Earthquake in Los Angeles

DiveCon

gone
Aug 10, 2008
www.foxnews.com

has a banner saying a 5.0 magnitude
but no story
my girl friend(lives in LA) is talking to me on YIM and said she was told it was a 4.7 magnitude

details still comming

The Richter scale is completely outdated.

intensity.jpg

4.7 is no big deal. A few broken windows near epicenter, that's about it. I slept through it!

Over 5.0 is when it really starts to rock and roll!

you know that is total bullshit..when the quake starts you got no clue how hard its gonna shake....i have been in several and everyone of them scared me...the not knowing...will is stop or will it continue stronger and harder...

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Didn't say it's not frightening, just not much damage.

And it didn't even wake me up.

The '94 quake woke me from a dead sleep.

A heads' up for you Californiacators out there..

The earth is not suppose to move around like that.

Speaking on behalf of the rest of the nation, a word of advise: we think you've made a terrible mistake settling there.

Apparently mother earth is still designing that place. You'll know when she's done with a place because she stops rearranging the land.

Clearly she's rethinking that whole California design.

So we really think you ought to come back to America while California is still connected to the continent and above sea level.

Tell your Mexican friends who are visiting you that they really ought to go home, too.

I'd rather live a short and happy life in the Sunshine State and then be hurled into the Pacific than live a long and tedious life in Alabama.

Are those the only 2 choices?

As far as I'm concerned, yes. :lol:

I really couldn't imagine leaving here. Though I have friends and family in other states, I couldn't imagine being effectively separated from everyone here, and would still regard this as my home no matter where I went.

I thought Florida was the sunshine state. :eek:

Pffft, Florida? I have enough old people, orange juice, and irritable Cubans right here in SoCal. I don't need to journey down to America's dick unless I'm going to sneak down to Havana for some cigars. :cool:

Forum List

Back