Eat Bugs, Not Meat, Say 'Global Warming Researchers'

Moron ALERT. Guess what you brain dead fucking hack? Similar events have happened in the past and will happen again in the future. Explain why the heat wave in the 30's got "adjusted" to avoid the inconvenient fact that it was hotter then?

not to mention Mann's hockey stick graph that was such a good poster for the alarmist AGW set that they ignored all the previous evidence for the Medieval Warm Period and Liitle Ice Age. and accepted and peer review passed a paper with 'unusual' statistical methods and undocumented data combined in an unscientific fashion. if ever there was a case of coming to preformed conclusions, that was the one.

Ian, you have joined Westwall and mdn in repeating meaningless lies.

In the video lectures from the 2010 American Geophysical Union Conferance, Dr. Thompson presented the evidence from glaciers concerning both events, from glaciers all over the world.

A42D

OK, I watched it. reasonably interesting, some nice pictures. certainly nothing new and contains a few awkward mistakes that tend to remove some credibility.

why did she put up the climate model 'hot spot' graph and the position of receding glaciers inside it without actually commenting on the correlation? and is she one of the few true believers that thinks the hot spot is actually there no matter how much evidence says its not? and her ducking the question about it in the Q&A didn't help either.

I also found her statement that the main antarctic ice sheet was shrinking somewhat disingenuous considering most of the studies say that it is growing.

I did think it was odd that she pointed out that the south american glacier cores showed the MWP and LIA when Mann used four of the cores (4 out of 13 proxies total) to show that there was no medieval warm period in MBH99. interesting. perhaps Mann will use the himalayan ones next time.

and still no proof that CO2 warming is any different than natural warming. she did say that advance and retreat of glaciers was a function of local conditions though.

edit- 4 out of 13 proxies for the extention back to 1000AD. there was 112, or 159 proxy sets in MBH98, depending on when and whom was asking the question of Mann.

Last edited:
Eat Bugs, Not Meat, Say 'Global Warming Researchers'
Foxnews.com ^ | January 16, 2011 | Ethan A. Huff

Researchers from Wageningen University in the Netherlands say that insects produce far less greenhouse gases than cattle and pigs do, and would thus be a viable alternative to eating meat. Published in the journal PLoS ONE, the study found that pigs, for instance, produce up to one hundred times more greenhouse gases than the equivalent weight of mealworms.

(Excerpt) Read more at nation.foxnews.com ...

Id rather be on a 8c warmer planet or die then eat bugs thats for fuck sure.:eek: Give me pork, beef, steak, chicken ect.

lol

My steak is going to taste extra special this weekend.

I can't say that a "pulled bug" sandwich would have a high commercial appeal.

So are these clueless academics going to walk the talk and start dining regularly on insects?

What's preformed? If GHGs keep going up, warming is inevitable. Even on a log scale the 40% increase in CO2 favored by some, represents a 15% increase in heat-trapping ability. That's significant in just about anybody's book. It seems that lots of data is thrown about merely to obscure this fact, because the deniers can't answer a basic question, "what happens if GHGs keep going up?"

What happened when the CO2 content was 20 times higher than now?

Moron ALERT. Guess what you brain dead fucking hack? Similar events have happened in the past and will happen again in the future. Explain why the heat wave in the 30's got "adjusted" to avoid the inconvenient fact that it was hotter then?

not to mention Mann's hockey stick graph that was such a good poster for the alarmist AGW set that they ignored all the previous evidence for the Medieval Warm Period and Liitle Ice Age. and accepted and peer review passed a paper with 'unusual' statistical methods and undocumented data combined in an unscientific fashion. if ever there was a case of coming to preformed conclusions, that was the one.

In the video lectures from the 2010 American Geophysical Union Conferance, Dr. Thompson presented the evidence from glaciers concerning both events, from glaciers all over the world.

A42D

Yes, I sat in on that lecture as well. Of course they didn't bother to answer my questions about the flash frozen plant life that they have as the glacier retreated. Yes you read correctly, flash frozen. You see the Quelccaya Glacier that she referenced shows some very intersting facts. The region saw it's highest temps roughly 7,500 years ago and since then there has been a steady decline. Blips up and down but the trend is ever downward.
And as the glacier has retreated this time around we find that the climate did indeed change rapidly, so rapidly that plants were flash frozen.

So I wonder, did somebody transplant a whole bunch of SUVs back in time to pollute the air to get the rapid change going? Or did it happen on its own.

National Geographic actually did a story on the glacier a while back and it was actually on the OK side, speaking with some good scientists, of course they then had to filter it through the whole AGW BS paradigm but there is some good info in it.

A42D

Yes, I sat in on that lecture as well. Of course they didn't bother to answer my questions about the flash frozen plant life that they have as the glacier retreated. Yes you read correctly, flash frozen. You see the Quelccaya Glacier that she referenced shows some very intersting facts. The region saw it's highest temps roughly 7,500 years ago and since then there has been a steady decline. Blips up and down but the trend is ever downward.
And as the glacier has retreated this time around we find that the climate did indeed change rapidly, so rapidly that plants were flash frozen.

So I wonder, did somebody transplant a whole bunch of SUVs back in time to pollute the air to get the rapid change going? Or did it happen on its own.

National Geographic actually did a story on the glacier a while back and it was actually on the OK side, speaking with some good scientists, of course they then had to filter it through the whole AGW BS paradigm but there is some good info in it.

West-Your right about the decrease in temperature for about 6,000 years and if you look at the temperature data of the last 800 thousand years you see that the inner-glacieral periods last about 10-12 thousand years and then go back into ice ages. This one has been around the avg and a ice age should start...We are also heading towards more north and south incline in our rotation, which allows less solar energy to reach the poles within the next 10,000 years...Which is one of the cycles with the orbit of the planet that causes the big ice ages.

So was the planet warmer within the Holocene Maximum, possibly...Some believe 2-3c warmer within the arctic because of more solar energy reaching the poles. Even Hansen agrees that this period was warmer or close to todays temperature. But the natural forcing right now is down as you say. The peak of our maximum for soar energy in this warm period was 1950...Everything since then has been downwards. The 1930-1940 time period was the warmest period as pointed out by many within this solar maximum and quite possibe with the effects of you know what if it does have that effect. But why the 1980-2010 warming?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back