Easter!

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
Yes, it's more than a week past, but we had a good one.

My son came over on Ash Wednesday and his gf took me to the orthodontist (my car was in the shop, orthodontist is 90 miles away). He stayed home with the kids, mine and his baby. He took the kids to school, he played baseball and basketball with them, he took them to t-ball practice (it must have been on Thursday, not Wednesday) and they just had a good time.

I got my braces tightened, woo hoo.

Anyway, he and his little family came back for Easter. We did our Easter egg hunt on Saturday, and went shopping for stuff we needed for Sunday, and my boy and the family got to my house around 8 or so.

Anyway, he came ready and prepared to go to church! Could have knocked me over with a feather, he avoids church studiously, I don't know how long it's been since he was in one...probably 7 years. His fiancee has only been to Catholic mass a couple of times in her entire life, and that's the whole of her church edcuation/experience.

So we went to the Easter cantata...no sermon at the Methodist church on Easter, just music. The kids loved it, the church was packed (no I'm not a Methodist but am between churches right now). The kids go to "Church School" on Wednesdays at the Methodist church, so they enjoy going there. That's where most of the population of my tiny town attends. The Baptist church sort of alienated people when they disbanded the choir and determined the only people who could sing had to be "church members" and decided to do the whole secret communion thing.

ANYWAY...the baby even loved it, and the big kids (my son and his fiancee) REALLY enjoyed it. Asher was even ready to say grace afterwards when we had dinner but the kids have their own prayer so he didn't have to.

Then my youngest boy had a big old fit at the table and spent about half the meal sulking around, and my graddaughter stuck peas up her nose. Yes plural.

I was just so tickled to have them with me in church. I raised my boys Baptist, and mostly we attended church but not always. Subsequently, they went through their rebellious period where they hated church. But it appears my oldest boy is ready to take that step and I'm so happy about it.

Gosh, I hope I didn't ramble on about this in another thread, too. Oh well.....

And what were you doing while the girl child got more than one pea up her nose before anyone noticed? :)

• Banned
I was saying "she's putting a pea up her nose there it goes there it goes"...

We didn't realize there was one already up there...

Yes, it's more than a week past, but we had a good one.

My son came over on Ash Wednesday and his gf took me to the orthodontist (my car was in the shop, orthodontist is 90 miles away). He stayed home with the kids, mine and his baby. He took the kids to school, he played baseball and basketball with them, he took them to t-ball practice (it must have been on Thursday, not Wednesday) and they just had a good time.

I got my braces tightened, woo hoo.

Anyway, he and his little family came back for Easter. We did our Easter egg hunt on Saturday, and went shopping for stuff we needed for Sunday, and my boy and the family got to my house around 8 or so.

Anyway, he came ready and prepared to go to church! Could have knocked me over with a feather, he avoids church studiously, I don't know how long it's been since he was in one...probably 7 years. His fiancee has only been to Catholic mass a couple of times in her entire life, and that's the whole of her church edcuation/experience.

So we went to the Easter cantata...no sermon at the Methodist church on Easter, just music. The kids loved it, the church was packed (no I'm not a Methodist but am between churches right now). The kids go to "Church School" on Wednesdays at the Methodist church, so they enjoy going there. That's where most of the population of my tiny town attends. The Baptist church sort of alienated people when they disbanded the choir and determined the only people who could sing had to be "church members" and decided to do the whole secret communion thing.

ANYWAY...the baby even loved it, and the big kids (my son and his fiancee) REALLY enjoyed it. Asher was even ready to say grace afterwards when we had dinner but the kids have their own prayer so he didn't have to.

Then my youngest boy had a big old fit at the table and spent about half the meal sulking around, and my graddaughter stuck peas up her nose. Yes plural.

I was just so tickled to have them with me in church. I raised my boys Baptist, and mostly we attended church but not always. Subsequently, they went through their rebellious period where they hated church. But it appears my oldest boy is ready to take that step and I'm so happy about it.

Gosh, I hope I didn't ramble on about this in another thread, too. Oh well.....
Even though I am not christian anymore I plan on taking my son to church because I do feel they teach good morals and he can decide later on what his beliefs are. Anyways Easter was a blast this year, my son is finally old enough to enjoy it but young enough where he is not afaired of the easter bunny. My nephew on the other hand thinks the easter bunny is a monster of sorts and wouldn't go near him. I also got to see some family this year that I have not seen in awhile. Here is a picture of my son trying to steal candy from the easter bunny.
DSC01038.jpg

Last edited:
  • Banned
Cutie pie!

Watch the peas at dinner, though....he's just a little older than my g-daughter.

Cutie pie!

Watch the peas at dinner, though....he's just a little older than my g-daughter.

Luckly like his mother he does not like peas!:lol: I wish I could get him to eat his vegetables but he is a picky eater. So I give him the morning star "chicken" nuggets and other stuff that are made out of vegetables and soy bean.

• Banned
She's not eating them, either. She's shoving them up her nose.

I don't think he could fit a chicken nugget up there.

Forum List

Back