Eating catfish is just as sinful as homosexuality

It must have been repealed...Christians eat pork all the time...what a minute...are you telling me that it hasn't been repealed!!!...Oh my GOD!!! We're all going to hell!!!:eek:

Most Christians today don't even crack the bible. They don't know what's in there. They live "Culturally Christian" lives. That is lives or lifestyles based on culture, not on Scripture.

Most Christians today are also "Name-Only-Christians" or "One Day Christians", more like "One-Hour Christians" actually. The compartmentalize their life. Meaning that only at certain times and/or situations they whip out Christianity as a badge or a name. Other than that it's meaningless as it doesn't apply to how they actually live their lives. You see this very clearly in those who profess to be Christians yet are the most mean-spirited, belligerent, foul mouthed human beings you could ever dream of coming across. The polar opposite of what it means to be a Christian.

With that said, not all.

"By their fruits ye shall know them."

Very good and very well... AND yet there are quite the interestingly necessary evils that most real Christians will still deny or refuse themselves thinking it wiser when, in and by fact, it is foolish and debilitating. *hearts*

It must have been repealed...Christians eat pork all the time...what a minute...are you telling me that it hasn't been repealed!!!...Oh my GOD!!! We're all going to hell!!!:eek:

Most Christians today don't even crack the bible. They don't know what's in there. They live "Culturally Christian" lives. That is lives or lifestyles based on culture, not on Scripture.

Most Christians today are also "Name-Only-Christians" or "One Day Christians", more like "One-Hour Christians" actually. The compartmentalize their life. Meaning that only at certain times and/or situations they whip out Christianity as a badge or a name. Other than that it's meaningless as it doesn't apply to how they actually live their lives. You see this very clearly in those who profess to be Christians yet are the most mean-spirited, belligerent, foul mouthed human beings you could ever dream of coming across. The polar opposite of what it means to be a Christian.

With that said, not all.

You have proof of this, of course.

Because I've never been in a church where the congregation didn't read the bible. At the very least in Sunday school and during the sermon itself.

See Matthew 7:16 and Galatians 5:22-23

And the highlighted pretty much proves my point..."one-day Christians" or "one-hour Christians." That's NOT what Christianity is all about.

Scripture provides all the proof I need. What do you think Matthew 7:21 is referring to?

With that said, not all.

Because I've never been in a church where the congregation didn't read the bible. At the very least in Sunday school and during the sermon itself.

And the highlighted pretty much proves my point..."one-day Christians" or "one-hour Christians." That's NOT what Christianity is all about.

Scripture provides all the proof I need. What do you think Matthew 7:21 is referring to?

That's not proof of what you stated...that most Christians don't crack the bible.

Of course, you contradicted it yourself in the same post, so really no more needs to be said.

That's not proof of what you stated...that most Christians don't crack the bible.

Of course, you contradicted it yourself in the same post, so really no more needs to be said.

It's not so much that Christians don't actually read the Bible, the problem is that they selectively quote verses that support their bigoted views.

If "harsh judgement" means I don't wanna invite a guy that packs fudge into my house to eat catfish with my children, then color me superior.
Why are you letting other kinds of guys into your house to eat catfish with your children?

I set up hidden cameras.
Oh I see. You enjoy watching video of what men do with your children while eating catfish. I see.

Who would that be? Because I haven't seen anyone say they speak for God....
You haven't been here too long then. There are people on this forum who literally believe they can SENSE sin.

There are a "bunch" of us that are willing to discuss what is in the Bible. It is the the "elite" intellectual (wanna-bees) that want to declare parts of the Bible invalid, and add in words that are not there to fit their agenda.

It's not so much that Christians don't actually read the Bible, the problem is that they selectively quote verses that support their bigoted views.

Isn't that one of your ..... tricks?

There are a "bunch" of us that are willing to discuss what is in the Bible. It is the the "elite" intellectual (wanna-bees) that want to declare parts of the Bible invalid, and add in words that are not there to fit their agenda.
and you realize they look like loons, right?

and you realize they look like loons, right?

Some times it is hard to tell the difference. The ones that use the Biblical quotes with true comprehension will usually teach you something if you are willing to learn. The ones that pull Biblical quotes and use them out of context usually resort to repeating things, because that is all they have, a few quotes that clearly do not mean what they are saying it means.

Whoever is still debating on this thread and topic:
ADULTERY and coveting someone else's wife or husband is against the TEN COMMANDMENTS.
There is not a single commandment against eating certain foods, just not COVETING which can apply to any unnatural desire or lusting after what isn't rightfully yours.

Spiritually the husband/wife soulmates are supposed to be joined in spirit and in flesh as one, and that covenant reflects the same oneness of the Lord/Law/God with the people/humanity/church or bride.

So the point of being against unnatural lust/relations (whether homosexual or heterosexual) is that it doesn't respect that commitment and spiritual partnership.

That's the real issue.

(as for eating foods, the Bible says clearly that man is not defiled by what goes in our mouths but what comes out. So bearing false witness and promoting hateful unforgiving speech and attitudes does more damage to relationships. We are supposed to speak the truth with love to heal and build relations with our neighbors, not destroy out of hate which is murder in spirit. We are not supposed to kill relationships but make amends through forgiveness and healing. The truth is supposed to be established that sets us free from strife and conflict, bringing peace and justice. corrections are done out of love and respect for the relationship between neighbors, it is not for vengeful force or coercion. So that approach to this whole debate is off to begin with if the point is not to reach agreement and restore good faith relations between neighbors.)

Last edited:
Also, you will note in Acts that the rules of Kashrut don't apply to Christians.
I don't know what "kash rut" is, but Acts doesn't make unclean meats clean. The Op is right. Gods True Church doesn't eat unclean meat.

Dear Death Angel
Matthew 15:11 What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them." MATTHEW 15:11

What Defiles a Man
10Jesus called the crowd to Him and said, “Listen and understand.
11A man is not defiled by what enters his mouth, but” by what comes out of it.
12Then the disciples came to Him and said,
“Are You aware that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”

New Topics

Forum List

Back