Eastwood thinks political correctness has made society humourless

George Carlin, Penn, Teller ... all "lefties" (just not left-wingnuts) but none are "politically correct" ... I can point to MANY others ... so tell us again how it's "lefties" that do this?

Add: Ah hell, I'm never "Politically Correct" in my humor here ...

I have to say what I did on the other thread we had about this yesterday. I'm disappointed to learn that Clint Eastwood is afraid of anything.

He's no Chuck Norris, that's for sure. :tongue:

George Carlin, Penn, Teller ... all "lefties" (just not left-wingnuts) but none are "politically correct" ... I can point to MANY others ... so tell us again how it's "lefties" that do this?
Post 21 explains this. If you're in the clique you can do or say anything you want. If not? You're a racist.

Post 21 explains this. If you're in the clique you can do or say anything you want. If not? You're a racist.

Conspiracy theorists would love you. Really, you should join up with ones like those who think that 9-11 was staged, because that's the same type of argument they use. Left and right wingnuts will cry fowl at the drop of a hat, those with brains however know these wingnuts are just ... nuts. Lumping everyone who you disagree with as one group or another is also proof that you are a wingnut.

The true left doesn't care about jokes or comments, it's only discrimination when rendering services. I think the only time it should be enforced at all is if the discrimination is from government programs.

PS: I am of Jewish blood, my family on my fathers side escape Adolf (barely), but not one Jewish joke offends me. Most people who cry about humor "offending" them want the attention and just can't get it otherwise.

Conspiracy theorists would love you. Really, you should join up with ones like those who think that 9-11 was staged, because that's the same type of argument they use. Left and right wingnuts will cry fowl at the drop of a hat, those with brains however know these wingnuts are just ... nuts. Lumping everyone who you disagree with as one group or another is also proof that you are a wingnut.

The true left doesn't care about jokes or comments, it's only discrimination when rendering services. I think the only time it should be enforced at all is if the discrimination is from government programs.

PS: I am of Jewish blood, my family on my fathers side escape Adolf (barely), but not one Jewish joke offends me. Most people who cry about humor "offending" them want the attention and just can't get it otherwise.
I'm not really very partisan. I just pay attention. Political Correctness is nothing other than a tool the far-left uses to try to inhibit speech. It just is what it is.

I'm not really very partisan. I just pay attention. Political Correctness is nothing other than a tool the far-left uses to try to inhibit speech. It just is what it is.

However the far right use the reaction to further their political agenda as well. That's what makes it partisanship bull on both sides. It's the old "but they started it" game, goes nowhere and solves nothing, and makes all involved look foolish.

However the far right use the reaction to further their political agenda as well. That's what makes it partisanship bull on both sides. It's the old "but they started it" game, goes nowhere and solves nothing, and makes all involved look foolish.
If it didn't exist, it wouldn't be there to use.

Clint is right. PC inhibits speech. And it's running rampant.

By the way, Java coder? Do you work freelance?

If it didn't exist, it wouldn't be there to use.

Clint is right. PC inhibits speech. And it's running rampant.

By the way, Java coder? Do you work freelance?

Of course I work freelance ... I hate having a schedule dictated to me and not being able to decide which contracts I want.

However, "PC" wouldn't exist if groups like the FCC didn't exist who dictate to people what is considered "good language" and "bad language". Special interest groups like these exist on both sides, and they both try this. So of course if it didn't exist it wouldn't be there to use, however by using it the way the right wingnuts do they perpetuating it so they can continue to use it.

Oh and the man isn't talking about ethnic jokes you idiots. Hell what do you think 'Borat' was?

Agreed. But ethnic jokes are usually the first things to go out the window in the name of political correctness.

The American spirit is built upon rugged individualism. That means not giving a damn about what the other guy thinks. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a license for rudeness although that can certainly be one of its results.

Political correctness, on the other hand, isn't so much that a statement or gesture insults a particular group of people. It's all about how it's perceived by others. For example, it's not the whether or not the dumb blonde joke offends women that's offensive. Nobody truly gives a damn about blonde women or women. It's the perception that comes with the telling of the joke and how it reflects upon the corporate image that's offensive. It's what others think, whether they be blonde women or men, that's the issue.

Make a negative statement about President Barack Obama and you run the risk of being branded a racist NOT by Blacks but by whites because they don't want to be perceived as racist. That's the folly of political correctness.

Yet ironically racist jokes DEPEND on understanding and caring about what other people think.

I've known a LOT of rugged individualists.

They live in broken trailers out in the back woods.

They're a real laugh riot, too.

However, "PC" wouldn't exist if groups like the FCC didn't exist who dictate to people what is considered "good language" and "bad language". Special interest groups like these exist on both sides, and they both try this. So of course if it didn't exist it wouldn't be there to use, however by using it the way the right wingnuts do they perpetuating it so they can continue to use it.
PC wasn't a product of government regulation of the airwaves. And it's not "perpetuated" it's fought against.

PC wasn't a product of government regulation of the airwaves. And it's not "perpetuated" it's fought against.

This is where you lose logic. The first form of PC was just that, keeping "swear" words or "fowl language" off the airwaves. The point of PC is to keep "offensive" language away from people too weak to handle it and not just about minority groups. It is perpetuated when the focus is continually placed on it, so whining about it IS perpetuating it.

This is where you lose logic. The first form of PC was just that, keeping "swear" words or "fowl language" off the airwaves. The point of PC is to keep "offensive" language away from people too weak to handle it and not just about minority groups. It is perpetuated when the focus is continually placed on it, so whining about it IS perpetuating it.
El Wrongo!

The FCC regulating the publicly owned airwaves wasn't "political correctness" maybe you should just re-think definitions for a second. Because the public airwaves belong to the public, and are regulated BY us via Congress and the FCC. It's an "at will" relationship.

Political Correctness isn't "at will." Does the public, through its representatives, vote on what is and what isn't PC? No, it's defined by the PC Nazis and forced down the public's throat.

Ya see now? THEY decide what is and isn't PC, and apply it according to politics, gender and skin color not across the board.

This is why Barack Obama can call his "white grandmother" a "typical white person" all day long, but if someone like Eastwood tried it in the opposite, imagine the howls and wails!

Last edited:
Bah! Jack Nickelson could kick both their asses ...

Don' talk shit about Clint. He's the most badassed motherfucker around, you pussy cakes! He's 6'5", used to be a lumberjack, and his very squint could kill Jack or Chuck before his gravelly voice was heard uttering a legendary one-liner, dammit!

I'm a radical lefty and I hate PC! PC is short for pussy cakes. (Anyone seen Gran Torino yet?)

ps: Radical lefties have no political agendas to end any freedoms. Get over it. We just don't want businesses and large corporations running the world, ruining the world, and harming the environment and people. And let everyone have as much freedom as they want until their freedom infringes on the rights of others. The End. That's the gist of liberalism. Oh, and world peace.

ps: Radical lefties have no political agendas to end any freedoms. Get over it. We just don't want businesses and large corporations running the world, ruining the world, and harming the environment and people. And let everyone have as much freedom as they want until their freedom infringes on the rights of others. The End. That's the gist of liberalism. Oh, and world peace.
You're not a radical leftie then. You've described JFK-style liberalism, which is a far far cry from what exists today.

In fact, most folks who vote Democrat aren't radical lefties. It's the party leadership that is, has been for at least the last 20 years, and has taken over a once great political party. The far-left, the radical left in this country, DOES want to curtail freedom, wants to command and control, and uses emotional issues like the environment, animal cruelty, class warfare, race-baiting, fear and resentment of big corporations, war, and just about every other "issue" to get their votes so they can eventually gain total power. (They're close.)

Look around! For an example, why do we need a $24/pound new tax on loose tobacco? That's among dozens of other such "sin taxes" which are in this new "stimulus" bill nobody read!

The far-left in this country and in the world at large believes the populations are too stupid to have freedom, are too stupid to make choices, and are too stupid to take care of themselves. And they've appointed themselves those roles. It's called "the nanny state."

Last edited:
You're not a radical leftie then. You've described JFK-style liberalism, which is a far far cry from what exists today.

In fact, most folks who vote Democrat aren't radical lefties. It's the party leadership that is, has been for at least the last 20 years, and has taken over a once great political party. The far-left, the radical left in this country, DOES want to curtail freedom, wants to command and control, and uses emotional issues like the environment, animal cruelty, class warfare, race-baiting, fear and resentment of big corporations, war, and just about every other "issue" to get their votes so they can eventually gain total power. (They're close.)

Look around! For an example, why do we need a $24/pound new tax on loose tobacco? That's among dozens of other such "sin taxes" which are in this new "stimulus" bill nobody read!

The far-left in this country and in the world at large believes the populations are too stupid to have freedom, are too stupid to make choices, and are too stupid to take care of themselves. And they've appointed themselves those roles. It's called "the nanny state."

Okay.:eusa_eh: Psycho!

Okay.:eusa_eh: Psycho!

Oddly, you sound just like my father ... but he wasn't left, at least not the last time I spoke to him. He was however one of the most open minded and freedom loving rednecks I had ever known.

Forum List

Back