Earthquake anyone?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
A few minutes ago Rod asked, "Do you feel that?" I asked what. He said, The shaking can you feel it. Look even my glass of tea is shaking.

Weird things happen I did not feel it. So I looked to see if there has been any earthquakes lately. I found that california has has 3 in the last hour of about a 3 on the scale. Magnitude 3.0 GREATER NEW YORK AREA, NEW JERSEY February 03, 2009, Magnitude 4.5 SEATTLE-TACOMA URBAN AREA, WASHINGTON January 30, 2009, Magnitude MW 5.8 SOUTHERN ALASKA January 24, 2009 Magnitude 4.5 GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA January 09, 2009 Magnitude 6.1 COSTA RICA January 08, 2009 and so on.

The information is available at USGS Hazards website.

no thanks,, I' take me hurricanes.. any day. least I have time to run.

no thanks,, I' take me hurricanes.. any day. least I have time to run.

Well, it's probably better than yet another stimulus thread from some leftwingnut selling snake oil.:lol:
The last big earthquake in the midwest was devastating.
Scientists Warn of Devastating Earthquake… in the Midwest"When you ask someone where the next catastrophic earthquake will hit in the United States, almost everyone would say California. Warnings of “the big one” have been in circulation for a while, from movies to government programs - everyone knows that California is the most likely spot for an earthquake disaster.

According to FEMA, “everyone” may be wrong.

From San Francisco down to Los Angeles, preparations have been made and are continuing to be made to increase the safety and awareness in the likely event of a major earthquake in the near future. FEMA’s concern now shifts towards Missouri and the surrounding states where a hotbed of earthquake activity is surrounded by populated areas that are currenly unprepared for a major earthquake.

They should be, as two of the strongest earthquakes in American history happened there and is likely to have a repeat soon.

Recently FEMA issued a statement that this concern must be addressed more seriously. To put this into perspective, the area of impact of the zone’s 1895 earthquake with a magnitude of 6.8 was 7X greater than that of the 1994 Northridge, CA, quake of approximately the same magnitude. Future earthquakes in the area have the potential to be much stronger than that."
Map 1895 New Madrid earthquake.

This is clearly a sign that the end is near and that Obama will become the antichrist.

REPENT! THE END IS NIGH!
Silly Judas was the banker for the Christians.

Silly Judas? Did he look funny? :lol:

Judas and the Federal Reserve have a lot in common.

Okay so I shoulda put a comma in there. What do you expect from a ninth grade dropout:evil:

Yes they do seem to have a lot in common! :rofl: :iagree:

Silly Judas was the banker for the Christians.

Silly Judas? Did he look funny? :lol:

Judas and the Federal Reserve have a lot in common.

Okay so I shoulda put a comma in there. What do you expect from a ninth grade dropout:evil:

Yes they do seem to have a lot in common! :rofl: :iagree:

:D Sorry for getting off-topic.

BTW, just heard this on the news the other day:

The Associated Press: Scientist: New fault could mean major Ark. temblor

A few minutes ago Rod asked, "Do you feel that?" I asked what. He said, The shaking can you feel it. Look even my glass of tea is shaking.

Weird things happen I did not feel it. So I looked to see if there has been any earthquakes lately. I found that california has has 3 in the last hour of about a 3 on the scale. Magnitude 3.0 GREATER NEW YORK AREA, NEW JERSEY February 03, 2009, Magnitude 4.5 SEATTLE-TACOMA URBAN AREA, WASHINGTON January 30, 2009, Magnitude MW 5.8 SOUTHERN ALASKA January 24, 2009 Magnitude 4.5 GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA January 09, 2009 Magnitude 6.1 COSTA RICA January 08, 2009 and so on.

The information is available at USGS Hazards website.
probably has to do with the "Ring of Fire" since they think those volcano's might go in Yellowstone and Alaska and probably other places.
We have not had any here which I thought we would soon because last time Seattle had some we did also after them.

Are you guys watching that volcano in Alaska? Big potential for an earthquake there..

Are you guys watching that volcano in Alaska? Big potential for an earthquake there..

Same fault line. California, Oregon, Washington, and Alaska share that fault line. If there was a major shift all our volcanoes will go, possibly even all at once. Or on the reverse, if they all went at the same time there would be a major shift. It's the root of the "big one" that people fear on this coast.

Experienced a small one a while back.. was wild.. shook for about 35 seconds.. not very powerful on the Richter scale.. but moved all the glass' to one side and tilted some pics on the wall..

Sounded like a helicopoter was overhead as well..

Experienced a small one a while back.. was wild.. shook for about 35 seconds.. not very powerful on the Richter scale.. but moved all the glass' to one side and tilted some pics on the wall..

Sounded like a helicopoter was overhead as well..

where?

We have not had any here since right before 9/11, when my mom woke me up because of the attacks I thought it was because of another earthquake. Of course I told her I didn't give a shit if we had another earthquake!

Last big earthquake I was in was in California. We lived in the mountains. My parents had bought a flooded home. One whole end of the house was up on stilts. They had it up about ten feet while fixing where the flood had washed out the underneath of one end of the house. It was early in the morning and I woke up to my bed rolling across the room.

Thinking it was just a strange dream thought no more of it until my brother came into the house. He slept out in the travel trailer. He was very mad. He said, "Who was shaking the trailer". All the pots and pans had fell out of the cupboards and one had nailed him. He thought it was me shaking the trailer to pester him until he heard it was an earthquake.

No more damge done to the house though. It floated on the stilts. It faired better than a stiff foundation would have. It was a 6.8.

Forum List

Back