Eason Jordan Resigns From CNN!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    It was the tape or this:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=494&u=/ap/20050211/ap_en_tv/tv_cnn_jordan_2&printer=1

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
  3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    LOL! The MSM 'stars' just can't seem to get that the game is changing. Truth to tell, he did seem to realize he had put the foot in the mouth and tried backing up, problem is he believed what he was saying, without proof of any sort. He was happy to take the kudos from the Europeans and Muslims present, who also wanted to believe his story.

Now if he had come out and said that he was sorry, he got caught up and wasn't thinking-but the implications were wrong and slanderous, for which again he was very sorry, he'd probably still have a job.

Funniest thing, how does CNN deal with a 'scandal resignation' they haven't reported on? :teeth:

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I think they are so busy carrying on business as usual that they just can't help themselves. It's innate---it's who they really are. Changing would require brain surgery.

5. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    It was the tape or this, indeed. There are times when I truly dare to hope - when the dulcet tones of sanity wash over me like summer rain. This is one of those times.

Take a bow, Kathianne. Take a BUNCH of bows! I'd have never even KNOWN about this if it weren't for you. We are America - diligent, defiant blogger and grateful, wiser citizen - in microcosm.

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

well deserved poetic praise !!! seconded! :clap: :clap: :clap:

you done good !

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Thanks MM, but all I did was let you all know what was being reported by others. Really, it's so important that people let the MSM know that they are being watched.

Blogging is good, at least the responsible ones. As I've said before, they seem very quick to make corrections and credit those that question them-usually with thanks. They are not in the position to replace the MSM however. Almost all work full-time jobs, with blogging as an avocation, they certainly do not have a 'network' of reporters, cameras, etc. to send out to where the news is happening. We all need the MSM, unfettered freedom of the press. But a press that respects that with that freedom, comes responsibilites.

8. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    You are right, Kathianne. The game is changing. Without the blogs, Eason would still be working at CNN, and his anti-US military mindset would still be directing the CNN insurgent bombing campaign television show. The blogs targeted Eason, and they took him out.

9. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

I'll go you one better, 1D. Without the blogs, John Kerry would very probably have won the presidency.

10. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476