Earth experiencing warmer winters for the past 10 years.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
I heard a report recently that the Earth is having warmer winters now,for the
past ten years. Meteorologists have been compiling data. And the info from the meteorological statistics, indicate that the Earth is experiencing warmer winters for the past ten years straight, since 1998.
Here is a link for all you skeptics, go to www.ktul.com/blogs/weather/winters_are_getting_warmer_.html

Last edited:
past ten years. Meteorologists have been compiling data. And the info from the meteorological statistics, indicate that the Earth is experiencing warmer winters for the past ten years straight, since 1998.

How could you possibly listen to a bunch of smart people that have been researching this stuff for years? No one ever listens to them!

Seriously, this is a real problem for agriculture, as the mountain snows melt off much earlier, and the water for agriculture is not there at the time most needed.

Hmmm...... Well, we had a couple of weeks that were colder here than it has been in a few years. But more wet than cold. And followed by a pineapple express that wreaked havoc in the Chehalis Valley. Now we are seeing a week of low to mid 50s. And the water year is only 3/4 normal. Overall, a warm fall, and a winter with one cold, wet spell, and a couple of warm weeks immediatly after. Wonder how the rest of the winter will go?

Hmmm...... Well, we had a couple of weeks that were colder here than it has been in a few years. But more wet than cold. And followed by a pineapple express that wreaked havoc in the Chehalis Valley. Now we are seeing a week of low to mid 50s. And the water year is only 3/4 normal. Overall, a warm fall, and a winter with one cold, wet spell, and a couple of warm weeks immediatly after. Wonder how the rest of the winter will go?

Then why do weather people call it 'normal' if it's not? But they call colder temperatures 'abnormal weather'?

BTW, I remember when Western Washington use to get snow EVERY year, until the last two years we haven't seen much of it except on the mountains.

Here is a link for all you skeptics, go to NewsChannel 8 | Winters Are Getting Warmer!

good---warmer the better--froze my ass of covering up the garden just now.

Snow was a fact of life every winter here in Portland untill the last 30 years. Now a cold winter is when the roses don't bloom all winter. My Grandfather was born in 1888 in Eastern Oregon, and every winter when he was growing up, snow drifted over the fence tops on their ranch. Now, most years, there is hardly ever more than a foot on the ground. I spent part of my childhood in the same area, and places that routinely saw -40 every year, now seldom see -15.

Snow was a fact of life every winter here in Portland untill the last 30 years. Now a cold winter is when the roses don't bloom all winter. My Grandfather was born in 1888 in Eastern Oregon, and every winter when he was growing up, snow drifted over the fence tops on their ranch. Now, most years, there is hardly ever more than a foot on the ground. I spent part of my childhood in the same area, and places that routinely saw -40 every year, now seldom see -15.

and the problem with that is ?

My whole take on this global issue though is that it's been in a cycle for a long time, and human involvement may or may not alter this cycle. The only problem I have with both sides is that if it is, it's more than each persons pollution output since that has actually decreased while the problems seem to get worse (based on environut science), so if there is a human involvement it would be a different problem than the nuts want it to be, but neither side will concede to it because:

1. They enjoy being nothing but live stock and don't want to stop breeding.

2. They want the money so they have to keep people scared.

My whole take on this global issue though is that it's been in a cycle for a long time, and human involvement may or may not alter this cycle. The only problem I have with both sides is that if it is, it's more than each persons pollution output since that has actually decreased while the problems seem to get worse (based on environut science), so if there is a human involvement it would be a different problem than the nuts want it to be, but neither side will concede to it because:

1. They enjoy being nothing but live stock and don't want to stop breeding.

2. They want the money so they have to keep people scared.

People like to breed so they deny the problems of global warming ?

People like to breed so they deny the problems of global warming ?

I strayed a lot from the global warming topic, it is all the pollution levels though so yeah. Tell them the world is overpopulated, there are only two reasons to deny this, either you don't want to stop fucking or you are a complete moron and enjoy pushing through crowded cities.

I strayed a lot from the global warming topic, it is all the pollution levels though so yeah. Tell them the world is overpopulated, there are only two reasons to deny this, either you don't want to stop fucking or you are a complete moron and enjoy pushing through crowded cities.

If I weren't so sure that the Earth will manage overpopulation for us I might give up sex. NOT.

Here is a link for all you skeptics, go to NewsChannel 8 | Winters Are Getting Warmer!

Hmmm, and I was just told I wasn't supposed to think of global warming as always causing warming. So confusing.

Forum List

Back