Earth Hour tonight

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Sponsored by WWF. :) I'll be participating. :afro:
about earth hour | Earth Hour
In 2007, WWF-Australia inspired Sydney-siders to show their support for climate change action in the first ever Earth Hour event. It showed that everyone, from children to CEOs and politicians, has the power to change the world they live in. In Sydney, Australia, 2.2 million individuals and more than 2,000 businesses turned their lights out for one hour to take a stand against climate change.

In 2007, WWF-Australia inspired Sydney-siders to show their support for climate change action in the first ever Earth Hour event. It showed that everyone, from children to CEOs and politicians, has the power to change the world they live in. In Sydney, Australia, 2.2 million individuals and more than 2,000 businesses turned their lights out for one hour to take a stand against climate change.

So, a return to a pre industrial life is the desire of environmentalists is it? I'll pass. I like being able to do things at night....it's what has allowed man to expand beyond subsistence level life.

I turn out the lights every day before I go to work.

Did you know that once the electricity is produced, it's produced? Unless there's a great big battery somewhere, turning off your lights for an hour is, like most things that Liberals do, a useless gesture. Empty, meaningless and self aggrandizing.

What they should be doing is divorcing themselves from the grid entirely and aborting the need for them to use any energy in the future at all. Then the currently hypocritical and empty rhetoric that the they vomit constantly would be unheard by anyone outside of earshot.

Now THAT would be a blessing for all of society.

Last edited:

Wow! What a statement! And the other 8759 hours in a year? Party on Garth!

Forum List

Back