Earth 2100....did anyone watch it?

Oct 18, 2008
Bowling Green Ohio
The abc special that was on last night...I thought it was well put together and very informative. I know alot of you will believe it was enviromental wackos just trying to further scare people but those that did watch it with an open mind, what did you think?

The abc special that was on last night...I thought it was well put together and very informative. I know alot of you will believe it was enviromental wackos just trying to further scare people but those that did watch it with an open mind, what did you think?

It was just a "worst case scenario' look at what could happen but I believe it is a very real possiblity.

It was very good, like I said it was a worst case scenario of what could happen, a futuristic documentary through the eyes of a girl born in 2015. I believe global warming is real and this special was not just a look at that but at what can happen if we dont change things, like oil and gas consumption, looks at the aspects of an ever growing population on the planet and many other things, it was very worth while watching and I hope they put it out on dvd, I will buy it.

IMO it was a little over the top scare propaganda, but the outcome could be real if all worst case scenarios come together at the same time.

Common sense and sustainability is the answer, and were not living, or using our limited natural resources sustainable now.

So it showed an asteroid slamming into the earth, the oxygen getting greatly depleted, and nearly all life being wiped out?

Not much we can do about that though...

Actually, it is my honest guess that the MAD potential strong enough to wipe all life of earth should also be strong enough to blow up some wanton rocks.
Blowing them up enough should turn them into many small rocks, and rocks below a certain size dont get through the atmosphere.

Actually, it is my honest guess that the MAD potential strong enough to wipe all life of earth should also be strong enough to blow up some wanton rocks.
Blowing them up enough should turn them into many small rocks, and rocks below a certain size dont get through the atmosphere.

Only if Bruce Willis is alive to see that task to its ultimate conclusion.

And Bruce ain't gettin' any younger...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pILXoPluHtw&feature=related]YouTube - Armageddon - Goodbye Harry[/ame]

So it showed an asteroid slamming into the earth, the oxygen getting greatly depleted, and nearly all life being wiped out?

Not much we can do about that though...

did you even watch it dumbass...cause i did, only missed like the first 3 or 4 minutes and NOT once did it show an asteriod hitting earth retard....stop talking out your ass if you dont know what the fuck your talking about::cuckoo:

I finally watched it, it was really good. I like the way they presented it with Lucy narrating it and the commentary from the scientists.

Only if Bruce Willis is alive to see that task to its ultimate conclusion.

And Bruce ain't gettin' any younger...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pILXoPluHtw&feature=related]YouTube - Armageddon - Goodbye Harry[/ame]

The show was a propoganda piece - and a rather poor attempt at that.

The same tired doomsday enviro scares that will be sure to happen unless..."We do something now!" Now lookie here - we have the Cap n Trade legislation coming up this summer. Hmmm...whoda thunk?

It was amusing in its pseudo-earnestness and whispered warnings of our imminent demise - but hardly resembling true informative science - though the DVD will be presented ad nauseam to school kids across the country in the coming years to be sure. Johnny won't be able to read and write, but they will be able to recycle and by Green-Approved products - and of course, vote.

All in all, it reminded me of this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgOKjKZb_-c]YouTube - The Boy Who Cried Wolf Movie[/ame]

The same tired doomsday enviro scares that will be sure to happen unless..."We do something now!" Now lookie here - we have the Cap n Trade legislation coming up this summer. Hmmm...whoda thunk?

It was amusing in its pseudo-earnestness and whispered warnings of our imminent demise - but hardly resembling true informative science - though the DVD will be presented ad nauseam to school kids across the country in the coming years to be sure. Johnny won't be able to read and write, but they will be able to recycle and by Green-Approved products - and of course, vote.

YouTube - The Boy Who Cried Wolf Movie

That's because you are on the extreme deniers side, I sit more in the middle ( I do believe man has some influence on climate forcings), using common sense like this- Top 7 Solutions | SolveClimate.com

Implementing soon and in increments, it will be easy, a lot harder and much more expensive the longer we wait.

Last edited:

YouTube - The Boy Who Cried Wolf Movie

That's because you are on the extreme deniers side, I sit more in the middle ( I do believe man has some influence on climate forcings), using common sense like this- Top 7 Solutions | SolveClimate.com

Implementing soon and in increments, it will be easy, a lot harder and much more expensive the longer we wait.

Are you for or against Cap n Trade?

I watched a bit of it but I am not big on speculative visions forward. I thought the scientists and others commenting more interesting. If we are honest and we look around at our enormous houses, our long drives, dumps that are now small mountains, it becomes clear we are hurting the earth. But the change in this country is particularly hard because so much of our economy is dependent on the use of resources. Europe has it better, less land and more trains. lol

This is worth a look. The Story of Stuff with Annie Leonard

Here's my solution. http://www.usmessageboard.com/energy/56561-plowing-not-drilling.html

Last edited:
IMO it was a little over the top scare propaganda, but the outcome could be real if all worst case scenarios come together at the same time.

This is exactly what I thought while watching it. While I believe we need to do more, in order to preserve the sanctity of mother nature, but it just seemed to me like this was a little over the top.

This is exactly what I thought while watching it. While I believe we need to do more, in order to preserve the sanctity of mother nature, but it just seemed to me like this was a little over the top.

It was waaaaaaaaay over the top.

No different than an asteroid disaster flick - yeah, it could happen - but not damn likely, and if it does, it will be out of humankind's ability to do much about it.

The basic premise of the show was tipped almost entirely on the side of CO2 output - which is of course linked with the Cap n Trade legislation to be considered this summer.

Yeah, the CO2 issue, where humankind amounts for about 3% of all CO2 - the rest is naturally made. And CO2 itself only accounts for less than 10% of all Greenhouse gasses - the vast majority of Greenhouse gasses is naturally occurring water vapor.

The total warming since the more accurate temperature data starting around 1880 has been about .6C - half that warming took place prior to 1950. Even if CO2 was doubled, the resulting temperature impacts would be minimal - perhaps 1C. Hardly a disaster.

By the way, one moose produces more greenhouse gases each year than a vehicle that logs 13k per year. The stupidity of this entire CO2/Climate Change premise is astounding - and yet, many are making a lot of money off of it - and they very much hope to continue doing so.

Forum List

Back