Earmarks versus Honesty and Integrity

Oh for christ's sakes I'm beginning to understand that some of you don't really know what an earmark actually even is.

If the government passes legislation to build a new Jet fighter or to build a specific project or to fund an activity of any kind THAT money is earmarked.

Some of us let the media frame oursdebates for us by not thinking about the meanings of these words, I think. And now, since some of us complainted about how some money was earmarked to goofy projects, some of you think ALL earmarked spending MUST BE BAD!

Earmarks aren't necessarily bad or good, they just are.

What makes them bad or good is how we feel about that specific use of money.

Instead of blindly whining about earmarking, those of you who object to this spending ought to be pointing ouyt WHICH EARMARKED SPENDING you object to.

But that would mean that for some of you, you might have to KNOW SOMETHING about what you're whining about.

I realize in some cases I'm asking a lot from you, because it is very apparent that many of you don't know doodle squat about anything except that you love or hate OBAMA.

Idiots.

I read somewhere that they are working on a bill that would restrict the whole earmark process. If I can find this information, I will post it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back