Eastbound and Down, Ch 14. Season 3's here!

Not2BSubjugated

Callous Individualist
Feb 15, 2012
In a mysanthropic malaise
Anybody catch the season premiere last night? Funny as sh*t. Kenny's playing for a minors team in NC and his catcher is played by Jason Sudeikis from SNL. Big fan of Sudeikis, but admittedly the comic value of his opening dialogue is questionable. Nevertheless, he's got some good lines as the episode goes on, and Danny McBride as Kenny Powers is always just awesome.

At one point, Kenny's ex asks him, while drunk, who he thinks their infant son resembles more, and he answers with, "That guy from The Shield. Chicklets? Michael Chicklets?" Oh, man, I 'bout pissed.

It wasn't as funny as the season 1 opener, but it's hard to find 30 minutes of -any- comedy show that can hang with E&D's series premiere. All in all I gotta say, season 3 intro's looking pretty solid. I give it a B+/A-

Anybody catch the season premiere last night? Funny as sh*t. Kenny's playing for a minors team in NC and his catcher is played by Jason Sudeikis from SNL. Big fan of Sudeikis, but admittedly the comic value of his opening dialogue is questionable. Nevertheless, he's got some good lines as the episode goes on, and Danny McBride as Kenny Powers is always just awesome.

At one point, Kenny's ex asks him, while drunk, who he thinks their infant son resembles more, and he answers with, "That guy from The Shield. Chicklets? Michael Chicklets?" Oh, man, I 'bout pissed.

It wasn't as funny as the season 1 opener, but it's hard to find 30 minutes of -any- comedy show that can hang with E&D's series premiere. All in all I gotta say, season 3 intro's looking pretty solid. I give it a B+/A-

i watch it.....but i dont think your going to find anymore then us two....

i watch it.....but i dont think your going to find anymore then us two....

Yeah, I figured responses weren't too incredibly likely from this crowd, but it was worth a shot.

Forum List

Back