" the Kyoto global warming treaty just as it unsigned the International Criminal Court (ICC) treaty? "We can do that," replied one senior official, "but we won't do it." The principal reason: quiet but decisive influence by National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice. Advocates of scrapping the pact initialed at Kyoto in 1997 until recently were on course to make it the latest of Bill Clinton's diplomatic agreements to be stripped of its U.S. signatures. Dick Cheney, perhaps the most active, powerful vice president ever, was behind the effort. That was before the intervention of Dr. Rice, who is matching her higher profile predecessors in backstage power. In the international treaty question, she reflects the views of European allies, the State Department bureaucracy and the American foreign policy establishment.

Kyoto: still signed
Robert Novak
Jul 22, 2002

Kyoto: still signed - Robert Novak - [page]

Rice’s influence in not unsigning Kyoto is only one of the reasons she qualifies as Bush’s worst cabinet officer.

I recall the days when Rice Cakes couldn’t put a sentence together without including the phrases “International community” or “United Nations” or “Security Council resolution.” I doubt if she has abandoned her love for the UNIC (United Nations/International Community); a love that was probably nurtured by Madeleine Albright’s father. If Rice is anything she is a leader in the female wing of the New World Order party. The political beliefs of Albright, Rice, and Hillary Clinton can’t be separated with a laser beam.

The problem with those characters is compounded by the way the media puffs them up with untrue crap about their wonderful personalities. Hillary Clinton is as foul a human being as you can find, but if you rely on media images she is the Virgin Mary, Florence Nightingale, and Mother Teresa rolled into one.

Instead of false advertising this time around, I would like to know where Rice stands on Kyoto now that environmental frauds perpetrated by the United Nations are common knowledge. In short: Where does she stand on all of the important issues media mouths never ask about. Ditto all of the wannabes Romney is looking at for the number two slot. In fact, it would be nice knowing where Romney stands.

The most important unasked question of all is this: Is America’s independence your first loyalty? There is no doubt how Tea Partiers would answer. No so with candidates from the two major political parties. Every one of them will say they love this country, but not one of them will give a straight answer to the question because the record shows that America’s sovereignty has been eroded by Democrats and Republicans alike who sought and attained high office.

On top of everything else Mark Levin points out:

. . . not only will Romney be defending Bain right up through the election now he's going have to be defending Bush and Bush's policies right up through the election. This is a bad idea.

And this:

And these polls, don't they make you nervous right now? The economy's on its back. Romney's running against a true loser who has nothing to offer the country, literally nothing. So he's a propagandist. So far the Romney team has not been able to cut through it and then you get this John Sununu -- who gave us Souter for all those years -- walking around like he some kind of smart uncle telling us they are husbanding their resources are just waiting for the right time to unleash on Obama.

Posted on July 12, 2012
Mark Levin Says No To Condi Rice As VP: "Pick A Damn Conservative"

Mark Levin Says No To Condi Rice As VP: "Pick A Damn Conservative" | RealClearPolitics

Not only Sununu and Souter. You can’t surf into FOX without seeing Karl Rove talking like he is still fooling everyone. Maybe Romney should pick Jeb Bush for VP. What the hell, if establishment Republicans are reheating Bush leftovers it might as well be Jeb. Should he ascend to the presidency he can’t be worse than Joe Biden taking over for Hussein?

Finally, Hussein is so bad Romney should be ahead by 20 points. He’s barely even. Should he pick Rice Cakes, Rubio, or Jindal he’ll be lucky if he’s is not behind by 20 points on election day. Those three come with a lot of grief for a guy who needs every vote he can get. Somebody in Romney’s camp should tell him he better work at hanging onto the voters he’s got instead of getting cute courting voters he has no chance of getting.

Willard isn't going to repeal Romneycare/Obamacare. He's only trying to pander to hard right wing fools like yourself. The ACA is here to stay.

Break out the shovels, Ma —— here comes the crap:

. . . the highest-ranking African-American woman ever to serve in public office -- and one of few black leaders the Republican Party has -- Rice has a demographic allure that has not faded since she left Foggy Bottom. With the GOP working to define its foreign policy platform, Rice is one of the country's most famous diplomats and an accomplished academic to boot.

"She's the shining ornament at the top of the Christmas tree that we can always admire but never reach," said GOP consultant Bruce Haynes, who called Rice a "figure of eternal fascination" for Republicans.

GOP hits snooze on 'dream' VP candidate Rice
Published: July 13, 2012 9:42 PM
By ALEXANDER BURNS.

GOP hits snooze on 'dream' VP candidate Rice

Instead of telling us how wonderful Rice Cakes is tell us in plain English what she advocated in the past. One look at her previous stints in Washington should tell conservatives that she is the last person to call on for foreign policy guidance. Nesting in the academy between government gigs is even less of a recommendation.

Bottom line: Rice Cakes personifies that class of public trough intellectuals who brought this country to the brink of ruin. Finishing the job is the only thing I can see her doing.

Romney looking to define foreign policy at this late date tells me he is looking for a way to sell something he knows the public does not want. I know I’m right about this because a perfect foreign policy is staring him in the face. Oppose global government. Withdraw from the United Nations. Strengthen America’s sovereignty at every chance. Put a moratorium on immigration until the open-borders mess is cleaned up. Only use the US military to defend against a clearly defined military threat. Fight wars to win when the military is used. Make defeated enemies pay the cost of wars they start. Basically, mind our own freaking business. Put it this way: Polonius’ advice to his son contains some pretty good foreign policy advice for a nation:

And these few precepts in thy memory see thou character.

Give thy thoughts no tongue,

Nor any unproportion'd thought his act.

Be thou familiar, but by no means vulgar;

The friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,

Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel;

But do not dull thy palm with entertainment

Of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade.

Beware of entrance to a quarrel, but, being in,

Bear 't that th' opposed may beware of thee.

Give every man thine ear, but few thy voice;

Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.

Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,

But not express'd in fancy; rich, not gaudy;

For the apparel oft proclaims the man.

Neither a borrower, nor a lender be;

For loan oft loses both itself and friend,

And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

This above all: to thine own self be true,

And it must follow, as the night the day,

Thou canst not then be false to any man.

William Shakespeare.

Selwyn Duke gave me a laugh with this one:

With the rumor that Condoleezza Rice is a frontrunner to be Mitt Romney's vice-presidential pick, she's the talk of the town. She's so intelligent, so sophisticated, so statesmanlike and so scholarly that she could make you wonder if Hillary Clinton really ever was "the most intelligent woman in America."

Is nothing sacred these days? Clinton’s title as the smartest woman in the world was supposed to be the one constant in a changing world. To even hint that another woman might be brighter that Clinton is akin to offering an alternative to the Golden Rule. Alas, there isn’t much political difference between the two ladies; so should they ever go toe to toe in an election it will come down to which one is smarter. Politics being what they are, I can envision one, or both, going negative and calling the other a dumbbell.

This next one about Rice Cakes is a bit more serious:

To paraphrase Mark Twain, she seems like the kind of person who has let her schooling interfere with her education.

July 15, 2012
Please, No Rice with That Romney
By Selwyn Duke

Articles: Please, No Rice with That Romney

Aside from FDR who is in a class by himself, the five who did the most harm to this country came out of the education industry; Woodrow Wilson, J. William Fulbright, LBJ, Bill Clinton, and Hussein who isn’t finished yet. The damage Rice Cakes did in her past life falls short of joining the boys on the list because she lacked the authority it takes to do long-lasting harm. However, should she become vice president, then president, she will show the big five a thing or two.

Bottom line: Americans continue to elevate the same types who are responsible for all of today’s ills. The most scary thing is that so many Americans do not want different results.

The smartest woman in the world is catching hell all over the place:

Suddenly we're supposed to believe that Hillary Clinton is a great secretary of state.

Eric Schmidt of Google calls her "the most significant secretary of state since Dean Acheson." A profile in the New York Times runs under the headline "Hillary Clinton's Last Tour as a Rock-Star Diplomat." Another profile in the current issue of Foreign Policy magazine is titled, wishfully, "Head of State." The two articles are so similar in theme, tone, choice of anecdote and the absence of even token criticism that you're almost tempted to suspect one was cribbed from the other.

SUBSCRIPTION NEEDED TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE:
July 16, 2012, 7:25 p.m. ET
Stephens: The Hillary Myth
Can anyone name an achievement to justify the adulation of our secretary of state?
BY BRET STEPHENS

Stephens: The Hillary Myth - WSJ.com

In Egypt:

Egyptians pelt Clinton motorcade with tomatoes
Sun, Jul 15 2012
By Arshad Mohammed and Marwa Awad

Breaking News, Business News, Financial and Investing News & More | Reuters.co.uk

And this one:

As Clinton’s term winds down, women will form the central pillar of her legacy. Alas, Clinton will be remembered not for women’s empowerment, but rather for their betrayal. In short remarks to a gathering of Egyptian women, Clinton said she told Mohammad Morsi, Egypt’s new president and a longtime Muslim Brotherhood activist, that democracy has to be inclusive. In her press conference following her meeting, however, her talking points about inclusion seemed to be little more than throw away lines. The fact of the matter is that while feminists might be fighting for new rights, Egyptians feminists appear to now be fighting for rights that are being stripped away.
Hillary Clinton’s Legacy
Michael Rubin | @mrubin1971 07.17.2012 - 4:23 PM

Hillary Clinton

Hillary is one more reason Rice Cakes is a bad choice for VP.

Quote OP

The political beliefs of Albright, Rice, and Hillary Clinton can’t be separated with a laser beam.

Neither lady will go down as howling successes as secretaries of state; so it is hard imagining Rice Cakes being different than Hillary Clinton would be were she, Clinton, vice president. In short: If Tea Partiers would not vote for a ticket with Hillary Clinton on it there is no reason to vote for Rice Cakes.

Forum List

Back