Earth Mocks the Warmers

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Last time they met in Las Vegas, the Earth dumped a rare snow storm on them. Now they're in Copenhagen to save the planet from Man Made Global Warming and Earth is mocking the Warmers by dumping more snow on them. Trying to remind them what Earth's weather was like for most of the past 2,000,000 years: really fucking cold, 15 to 18 degrees colder than today

Blizzard Dumps Snow on Copenhagen as Leaders Battle Warming

By Christian Wienberg

Dec. 17 (Bloomberg) -- World leaders flying into Copenhagen today to discuss a solution to global warming will first face freezing weather as a blizzard dumped 10 centimeters (4 inches) of snow on the Danish capital overnight.

“Temperatures will stay low at least the next three days,” Henning Gisseloe, an official at Denmark’s Meteorological Institute, said today by telephone, forecasting more snow in coming days. “There’s a good chance of a white Christmas.”

Blizzard Dumps Snow on Copenhagen as Leaders Battle Warming - Bloomberg.com

Denmark's weather is quite mild and the climate of Denmark is temperate, made mild by mostly west winds and by the seas surrounding Denmark almost entirely. The winters are not particularly cold and the summers are mild.
<snip>
Denmark's mean temperature in the coldest month (February) is 0°C (32°F), and in the warmest (July) 17°C (63°F). Rain in Denmark comes on a regular basis year-round, there are no true dry periods. The annual rain fall in Denmark averages 61 cm (24 in) of precipitation. Copenhagen has an average of 170 rainy days. The greatest rainfall comes between September and November. Snow is rare.

Weather in Denmark - Denmark's Weather and Climate

Of course, it snows in Baghdad and Las Vegas every year too! :rolleyes:

Snow is rare in Portland, Oregon, also. But we get it every once in a while. In Copenhagen, they get snow more often than we do.

Spotted by Normann Copenhagen

We Danes love to talk about the weather, and today we will do so as well.

Christmas is getting closer and if you are in Copenhagen right now it is hard not to get in the holiday spirit as the snow is falling outside covering the streets of the city. Snow always brings back childhood memories from when you were running around dressed like the Michelin-guy/girl playing in the snow and didn&#8217;t care about being wet or cold.

Talking about playing, dont forget today is the last day of our &#8220;Be creative and win&#8221; competition, so if you haven&#8217;t already submitted your design/drawing, please do &#8211; and you might win a Normann Copenhagen product.

To celebrate the winter wonderland outside we stocked the first page of our homepage with white products. Continue reading &#8216;Winter Wonderland&#8217;

Sure does sound like the Danes think that snow in December is more common than you indicate.

Denmark has a maritime climate and milder winters than its Scandinavian neighbors. It hasn’t had a white Christmas for 14 years, under the DMI’s definition, and only had seven last century. Temperatures today fell as low as minus 4 Celsius (25 Fahrenheit).

Blizzard Dumps Snow on Copenhagen as Leaders Battle Warming - Bloomberg.com

I'd say Snow for Christmas is rather rare if this is the first white Christmas in 14 years, and only the 8th in a hundred years.....Yes sir, pretty rare.

And this is Global warming...LOL

:lol::lol::lol:

are we being funny or seriously debating daily weather vs climate? I'm no good at telling when folks are being funny w/o a ton of :)'s being used or lol's.

To bring this to a local level I suppose. Tuesday it was in the 20's in St. Louis. IF man made global warming raised the temperature two degrees from "normal" would I have noticed?

Heck, on a daily level I notice the changes brought forth by what I think is the undisputed urban heat island effect. That is, concrete and the activity of city life increases temperature a couple degrees over the surrounding countryside.

Then again, maybe that is disputed, the outside air temp reading in my car is rigged to give bad info by greenpeace, and I've had the wool pulled over my eyes! lol

From 2007 article:

The real heat will start after 2009, they said.

Until then, the natural forces will offset the expected warming caused by human activities, such as the burning of fossil fuels, which releases the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/98151-heres-a-climate-prediction-from-2007-a.html

you gotta love it when the scientsts nail the predictions.

Climate Chicken Littles wanting more funding each year to save the planet...

Another sad, desperate and completely disingenuous little thread.

Honestly, why do people think it is convincing to take this "It is cold today, therefore climate change is not true" gibberish?

Why not read the news?

The first decade of this century is "by far" the warmest since instrumental records began, say the UK Met Office and World Meteorological Organization.

Their analyses also show that 2009 will almost certainly be the fifth warmest in the 160-year record.

Burgeoning El Nino conditions, adding to man-made greenhouse warming, have pushed 2009 into the "top 10" years.

BBC News - This decade 'warmest on record'

OP - You might want to consider apologising for the thread, I think. It's nonsense.

Honestly, why do people think it is convincing to take this "It is cold today, therefore climate change is not true" gibberish?

Why not read the news?

The first decade of this century is "by far" the warmest since instrumental records began, say the UK Met Office and World Meteorological Organization.

Their analyses also show that 2009 will almost certainly be the fifth warmest in the 160-year record.

Burgeoning El Nino conditions, adding to man-made greenhouse warming, have pushed 2009 into the "top 10" years.

OP - You might want to consider apologising for the thread, I think. It's nonsense.

You might want to stop fucking lying.

East Angelic's Motto: How would you like your data cooked?

Why not read the news?

"Any scientist ought to know that you just can’t mix and match proxy and actual data," -- Philip Stott, emeritus professor of biogeography at London’s School of Oriental and African Studies.

Past decade set to be warmest ever - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Who knows, maybe all the sources of this little tidbit are wrong. Climate: 2009 Caps Hottest Decade on Record - ABC News Guess we should just test the effects of greenhouse gasses

"Some of the UN's weather data was provided by Britain's University of East Anglia which is at the centre of a row over leaked emails which appear to suggest that the theories around man-made climate change are not solid."

Read your own articles once in a while

Three Sets of Data

Researchers said the temperature analysis was based on three independent sets of data, one maintained by the United Kingdom's Hadley Climate Center and the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, as well as two other sets maintained in the United States by NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

That's why I put two articles up.

Anyway, who knows if the numbers are wrong. Guess we'll have to see what greenhouse gasses do in an enclosed environment then extrapolate what will happen to the planet on the whole.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the results will be different.

Anyway, who knows if the numbers are wrong. Guess we'll have to see what greenhouse gasses do in an enclosed environment then extrapolate what will happen to the planet on the whole.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the results will be different.

You extrapolate to LUNACY. You are shit MAD that you've been called OUT on your FALSE...FLAWED FishTank Experiment...

The Real World Beckons YOU to wake the Hell UP...

Crusader -

The data I presented is from the UK Met Office.

If you have evidence that it has been 'cooked', then please present that evidence.

If you don't - and we both know you don't - then perhaps try looking at the data with an open mind.

Forum List

Back