Earmarks in spending bill cut by one third

Typical right wing attacks..

Cut earmarks by 1/3 and they want all earmarks cut
Cut the impact of lobbyists in the administration and they want all lobbyists cut
Create a more transparent administration and they demand complete transparency
Cut job losses from 700,000 a month to 11,000 a month and they want all losses stopped

What we have seen is just the first year. Lets see where we are after four years. Of course when the Republicans were in charge, these were all non issues

Try reading into it beyond the article title, moron

If you cut your punches to the face by 33%, but keep the same amount of energy, damage, and pain, are you really saving anything???

Again... numbers of earmarks down, but upon further reading, the cost to us is not down... it is indeed actually UP

The other spending was ABOVE BOARD spending....disclosed, not undisclosed, otherwise they would have been pegged earmarks, no?
earmarks are frowned on and are earmarks or pork, because they usually are not disclosed, and or not even voted on....but slipped in at the bequest of one senator or congressman....I thought?

these watchdog places consider undisclosed or for the favor of one, spending, as pork.

The other spending was ABOVE BOARD spending....disclosed, not undisclosed, otherwise they would have been pegged earmarks, no?
earmarks are frowned on and are earmarks or pork, because they usually are not disclosed, and or not even voted on....but slipped in at the bequest of one senator or congressman....I thought?

these watchdog places consider undisclosed or for the favor of one, spending, as pork.

No.. there is/can be undisclosed spending that does not fall under the same guidelines (specific guidelines) that gets it officially labeled as an earmark

Much of this is still the government playing "hide and go fuck yourself" with our taxes

Cut the impact of lobbyists in the administration and they want all lobbyists cut
Cut job losses from 700,000 a month to 11,000 a month and they want all losses stopped

What we have seen is just the first year. Lets see where we are after four years. Of course when the Republicans were in charge, these were all non issues
So true.

So true.

LMAO...another bimbo who remarks on a remark about the article who did not read the article.

Read it....I mean really read it. Spending on earmarks was increased.....just the amount of earmarks decreased......

So, in essence, the amount of public interest groups getting cash has decreased...but those that are getting cash are getting a lot more than they used to...

So, in reality....we, the taxpayer, is paying more and getting even less.

And this is a good thing? Or is it smoke and mirrors to make those that refuse to read beleive something that is not true?....sort of like you and RW did.

Actually, lefty, many conservatives have always complained about earmarks, overblown government spending, etc... it's just ones like you ignored it until it was your party in charge

Exactly what country USCitizen was living in during previous administrations is not clear but, even from the UK, I knew that conservatives objected to pork. They have always objected to pork and will continue to object to pork.

I think the problem with liberals is that they believe that we think like they do. The wouldn't criticize their boy if he raised taxes to 90% for all Americans, doubled the size of Gitmo, bombed Iran and sent another 80,000 troops into Iraq. No matter what he does, they will not criticize so it is beyond their comprehension that others aren't quite that stupid.

Actually, lefty, many conservatives have always complained about earmarks, overblown government spending, etc... it's just ones like you ignored it until it was your party in charge

Exactly what country USCitizen was living in during previous administrations is not clear but, even from the UK, I knew that conservatives objected to pork. They have always objected to pork and will continue to object to pork.

I think the problem with liberals is that they believe that we think like they do. The wouldn't criticize their boy if he raised taxes to 90% for all Americans, doubled the size of Gitmo, bombed Iran and sent another 80,000 troops into Iraq. No matter what he does, they will not criticize so it is beyond their comprehension that others aren't quite that stupid.

Excellent point.

Darn righties would complain if you hung them with new ropes.

I heard no such complaints from 2001-2005 or so out of them.

Seems to me I remember OL'BO saying there would be NO EARMARKS when he became President. KInda like the OPEN and Transparant Govt and HEARINGS ON C-SPAN also. Wonder when all that comes to pass???
NOPE, he never said that...Mccain did say that, but NOT Obama.

I stand corrected but here is what he promised to do:

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Barack Obama and John McCain both railed against congressional "earmarks" and promised to work to cut the wasteful spending they represent. Now, only one of them has followed through. Unfortunately, it's not the guy in the White House.

Our view on earmarks: Obama sacrifices vows to cut wasteful spending - Opinion - USATODAY.com

Good read.

Forum List

Back