East Boston cat called to jury duty

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
BOSTON -- Duty calls for an East Boston resident.

Someone is getting called for jury duty...but it's no human.

A family is trying to figure out how their pet cat was summonsed for jury duty.

“I said, Sal, what’s this? You know, I don’t believe it I was shocked,” said Guy Esposito, Sal’s owner.

Sal’s owners, Guy and Anna Esposito, think they may know the source of the mix up: Sal really is a member of the family, so on the last Census form, Anna Esposito listed him under “pets”.

“I just wrote ‘Sal Esposito’, scratched out the ‘dog,’ and wrote, ‘cat,’” said Anna.

Anna filed for Sal’s disqualification of service. However, the jury commissioner was unmoved and denied the request.

Sal’s service date at Suffolk Superior Court is set for March 23. Anna said that if the issue isn’t cleared up by then, she will simply have to bring the cat to court.

WHDH-TV - East Boston cat called to jury duty

Ah That government efficiency. I wonder how many pets are on the terror watch list.

“I said, Sal, what’s this? You know, I don’t believe it I was shocked,” said Guy Esposito, Sal’s owner.

Sal’s owners, Guy and Anna Esposito, think they may know the source of the mix up: Sal really is a member of the family, so on the last Census form, Anna Esposito listed him under “pets”.

“I just wrote ‘Sal Esposito’, scratched out the ‘dog,’ and wrote, ‘cat,’” said Anna.

Anna filed for Sal’s disqualification of service. However, the jury commissioner was unmoved and denied the request.

Sal’s service date at Suffolk Superior Court is set for March 23. Anna said that if the issue isn’t cleared up by then, she will simply have to bring the cat to court.

Ah That government efficiency. I wonder how many pets are on the terror watch list.

TFF:lol:

I think that she should bring the cat to jury duty (with all of the local TV stations in tow) and make a mockery of the whole situation.

Last edited:

I better email my Dad and tell him not to call the new puppy Osama.

Shirts and shoes required.
Bras and panties optional.
Pets not allowed.

What a hysterically pathetic story. lol

Since jury duty lists are drawn, primarily from registered voter rolls, there could be a connection here with the likes of ACORN. This is not necessarily only humorous. It should at least be checked out.

Last edited:
I saw some story on Fox News earlier about some 8 year old boy on the 'no fly' list. Gotta admire the US Government for its remarkable ability to completely fuck up.

My state kicks serious ass :lol:

Cats have rigths too and should be guaranteed a middle class lifestyle with veternarian insurance :rofl:

Sal really is a member of the family, so on the last Census form, Anna Esposito listed him under “pets”.

Why in the name of heavenly fuck are PETS included on the Census form???

Sal really is a member of the family, so on the last Census form, Anna Esposito listed him under “pets”.

Why in the name of heavenly fuck are PETS included on the Census form???

The more people we put on the census form the more government money we can get from the feds.

Considering we only get back 80cents on every dollar of federal taxes we spend we have to cheat :lol:....could be worse and be like california getting 79 cents or like new mexico and getting $2.02.

Forum List

Back