Earmarks And Wasteful Spending: Your Share

But they are not wasteful if they benefit you or your area are they?

Only earmarks for others are bad?

Kinda like voting out the career politicians, everyone else should vote out theirs.

Last edited:
We are not talking relevance here. Only how both parties use them and how much they cost the taxpayer. We really don't need ANY during these years of printing money.

We are not talking relevance here. Only how both parties use them and how much they cost the taxpayer. We really don't need ANY during these years of printing money.

I couldn't agree more. But worse than the earmarks is a story in my local paper today telling how the city will get over $800,000 in stimulus funds. They will use the money to repave 2 streets near the down town area, and approved hiring the local golf pro to run a City owned Golf course. They will also hire two part time employees to run the register at the course.

$800,000 for 2 part time jobs?

Yeah local use of stimulus money sucks.
Richmond KY is using a bunch of it to extend their airport runway....

don't get me wrong the streets needed done, badly. But where is the stimulus? They didn't hire one person to do this work. And if they would have it would have been temporary.

don't get me wrong the streets needed done, badly. But where is the stimulus? They didn't hire one person to do this work. And if they would have it would have been temporary.

both of what we are bitching about benefit the upper classes most. The Richmond airport is a small airport for corporate jets and such. No commercial flights except charter.

Forum List

Back