Earth's Rotation Affected by Earthquake

ajwps said:
This hasn't stopped you in the past dilloduck.

10,000 dead and rising is the number of human lives lost in a giant Sunami wave. Many more thousands of human beings died today from natural causes like AIDs and murders of populations in third world countries or starvation in sub-Saharan deserts.

Human suffering and death occurs ten times this amount every day of every year of every century. This tragedy is a part of our awareness and many send in their dollars to feed hungry children but to what avail?

So is the cycle of the living cells in your blood stream and the bacteria in your intestines.

What would you like to do about it?

I would like to acknowledge the fact that there is much pain and suffering all over the world and while I am aware it is a common occurence, I'm am not going to ignore it simply because it is happening constantly, even at a molecular level. You got something against showing compassion or making individual efforts to comfort those who are currently suffering ?

dilloduck said:
I would like to acknowledge the fact that there is much pain and suffering all over the world and while I am aware it is a common occurence, I'm am not going to ignore it simply because it is happening constantly, even at a molecular level. You got something against showing compassion or making individual efforts to comfort those who are currently suffering ?

So you acknowledge pain and suffering and choose not to ignore the immensity of it all. Compassion, understanding, feelings of humanity are admirable but exactly what of these individual efforts do you think comfort those who suffer?

Would sending in a few bucks ease your sensibilities and compassion to suffice for these attributes?

Compassion alone stands apart from the continuous traffic between good and evil proceeding within us.

ajwps said:
So you acknowledge pain and suffering and choose not to ignore the immensity of it all. Compassion, understanding, feelings of humanity are admirable but exactly what of these individual efforts do you think comfort those who suffer?

Would sending in a few bucks ease your sensibilities and compassion to suffice for these attributes?

Compassion alone stands apart from the continuous traffic between good and evil proceeding within us.

I never said I ignored anything AJ. Your pseudo-intellectualism belies your trite hostilities. You know nothing of what actions I take out of compassion.
Come down to earth and try to talk real sometime. You're probably interesting when you don't hide. (you like those compassionate rep points I give ya? )

The number of dead has reached 77,000 today and is still expected to rise. While tragedy happens every day it is rare that we have a reminder of impernanence on such a large level.

When the US lost 3,000 and 1 building the level of compassion in this country was overwhelming. I think that same compassion is there with few outlets. We need to get our radio stations collecting money for those people the same way they did for the victims of 9/11.

Too many foreign countries are worried about the stinginess of the US government, without realizing that the US government is not where our heart lies and we will donate billions given the proper outlets.

no1tovote4 said:
The number of dead has reached 77,000 today and is still expected to rise. While tragedy happens every day it is rare that we have a reminder of impernanence on such a large level.

When the US lost 3,000 and 1 building the level of compassion in this country was overwhelming. I think that same compassion is there with few outlets. We need to get our radio stations collecting money for those people the same way they did for the victims of 9/11.

Too many foreign countries are worried about the stinginess of the US government, without realizing that the US government is not where our heart lies and we will donate billions given the proper outlets.

Hopefully the "stingy" comment was an isolated slip of the tongue but I'm afraid it reflects the attitude that many foreigners feel about America. America contributed 40% of all the aid given last year and that doesn't even include private donations. Maybe we're doing something wrong when the entire world expects us to fix EVERYTHING !!!!

dilloduck said:
Hopefully the "stingy" comment was an isolated slip of the tongue but I'm afraid it reflects the attitude that many foreigners feel about America. America contributed 40% of all the aid given last year and that doesn't even include private donations. Maybe we're doing something wrong when the entire world expects us to fix EVERYTHING !!!!

We expect something from ourselves....

What I was saying is what somebody else says about how "stingy" we are should not temper our response to the terrible tragedy. We are extremely compassionate people many of whom are probably looking for a viable outlet. We already know the Red Cross doesn't necessarily give money to the people that it was given for. We can't give it to the UN they'll steal it and hire their family to steal from the country we are supposedly helping.

Let's get a valid outlet and donate the money to help the people. I can care less about the UN "stinginess" comment. He is clearly wrong and it will be shown given the chance.

no1tovote4 said:
We expect something from ourselves....

What I was saying is what somebody else says about how "stingy" we are should not temper our response to the terrible tragedy. We are extremely compassionate people many of whom are probably looking for a viable outlet. We already know the Red Cross doesn't necessarily give money to the people that it was given for. We can't give it to the UN they'll steal it and hire their family to steal from the country we are supposedly helping.

Let's get a valid outlet and donate the money to help the people. I can care less about the UN "stinginess" comment. He is clearly wrong and it will be shown given the chance.

So your comfortable with the impression that the US has given the world that we will take care of everything? What's to inspire them to become self sustaining enough someday to be able to help others when they need too?

dilloduck said:
So your comfortable with the impression that the US has given the world that we will take care of everything? What's to inspire them to become self sustaining enough someday to be able to help others when they need too?

Nobody gives enough 'help' to actually run a country. Foreign aid is actually very small when it comes down to it.

And once again I am not talking about the impression one might have of the US solving every issue. I am talking about one incident that I believe most in the US would donate for. I am not even talking about the government, simply us and our reaction to a tragic event. I am showing pride that the US is often generous and believe it is still so and will be in this case as well.

The truth will out itself regardless of attempts to make us look "stingy" by fools. And it will not come with the strings attached expected when the government gives help.

no1tovote4 said:
Nobody gives enough 'help' to actually run a country. Foreign aid is actually very small when it comes down to it.

And once again I am not talking about the impression one might have of the US solving every issue. I am talking about one incident that I believe most in the US would donate for. I am not even talking about the government, simply us and our reaction to a tragic event. I am showing pride that the US is often generous and believe it is still so and will be in this case as well.

The truth will out itself regardless of attempts to make us look "stingy" by fools. And it will not come with the strings attached expected when the government gives help.

Exactly---just enough for them to remain in their status quo of relative poverty. Teach em to fish-not simply give em fish. I'm confident the US will step up again as it always does but is creating this idea of false security really a good thing ? Taking this tradegy up to the next step, NO ONE really thought the US would invade Iraq because our history of passivity and in a sense gave them a false impression. They we SHOCKED when we attacked. I bet they aren't next time.

dilloduck said:
Exactly---just enough for them to remain in their status quo of relative poverty. Teach em to fish-not simply give em fish. I'm confident the US will step up again as it always does but is creating this idea of false security really a good thing ? Taking this tradegy up to the next step, NO ONE really thought the US would invade Iraq because our history of passivity and in a sense gave them a false impression. They we SHOCKED when we attacked. I bet they aren't next time.

The US gives very little and to very few countries. Everybody seems to think that money is just pouring from US coffers to other countries and it simply isn't the case.

http://www.lp.org/issues/foreign-policy.html

Here is a good article on Foreign Aid. It may surprise many to find that the US only spends about 14 billion per year in foreign aid. This is a relatively small amount considering our purchasing power. I think it should still be less but it certainly isn't enough to run the welfare program of even one country.

no1tovote4 said:
The US gives very little and to very few countries. Everybody seems to think that money is just pouring from US coffers to other countries and it simply isn't the case.

http://www.lp.org/issues/foreign-policy.html

Here is a good article on Foreign Aid. It may surprise many to find that the US only spends about 14 billion per year in foreign aid. This is a relatively small amount considering our purchasing power. I think it should still be less but it certainly isn't enough to run the welfare program of even one country.
My point exactly--- but you say 14 billion without blinking an eye and countries STILL expect the US to do more---even to the point of suggesting taxes be raised. Thats bogus. We barely keep a few countries afloat and give Isreal a full half of that. What's wrong with this picture?

dilloduck said:
My point exactly--- but you say 14 billion without blinking an eye and countries STILL expect the US to do more---even to the point of suggesting taxes be raised. Thats bogus. We barely keep a few countries afloat and give Isreal a full half of that. What's wrong with this picture?

While saying that I would like it to be less you say, "without blinking an eye"? I thought I made it clear I would like to see less.

You point was the US was "solving every problem" and we clearly are not even attempting to, it simply isn't as much money as people think was my point.

I never even once suggested that taxes be raised! Are you reading a different post and thinking it is me?! Where are you getting this from?!

I suggested that we find a source to donate money to as private citizens and you are making this into some other topic altogether.

Once again, my posts have nothing to do with the government, how much money it is spending, or how much money it should spend. My posts talk about how much we donate and how generous we are as a people, not even one suggests the US should give more through taxes or raise taxes at all!

I simply state again that given a valid place to donate the US will donate more than any other nation per capita, and the truth will be in the help we give not in the remarks of fools at the UN.

Oh wait, sorry. I see what you are saying. Other nations expect us to raise taxes.

I say who cares what they think. When it comes to the end of this I will bet the US spends more and helps more than any other nation and would have without any prompting.

no1tovote4 said:
While saying that I would like it to be less you say, "without blinking an eye"? I thought I made it clear I would like to see less.

You point was the US was "solving every problem" and we clearly are not even attempting to, it simply isn't as much money as people think was my point.

I never even once suggested that taxes be raised! Are you reading a different post and thinking it is me?! Where are you getting this from?!

I suggested that we find a source to donate money to as private citizens and you are making this into some other topic altogether.

Once again, my posts have nothing to do with the government, how much money it is spending, or how much money it should spend. My posts talk about how much we donate and how generous we are as a people, not even one suggests the US should give more through taxes or raise taxes at all!

I simply state again that given a valid place to donate the US will donate more than any other nation per capita, and the truth will be in the help we give not in the remarks of fools at the UN.

Because you used the word "only " 14 billion. The UN rep made this "off the cuff" remark about raising taxes.

I agree with private donations to appropriate agencies and the rewards that come from honest giving will be immediate BUT when it becomes apparent that other countries EXPECT our tax donations to the government be increased AND tell us how and where we should donate it, I draw the line.
The US has obviously created the impression that it's citizens will take responsibility for everything bad that happens. No wonder they're pissed at us when somebody falls down and gets an owie !

dilloduck said:
Because you used the word "only " 14 billion. The UN rep made this "off the cuff" remark about raising taxes.

I agree with private donations to appropriate agencies and the rewards that come from honest giving will be immediate BUT when it becomes apparent that other countries EXPECT our tax donations to the government be increased AND tell us how and where we should donate it, I draw the line.
The US has obviously created the impression that it's citizens will take responsibility for everything bad that happens. No wonder they're pissed at us when somebody falls down and gets an owie !

Yeah, see the last post I had. I apologize. I am not having my best day today. :)

I saw that you meant other countries wanted us to raise taxes, not me.

The only reason I say "only" in that case is because others think we give hundreds of billions away every year and it simply isn't the case. I don't think we should give even the 14 bill that we do personally but that isn't going to change on my opinion.

no1tovote4 said:
Yeah, see the last post I had. I apologize. I am not having my best day today. :)

I saw that you meant other countries wanted us to raise taxes, not me.

The only reason I say "only" in that case is because others think we give hundreds of billions away every year and it simply isn't the case. I don't think we should give even the 14 bill that we do personally but that isn't going to change on my opinion.

NP--if we agreed on everything I would get worried. :usa:

dilloduck said:
I never said I ignored anything AJ. Your pseudo-intellectualism belies your trite hostilities. You know nothing of what actions I take out of compassion.
Come down to earth and try to talk real sometime. You're probably interesting when you don't hide. (you like those compassionate rep points I give ya? )

Why are you so bitter? You strike out with inane insults as your opaque attempt at compassion is worn on just about every word in your responses.

Thanks for 'them' rep points you periodically parcel out.

The Euroweenies are using "donations" by governments as a way to establish a worldwide tax. This is just the first step in the UN becoming a one-world government and I ain't buying it. The USA is not at all stingy, but the Euros want us to give them the money so they can do what they want with it...

freeandfun1 said:
The Euroweenies are using "donations" by governments as a way to establish a worldwide tax. This is just the first step in the UN becoming a one-world government and I ain't buying it. The USA is not at all stingy, but the Euros want us to give them the money so they can do what they want with it...

They will hire their children to steal from the countries that need the help while they keep our donations.

Best to go with private companies and leave the UN and EuroNations out of this one.

no1tovote4 said:
They will hire their children to steal from the countries that need the help while they keep our donations.

Best to go with private companies and leave the UN and EuroNations out of this one.

agreed. NGOs do just fine....

Forum List

Back