eat meat?

tommywho70x

Rookie
Apr 15, 2010
coming from a family of farmers, hunters and fishermen, it irritates the shit out of me for some bleeding heart vegan to be giving me a hard time about eating meat.

my family raised free-ranging dairy cattle who were fed with grasses and grains that were fertilized with their own shit . we hunt and fish and eat the critters we kill.

but it bothers me even more when i see all these brain dead mutants eating meat from the grocery store absolutely clueless to the miserable life that animal led on its way to the table.

follow this link to Free Range Studios and watch The Meatrix.

factory farming and the meat processing industry are in need of reform

http://www.freerangestudios.com/component/option,com_portfolio/Itemid,58/view,project/id,33/

I'm a big opponent of factory style farming, thanks for posting this. It's not always possible for me to live out my convictions, but we do our best. We do raise our own hens for eggs, plus one rooster.

• Banned
I doubt we'd be able to efficiently feed the masses without current industry practices.

the masses aren't getting fed very well with current industry practices. over 1/3 of all food produced never even reaches the consumers. the number is more like 2/3 in less developed countries with shitty transportation systems.

Let me build a house on 10 fucking acres and I'll grow my own meat.

Unfortunately, the paternalists want to control the land and the people who live on it. You can only have a house on land if you can afford 160 acres of land...and get an improvement permit. Good luck with that.

Fact is, we eat way too much food year round. I don't believe in regressing, but we really need to try to bring our habits into alignment with reality. The reality is our ancestors didn't eat like we do, which is why they weren't obese. They ate the same things for most of the year, and only pigged out on holidays and special occasions; maybe on weekends after hard physical labor all week. For example, I know people who eat rice and vegetables every single day. That's pretty much it. Guess what? They aren't fat! We always had a pot of beans on the stove, we had beans almost EVERY DAY. And potatoes, and maybe some meat at dinner, but not always. Eggs, cereal and/or pancakes for breakfast...and it was the same every day. When you eat the same thing every day, you tend not to eat much of it.

coming from a family of farmers, hunters and fishermen, it irritates the shit out of me for some bleeding heart vegan to be giving me a hard time about eating meat.

my family raised free-ranging dairy cattle who were fed with grasses and grains that were fertilized with their own shit . we hunt and fish and eat the critters we kill.

but it bothers me even more when i see all these brain dead mutants eating meat from the grocery store absolutely clueless to the miserable life that animal led on its way to the table.

Free Range Studios | Graphic Design | Washington DC | Berkeley CA

I've read about this book:
"100,000,000 Guinea Pigs: Dangers in Everyday Foods, Drugs, and Cosmetics is a book written by Arthur Kallet and F.J. Schlink first released in 1933 by the Vanguard Press and manufactured in the United States of America. Its central argument propounds that the American population is being used as guinea pigs in a giant experiment undertaken by the American producers of food stuffs and patent medicines and the like. Kallet and Schlink premise the book as being “written in the interest of the consumer, who does not yet realize that he is being used as a guinea pig…”
100,000,000 Guinea Pigs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...but never been able to get hold of a copy.

Bet you'd find it interesting.

• Banned
Let me build a house on 10 fucking acres and I'll grow my own meat.

Unfortunately, the paternalists want to control the land and the people who live on it. You can only have a house on land if you can afford 160 acres of land...and get an improvement permit. Good luck with that.

Fact is, we eat way too much food year round. I don't believe in regressing, but we really need to try to bring our habits into alignment with reality. The reality is our ancestors didn't eat like we do, which is why they weren't obese. They ate the same things for most of the year, and only pigged out on holidays and special occasions; maybe on weekends after hard physical labor all week. For example, I know people who eat rice and vegetables every single day. That's pretty much it. Guess what? They aren't fat! We always had a pot of beans on the stove, we had beans almost EVERY DAY. And potatoes, and maybe some meat at dinner, but not always. Eggs, cereal and/or pancakes for breakfast...and it was the same every day. When you eat the same thing every day, you tend not to eat much of it.

thanks for saving me the trouble of putting together that particular rant.

the fact is that people never ate anywhere near as much meat until the opening of the american west. prior to that, not so many were raised and their by-products were too important to be slaughtering them all the time for meat.

• Banned

Free Range Studios | Graphic Design | Washington DC | Berkeley CA

I've read about this book:
"100,000,000 Guinea Pigs: Dangers in Everyday Foods, Drugs, and Cosmetics is a book written by Arthur Kallet and F.J. Schlink first released in 1933 by the Vanguard Press and manufactured in the United States of America. Its central argument propounds that the American population is being used as guinea pigs in a giant experiment undertaken by the American producers of food stuffs and patent medicines and the like. Kallet and Schlink premise the book as being “written in the interest of the consumer, who does not yet realize that he is being used as a guinea pig…”
100,000,000 Guinea Pigs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...but never been able to get hold of a copy.

Bet you'd find it interesting.

that's a real oldie i haven't heard of in years. it's also a slightly different can of worms, but one that i go off about regularly.

just look at aspartame. that shit is so toxic that you have to wear biohazard suits at the factory. it has been linked to sudden instant death syndrome. but it has FDA approval.

I couldn't live without meat. I love it.

do you care how that meat gets to your table?

the hard core probably think this is fruitcake silly, but i think that meat that was a happy living animal in the wild or on a free-range farm tastes better than one that was raised in a tiny cage, tortured while alive and killed under circumstances that filled its body with the chemicals of fear taste better.

eating animals like that certainly doesn't bother my conscience like factory farmed ones do.

Forum List

Back