Eastwood: Can't be Funny if You're PC

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Eastwood thinks political correctness has made society humourless

Fri, Feb 27 01:15 PM

London, February 27 (ANI): Acting legend Clint Eastwood , 79, apparently believes that political correctness has rendered modern society humourless, for he accuses younger generations of spending too much time trying to avoid being offensive.

The Dirty Harry star insists that he should be able to tell harmless jokes about nationality without fearing that people may brand him "a racist".

"People have lost their sense of humour. In former times we constantly made jokes about different races. You can only tell them today with one hand over your mouth or you will be insulted as a racist," the Daily Express quoted him as saying.

"I find that ridiculous. In those earlier days every friendly clique had a 'Sam the Jew' or 'Jose the Mexican' - but we didn't think anything of it or have a racist thought. It was just normal that we made jokes based on our nationality or ethnicity. That was never a problem. I don't want to be politically correct.

We're all spending too much time and energy trying to be politically correct about everything," he added. (ANI)

Eastwood thinks political correctness has made society humourless - Yahoo! India News

Political correctness was invented by Americans. Live with it.

Eastwood thinks political correctness has made society humourless

Fri, Feb 27 01:15 PM

London, February 27 (ANI): Acting legend Clint Eastwood , 79, apparently believes that political correctness has rendered modern society humourless, for he accuses younger generations of spending too much time trying to avoid being offensive.

The Dirty Harry star insists that he should be able to tell harmless jokes about nationality without fearing that people may brand him "a racist".

"People have lost their sense of humour. In former times we constantly made jokes about different races. You can only tell them today with one hand over your mouth or you will be insulted as a racist," the Daily Express quoted him as saying.

"I find that ridiculous. In those earlier days every friendly clique had a 'Sam the Jew' or 'Jose the Mexican' - but we didn't think anything of it or have a racist thought. It was just normal that we made jokes based on our nationality or ethnicity. That was never a problem. I don't want to be politically correct.

We're all spending too much time and energy trying to be politically correct about everything," he added. (ANI)

Eastwood thinks political correctness has made society humourless - Yahoo! India News

Some of his lines in " Gran Torino" were pretty damn funny ....

Does a 79 year old man really know enough "younger generation" to KNOW what the younger generation is really like?

I rather doubt it.

The 'PC' debate is hard because you can't really go too far one way or another. It's too blurry a line. Who gets to decide what's accepted and what's not? I just find it all kinda useless. For the most part, I pretty much say what I want about who I want when I want, and it's never been so much of a problem.

That said, Clint Eastwood is the fucking MAN. What a badass. My favourite movie ever is the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly and Dirty Harry's somewhere on the list too. Certainly one of my favourite actors ever! And he's a pretty good director to boot.

Forum List

Back