Earth to run of of food by 2050?

Oh thank God you guys mocked the shit out of this before I got here. I don't know what I would have done.

There is the possibility for this to become very very bad. I had made a thread about this back in late August, here's the article from that thread:

The Coming Food Crisis - By John D. Podesta and Jake Caldwell | Foreign Policy

it is as they allude to right at the top-

"But the fragility of world food markets "

imho , a matter of how food gets to where it needs to be......we pay people NOT to grow food.

inho, the term food shortage is a misnomer.

and-

from the link-

While the United States provides more than half of the world's food aid, agriculture assistance today stands at only 3.5 percent of overall U.S. development aid, down from 18 percent in 1979.

in decades past we have been accused of food 'dumping', driving native food co-ops and production down as we just air drop it all over the place so to speak, depriving those markets of initiative to establish their own sppt's etc.

then there's the whole economic 'reforms' by native gov.'s question, in the 60's-70's Zimbabwe, The Ivroay coast et al for instance were exporters of a large % of the worlds cocoa and tobacco from Africa.

in Zimbabwe in 81 they had a record corn harvest over 200 million tons ...now? Mugabe started 're-distributing ' land from productive farmers to , well non productive political hacks.....

Take chavez. he did same...and? They regularly under go shortage for basic food staples even in their capital. And they have Oil wealth....

Forum List

Back