Earth: Making of a Planet (National Geographic)

R

rdean

Earth: Making of a Planet | National Geographic Channel

The history of our planet is epic from its birth out of cosmic rubble to the unique complex of land, sea, atmosphere and life we know now. See how water was transported to Earth's surface inside millions of meteors. Through CGI re-creations, meet the inhabitants of Earth over the ages, from slimy mats of algae to the great dinosaurs and the ancestors of mammals and humans.

==============================

A brilliant new show is on NGC about the creation of the Earth. How many billions of years it took to get where we are now.

I can't believe there are those that would deny knowledge from this remarkable science. The least they could do is put something in it's place. Something that makes sense. Something more than "It was "shimmered" into being".

Last edited by a moderator:
This promo mentions continents on a collision course. That is such BS. Where are the mountains created by the collision between Russia & Alaska?

This is just another liberal fairytale movie.

The history of our planet is epic from its birth out of cosmic rubble to the unique complex of land, sea, atmosphere and life we know now. See how water was transported to Earth's surface inside millions of meteors. Through CGI re-creations, meet the inhabitants of Earth over the ages, from slimy mats of algae to the great dinosaurs and the ancestors of mammals and humans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYtRH3XQzfE&feature=related

A brilliant new show is on NGC about the creation of the Earth. How many billions of years it took to get where we are now.

I can't believe there are those that would deny knowledge from this remarkable science. The least they could do is put something in it's place. Something that makes sense. Something more than "It was "shimmered" into being".

I just started watching this series tonight on Netflix - That's kind of freaky!

So far I give it :thup: :thup:

Very cool. Might even learn somethin'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYtRH3XQzfE&feature=related

rd, Love this channel. ~BH

I'm finished with disc 1 and, yes - it's a not-so-veiled infomercial decrying global warming, but it's also an incredible look at the symbiosis that life on the only living planet we know of has with its Mother Earth.

If you don't believe man can burn enough carbon to affect the climate, watch it for the pretty pictures and the basic earth science lesson.

On to disc two.

This promo mentions continents on a collision course. That is such BS. Where are the mountains created by the collision between Russia & Alaska?

Collision between Russia and Alaska???:lol::eusa_whistle:

The willfully ignorant are such a hoot.

Collision between Russia and Alaska???:lol::eusa_whistle:

The willfully ignorant are such a hoot.

Online and in political life such prideful ignorance is often considered a superpower.

That's why you're wasting your ascii debating science with people who don't believe in science, amigo.

The impenetratable circular dislogic of the willingfully and happily ignorant cannot be pierced by facts or logic.

Bet you already knew that, didn't you?

Last edited:

you need to look at where the tectonic plates meet up
hint: it isnt between Alaska and Russia

Forum List

Back