East Coast Prepare for Earl

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
Hurricane Earl gains steam, upgraded to Category 4 - Yahoo! News

Hurricane Earl strengthened into a Category 4 storm on Monday as it moved across Atlantic waters northeast of Puerto Rico, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said.

Hurricane Earl strengthens, could swipe U.S. coast - Yahoo! News
If Earl swings farther west than expected, heavy rain could sweep the Interstate 95 corridor from North Carolina to Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and New York City, he said.

Could you imagine NYC being flooded with 10ft+ of water??
The subways and tunnels???
:eusa_eh:

Take it from a Floridian, ya'll that are along the east coast:
Please be prepared.
:cool:

Hurricane Earl gains steam, upgraded to Category 4 - Yahoo! News

Hurricane Earl strengthened into a Category 4 storm on Monday as it moved across Atlantic waters northeast of Puerto Rico, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said.

Hurricane Earl strengthens, could swipe U.S. coast - Yahoo! News
If Earl swings farther west than expected, heavy rain could sweep the Interstate 95 corridor from North Carolina to Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and New York City, he said.

Could you imagine NYC being flooded with 10ft+ of water??
The subways and tunnels???
:eusa_eh:

Take it from a Floridian, ya'll that are along the east coast:
Please be prepared.
:cool:

Hate to ruin your day but it is forecast to NOT COME close to making land fall on US shores.

nc can deal with hurricanes....its amazing when the coast line goes mobile.. people move inland fast...if you opt to ride it out on the obx or coast then you are on your own till it calms back down

Prepare the ship for heavy weather. Say again, prepare the ship for heavy weather. All hands avoid the main decks. Permission required to exit the skin of the ship. Prepare for heavy weather. This is not a drill.

i hear it may come up the coast but its still a long ways off....i think hugo was the last big one for us....everyone moved inland...then hugo moved inland....wasnt good...people from fayetteville left for charlotte only to be hit hard there

which hurricane was it...they moved generators up and down the coast for a week....it was gonna hit florida so they moved them all down...missed florida came up the coast to nc...the moved them back up

I've been down to the Outer Banks right after a hurricane. It ain't a pretty sight. Being raised in Suffolk, VA, I'm no stranger to hurricanes but even the ones that struck my area when I was a kid growing up had toned down a bit when they got that far inland. Those things will blow the feathers off a strong-willed sea gull!

it has been a few years....count...a nor eastern is hell on the obx....we were down there and they had a few inches of rain...being from the mtns...we didnt think anything of it...next day it was a mess...standing water etc...flatlands are different

I've lived in NYC for my entire life, except for 3 years I lived in South Florida.

Lived through one minor hurricane in NYC, back in the mid-90s.

While I lived in Delray Beach, got hit by 4 in 2 years. (Frances, Ivan, Katrina before it hit the gulf, and Wilma)

I lived in NC when Fran hit. Man what a mess she left.

I live in Florida and was here for the 4 hurricanes we got in one year. Been through a few of them in my day. The worst part is the aftermath. No power. No AC. In the South thats a real bummer.

If Earl stays on its projected course it looks like NC and NY will catch it. Of course they can go anywhere so who knows. The last tiem NY got hit I believe was back in the 20's or 30's. Wasn't pretty.

Here's hoping OL'Earl heads out to sea.

so far the coast is not on alert...but the red cross has alerted their people to get ready....that is always the first sign....

if our governor goes on the air and tells the coast to moblize...they will....now there have two ways off the obx that can be used in hurricanes...

the erosion is a killer for the obx

Forum List

Back