Earthships are so freaking cool

There are so many places in the area that is home to me that these would work. From the high desert to the pine juniper interface.

There are so many places in the area that is home to me that these would work. From the high desert to the pine juniper interface.

And you can do the work yourself with some help once in a while for under $5000.

The land might cost you more than the house.

Something I have been considering is how to swap out labor intensive eco friendly methods for an Earthship for cheap but quick and still very durable methods and materials.

For example, dropping the idea of a back wall made of earth rammed tires, how about just using a thick concrete wall instead?

Any other ideas out there? You dont need to be an expert to just toss an idea out there.

And not bad for 1500 hours of labor and about $5000 in materials cost.

Its long term durability is what concerns me. They live 'in nature' but nature like to eat stuff like they made their house from, lol. If we develop indefinate lifespans, I want my retirement home to be of indefinate duration as well. Concrete and stone seem to be the best choices with such durability issues in mind.

But it is a very beautiful cottage.

New Topics

Forum List

Back