Earthquakes in Divers Places

It is interesting to watch. I mean i know minor earthquakes happen all the time. But there has been a major earthquake almost every few days for the past two months.

Somethings going on. Not sure if it's the end of the world. but somethings going on. Doesnt necessarily have to be mystical.
Typical CON$ervaTard exaggeration.
We've had 4, that's right FOUR, major earthquakes this YEAR!!!

What's going on is religious delusion perverting perception.

<tinfoil> It is all global warming, as the surface temperature increases, the margins of the plates expand and push against each other more.</tinfoil>

lots of big rocks getting heated differently and pushing and shoving against each other as the planet cools. When talking geology, a decade is but a moment

Does it comfort you that there is 12 volcanos along washington, oregon, and california?
And I hope you have a plan for if one does erupt. ;)
I wanted to go to Seattle this spring or summer, but I might wait. And I don't care if they say Rainer won't erupt for a few hundred years, for one you can't predict that crap. :lol:

we have a volcano inside the city limits of Portland. I live on the North side of it. It is a pretty dinky volcano, only 800 feet tall or so. Still.

And I was around for St. Helens too.

Mt Hood is glorious. It makes the sunrise here something special, but when it comes to tossing rocks, they would mostly be aimed at portland, as the west side is where the throat of it is.

And we also have the coast range.

On the other hand, in all my 51 year, there has been only one tornado here. and only one really impressive storm of the type the east coast seems to get on a weekly basis.

When I watch the Cubs play ball, the wind blowing the flags on an average day there would be considered a major windstorm here.

I live way north of most everyone on the East coast, up at the 47th parallel. A hard winter here is where we get six inches of snow, and an ice storm. Stuff like what happened in DC this year never comes this way.

Last really big earth quake was in 1701. Last big volcanic eruption was when Mt Adams and Mt Hood went off together back in 1780? (Local legends werent to specific about the year.)

The potential here is pretty intense. The reality, a lot less so.

Earthquakes continue to increase in frequency and intensity, just as the Bible predicts for the last days before the return of Christ. History shows that the number of killer quakes remained fairly constant until the 1950s - averaging between two to four per decade. In the 1950s, there were nine. In the 1960s, there were 13. In the 1970s, there were 51. In the 1980s, there were 86. From 1990 through 1996, there have been more than 150.

yey for taking vague wording, and interpreting and fitting history into that vague wording. Centuries of this crap, people claiming this was the sign of the times, that the bible said so.

Nostradomus predicted a lot of stuff that came true, many which did not.Does that make Nostradomus god? IN fact, his predictions were much more specific than the vague bible.

You ever thought it is due to the spread of technology, techno improvements that led to ability to record readings in remote places?

In other words, more readings may indicate better ability to detect and measure earthquakes from around the globe.

Exactly, but you may overwhelm them with real variables that are at play here

<tinfoil> It is all global warming, as the surface temperature increases, the margins of the plates expand and push against each other more.</tinfoil>

lots of big rocks getting heated differently and pushing and shoving against each other as the planet cools. When talking geology, a decade is but a moment

Does it comfort you that there is 12 volcanos along washington, oregon, and california?
I wanted to go to Seattle this spring or summer, but I might wait. And I don't care if they say Rainer won't erupt for a few hundred years, for one you can't predict that crap. :lol:

You're choice i suppose. I wouldnt keep myself from doing something simply because there might be a 1/300 chance of something happening. but then we all have free will.

Earthquakes continue to increase in frequency and intensity, just as the Bible predicts for the last days before the return of Christ. History shows that the number of killer quakes remained fairly constant until the 1950s - averaging between two to four per decade. In the 1950s, there were nine. In the 1960s, there were 13. In the 1970s, there were 51. In the 1980s, there were 86. From 1990 through 1996, there have been more than 150.
For nation shall rise against nation , and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines , pestilences, and earthquakes in divers places. Mat. 24-7

Yeah, and how many times has that happened throughout history. So the bible writers had the foresight to know that men, who were constantly at war with each other, will be in the future. THen claim "see, I told you so"

What do they mean by "divers places", underwater?

Last edited:

Forget those, the supervolcano in Yellowstone will be a lot more catastrophic than any of those volcanos.

It is interesting to watch. I mean i know minor earthquakes happen all the time. But there has been a major earthquake almost every few days for the past two months.

Somethings going on. Not sure if it's the end of the world. but somethings going on. Doesnt necessarily have to be mystical.

Obviously you haven't been paying attention, have you?

Haiti
Chile
Argentina
Taiwan
Indonesia
California
Afghanistan
Turkey
Japan
Phillipines
Myanmar

Course, that's without counting the major aftershocks of the Chile quake, about 4 or 5 of which scored pretty high by themselves.

In fact, I'm quite confident there will be another one within the next 2-3 days. I could be wrong. But they've been rather consistant.

Forget those, the supervolcano in Yellowstone will be a lot more catastrophic than any of those volcanos.

I wouldn't hold your breath about that one going off anytime soon either. I know some people say it's "due", but in geological terms that means within a few tens of thousands of years or so.

Obviously you haven't been paying attention, have you?

Haiti
Chile
Argentina
Taiwan
Indonesia
California
Afghanistan
Turkey
Japan
Phillipines
Myanmar

Course, that's without counting the major aftershocks of the Chile quake, about 4 or 5 of which scored pretty high by themselves.

In fact, I'm quite confident there will be another one within the next 2-3 days. I could be wrong. But they've been rather consistant.

Depends what you count as a "major" quake. Moment magnitude 5.0 or above? Not really. 6.0 or above? Strong, not major. 7.0 or above? That's more like it. In some of those places 5.0 - 6.0+ moment magnitude quakes happen on such a regular basis they rarely make the news, like in northern Japan, the Kamchtakan Pensinsula and parts of Alaska.

I wish jesus would come back so the rest of us could live without all the bible thumping insane people

Earthquakes continue to increase in frequency and intensity, just as the Bible predicts for the last days before the return of Christ.
Of course, we've been in the "last days" for 2000 YEARS now. :cuckoo:

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

USGS said this is nothing new. Plus they don't call it the Ring of Fire for nothing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idbIWZzEMBA]YouTube - Frank Zappa - Ring Of Fire+Peaches En Regalia - 1988[/ame]

Because MORE PEOPLE live in earthquake zones...particularly around the Ring of Fire...doh!

It is a fact earthquakes are happening more frequently and your reasoning that these events only seem to be because of your net worth or the earth is more populated is equivalent to putting your head in a hole and hoping it goes away. We have been warned of this by the Bible and you really should take heed. Why do you think the governments of the world have decided to build a seed depository into the side a mountain up in the arctic, because everything is just hunky dory get your heads out of your holes and make your peace with G-d and his son Jesus.

Oh Pul-leeze! I bet you believe in Adam and Eve too.

*shrug*

Saw something on TV the other day, where this high muckety muck from the USGS was saying that the planet as averaged around 12-14 7.0 magnitude quakes or larger per year.....for decades and decades, as far back as they have reliable human data.

I tend to believe her more.

The 60s were a lot worse...Alaska and Chili had HUGE quakes then...and I bet there were silly idiots calling those the End Times too.

Forum List

Back