East Aleppo citizen journalist loses entire family in barrel bombing

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
So sad to lose your entire family in one fell swoop.

East Aleppo citizen journalist loses entire family in barrel bombing

SEP. 7, 2016
In the early hours of August 20, al-Haj Ali Abu al-Joud’s wife called him to ask when he would be home. Fighting had broken out near the rebel-held al-Qaterji neighborhood where they lived, part of Aleppo’s old city. She was afraid. Al-Joud said he would be home in 10 minutes.

Minutes later, a regime barrel bomb was dropped on east Aleppo city. Al-Joud, a 35-year-old citizen journalist and photographer, had seen this scene many times before. It was his job. He visited the sites of attacks, took pictures and posted them online.

But on August 20, the heap of debris and twisted metal in front of him was his home. And this time, it was his family—his wife, four young children, second wife and her elderly father—who were down there, somewhere, underneath the stones.

“I’m homeless now,” al-Joud tells Syria Direct’s Bahira al-Zarier. “I sleep in my office, without a family.”

It took two days for Abu al-Joud and Civil Defense rescue workers to find the bodies of his children, wives and father-in-law. After that, he searched through the remains of his home for family pictures, toys, anything to hold onto.

“When there were bombings at night, my children used to run to me and sit next to me. And when there were planes during the day, they watched them,” said Abu al-Joud.

Continue reading at:

East Aleppo citizen journalist loses entire family in barrel bombing?

Now they are digging out pre-ceasefire barrel tales... :laugh2:

The problem with you, Little Man, is that you want to be a "war correspondent" on the order of Baghdad Bob. If we took a poll, I doubt very much if the majority of readers are reading all your "war stories." However, in every conflict, there are human interest stories because innocent civilians are pulled into this mess. It appears that it is beneath you to even publish one article about what these innocent people have to endure. Now it is getting on to bedtime in German. Why not hang it up for the day? Even y our beloved Assad wants you to get your rest.

The problem with you, Little Man, is that you want to be a "war correspondent" on the order of Baghdad Bob. If we took a poll, I doubt very much if the majority of readers are reading all your "war stories." However, in every conflict, there are human interest stories because innocent civilians are pulled into this mess. It appears that it is beneath you to even publish one article about what these innocent people have to endure. Now it is getting on to bedtime in German. Why not hang it up for the day? Even y our beloved Assad wants you to get your rest.
Has al-Qaeda changed your shift? Its not your usual time to barrel bomb the forum.

Has al-Qaeda changed your shift? Its not your usual time to barrel bomb the forum.

I suggest that you change your dirty diapers and start sounding like some grownup instead of a silly boy. We all have seen enough articles on the suffering these innocent people have gone through and are still going through. Evidently you think it is more important not to mention these people. Just be thankful you are living in a country where it is safe so you don't have to worry about bombs exploding around you while feeling the pangs of hunger.

hate to break the news to any journalists here, but everyone in the news media has a first amendment right to pain and suffering. you can find my sympathies tucked away neatly behind my pay wall, eh-hm, eh-hm.

hate to break the news to any journalists here, but everyone in the news media has a first amendment right to pain and suffering. you can find my sympathies tucked away neatly behind my pay wall, eh-hm, eh-hm.

Let us not forget that the journalists put themselves in harm's way trying to get the news out. However, this is about the family of a Syrian journalist being killed, not the journalist himself.

I suggest that you change your dirty diapers and start sounding like some grownup instead of a silly boy. We all have seen enough articles on the suffering these innocent people have gone through and are still going through. Evidently you think it is more important not to mention these people. Just be thankful you are living in a country where it is safe so you don't have to worry about bombs exploding around you while feeling the pangs of hunger.
The people wouldn´t suffer, if there were no terrorists making their homes a battlefield. You think it is ok when terrorists enter a neighborhood and insist on that they are untouchable. But since you believe everything your terrorists tell, you must now tell us all that the civilians in eastern Aleppo are fine and need no aid.

The people wouldn´t suffer, if there were no terrorists making their homes a battlefield. You think it is ok when terrorists enter a neighborhood and insist on that they are untouchable. But since you believe everything your terrorists tell, you must now tell us all that the civilians in eastern Aleppo are fine and need no aid.

So the people need no aid -- as told by the Syrian army. Who you consider terrorists here are those in the FSA who would have liked to see some changes in Syria, the same way the other Arabs did in the "Arab Spring." But keep it up. I think everyone will notice that there will be no human interest stories from you while you continue your Baghdad Bob act.

So the people need no aid -- as told by the Syrian army. Who you consider terrorists here are those in the FSA who would have liked to see some changes in Syria, the same way the other Arabs did in the "Arab Spring." But keep it up. I think everyone will notice that there will be no human interest stories from you while you continue your Baghdad Bob act.

Don´t try to falsify the news and stop lying already. It is the rebels who refuse the aid and reject the ceasefire. They want no aid but barrel bombs so lets give `em their fucking barrel bombs!

I wonder if that black-clad only woman is you:

Don´t try to falsify the news and stop lying already. It is the rebels who refuse the aid and reject the ceasefire. They want no aid but barrel bombs so lets give `em their fucking barrel bombs!

Oh my, the Little Pipsqueak is having a hissy fit. I think most of us have seen articles about Syria hold this aid back, and now they are finally letting it through. Now I hope you will excuse me from communication with you. because it gets too tedious
Since you have previously claimed that when you go outside young boys are thrown at you, why not have one of the staff at the nut house accompany you now on a moonlight stroll and they can throw these imaginary young boys back so that you can get some fresh air once in a while and get away from sitting at your computer day and night.

Oh my, the Little Pipsqueak is having a hissy fit. I think most of us have seen articles about Syria hold this aid back, and now they are finally letting it through. Now I hope you will excuse me from communication with you. because it gets too tedious
Since you have previously claimed that when you go outside young boys are thrown at you, why not have one of the staff at the nut house accompany you now on a moonlight stroll and they can throw these imaginary young boys back so that you can get some fresh air once in a while and get away from sitting at your computer day and night.

This video tastes badly for ISIS-Sally. She crawls back into Osama´s CIA cave to attend an emergency meeting, discussing what to do about the video.

This video tastes badly for ISIS-Sally. She crawls back into Osama´s CIA cave to attend an emergency meeting, discussing what to do about the video.

Thanks for showing us how childish you are. Now have one of the staff take you out for some fresh air. Even mentally deficient people need some fresh air now and then.

Forum List

Back