Earthquakes in Divers Places

It burns burns burns....the ring of fire.

I usually sing that out loud after eating a nice big bowl of hot chili and stepping into my "office".

Earthquakes continue to increase in frequency and intensity, just as the Bible predicts for the last days before the return of Christ. History shows that the number of killer quakes remained fairly constant until the 1950s - averaging between two to four per decade. In the 1950s, there were nine. In the 1960s, there were 13. In the 1970s, there were 51. In the 1980s, there were 86. From 1990 through 1996, there have been more than 150.

Your source for this is?

*shrug*

Saw something on TV the other day, where this high muckety muck from the USGS was saying that the planet as averaged around 12-14 7.0 magnitude quakes or larger per year.....for decades and decades, as far back as they have reliable human data.

I tend to believe her more.

The 60s were a lot worse...Alaska and Chili had HUGE quakes then...and I bet there were silly idiots calling those the End Times too.

Yes, two 9+ in less than five years. And two serious quakes on the West Coast in the same year as the huge Alaskan quake.

Does it comfort you that there is 12 volcanos along washington, oregon, and california?
And I hope you have a plan for if one does erupt. ;)
I wanted to go to Seattle this spring or summer, but I might wait. And I don't care if they say Rainer won't erupt for a few hundred years, for one you can't predict that crap. :lol:

Forget those, the supervolcano in Yellowstone will be a lot more catastrophic than any of those volcanos.

I wouldn't hold your breath about that one going off anytime soon either. I know some people say it's "due", but in geological terms that means within a few tens of thousands of years or so.

Right on. Yellowstone erupts at about 600,000 year intervals. And it has been over 600,000 years since it last had a major eruption.

Since most around me know of my interest in geology, I am often asked if I think an eruption of Yellowstone in immenant. My answer is, certainly, and within the next 50,000 years. And then when they relax, I state, because of our lack of knowledge of precursors in caldera volcanos, it could be tomorrow:lol:

If you live near a volcanoe, then you live afloat a sea of lava!! Yes, there is a large mass of cool earth(and probably gases and even water) that seperates you from the Terran Pot. But with one shake, and a couple of cracks, you become a delicacy for an extinct Dinosaur!! Humanity will not end because of an earthquake--Humanity will end when it is deep fried in Molten Rock!!

Did anybody bring the marshmellows?

We need another planet and soon!!!

Forum List

Back