Eat more Meat.

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Mindful, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,378
    Nice try. Has nothing to do with me being secular. Has to do with "the Bible says so" being the logical fallacy of Appeal to Authority. Unless you are talking to another person who shares your beliefs AND the topic happens to actually be the Bible, it is neither a valid nor a useful argument.

Also, it always has been and always will be bad manners to bring someone else's beliefs into an argument if they don't do it themselves.

Given that you prefer taking vague, generalized snipes from the peanut gallery at "conservative peers" and what they would do and why, rather than debating ACTUAL actions and positions with ACTUAL people, I can only assume that you, like Buttercup, have jack shit beyond what you really WISH the debate was.

I'm so glad you two found each other, because you clearly have a rich fantasy debating life in common.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Natural Citizen

Natural Citizen Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,855
    Get back in your hole. I wasn't talking to you. Is your name buttercup? pst...

3. buttercup

buttercup VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +624
    Yes, that's sad but true. As a matter fact, that is one of the reasons why I was a nonbeliever for most of my life. Because growing up, what I saw was people who claimed to be religious, but acted exactly like everyone else in the world. So I honestly thought that religion was nothing but a cultural thing, with no truth attached to it. So like many people, I made the mistake of throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Good point about shaking the dust off one's feet. That is kind of what I was saying earlier, to someone else, when I said that the people I would like to reach are those whose values are not aligned with their actions, due to sincere ignorance. And there are tons of people like that. Also, I think there are many people who are willfully blind. I've heard people actually admit that, flat out. They'll say things like "I don't want to see that, or else I will have to go vegan". lol It's kind of funny, but at the same time I wish they knew that if they would choose to open their eyes and look at the ugly reality, they will find that going vegan is not in any way shape or form a bad thing… For most, it becomes a life-changing turning point, and one of the best decisions they ever made. Our only regret is not doing it years sooner. (The pic below says it all) :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  4. Windparadox

Windparadox Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,916

`
    I moved up here to northern Wisconsin from Milwaukee about 12 years ago. I learned all these skills from some of the old timers up here who didn't think a city girl could learn this stuff. They are proud of me now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Cecilie1200

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,378
    Is this a private message? Pssst.

If you want to kiss Buttercup's ass without public commentary, maybe don't do it in a public thread, numbnuts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cecilie1200

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,378
    [​IMG]

For all the sanctimony and self-congratulation welling up in this thread.

7. Natural Citizen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,855
    Well, she's not one of those feminazis who keep their men in the kitchen peeling her potatoes. Know what I mean?

8. Natural Citizen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,855
    Hey, a city girl can survive. Ha.

9. Windparadox

Windparadox Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,916
    `
    The hardest thing for me to learn was "field dressing" a deer. I was squeamish at first but now, it's no big deal, just something you have to do.
    `

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Natural Citizen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,855
    Yeah. I know what you mean. It's spiritual, for sure. Especially the first one. Worst part about it for me was humping it up the side of a mountain. ATVs have changed that, of course.

Anyway. That's good. You're in a small Minority. At the rate things are going, it might become a necessary skill.