Early Evolution called into question

I didn't backtrack, I said that from the beginning. I also did not say that the Denosovians are unknown. Perhaps you should learn to read.

Yeah, right, you didn't backtrack except when you wrote this back on page 2

The new findings have essentially destroyed the theories about the early evolution of humans.

And this on this same page

previously unknown branch of human evolution

Man, you've got a memory problem. You can't even remember what you wrote.

Ol' Flat has more than a memory problem. He comes on stating that he is an expert on scientific matters, then claims our species is only 40,000 years old. And that 400,000 years comprised the majority of the present ice age.

You confusing me with the guy in the mirror again?

I didn't backtrack, I said that from the beginning. I also did not say that the Denosovians are unknown. Perhaps you should learn to read.

Yeah, right, you didn't backtrack except when you wrote this back on page 2

The new findings have essentially destroyed the theories about the early evolution of humans.

And this on this same page

previously unknown branch of human evolution

Man, you've got a memory problem. You can't even remember what you wrote.

Yes, humans, as in Homo Sapiens, not primates. Funny thing, we now know that Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens were around at the same time, we didn't know that when I was in school. Fortunately, I didn't stop paying attention after I learned about Homo Sapiens in 5th grade, so I know that those theories were wrong. I also know that, despite what we knew last year, Denosova hominins were not restricted to a small area in Siberia. We also know that another branch of ealry humans known as Sima de los Huesos hominens were coexistent, and interbred, with both Denosova and Neanderthals.

But, please, feel free to tell me again how much you know from me not reading the paper.

"Yes, humans, as in Homo Sapiens, not primates"

Try writing in complete sentences. I can't make heads or tails of the above quote. Humans (Homo sapiens) are primates. How can they "not" be primates?

"But, please, feel free to tell me again how much you know from me not reading the paper"

You have demonstrated such stupidity that it seems very improbable that you just happened to go to your local library and pull a scientific journal off the shelf--one that only a very small percentage of libraries carry. BTW, the above quote is another nearly incoherent sentence.

Scientists have known for decades that Homo sapiens overlapped in time with neanderthals.

The early evolution of humans occurred in Africa, not Europe or Asia. The article in question is about interbreeding between Neanderthals and denisovans and possibly Homo sapiens in Eurasia. This is considered recent.

Last edited:
I actually read the original article before this thread was posted, thanks for trying to clear up the idiocy.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nature12788.html

Hominin DNA baffles experts : Nature News & Comment

My suggestion to you, and everyone else, is to stop getting science news from reporters and get it from the source. This raises a lot more questions than it answers. Pretending that you understand how it all fits into current theories just proves that you aren't any smarter than the reporters.

I can take a bunch of abuse pal.. But when you start comparing me to a reporter --- then we have a problem.. :cool:

Thanks for the articles..

I should have been clearer, the people I am comparing to the reporters are the idiots that think a guy with a journalism degree, and no science training, are qualified to explain science.

LOL. 'Lord' Monkton!

I can take a bunch of abuse pal.. But when you start comparing me to a reporter --- then we have a problem.. :cool:

Thanks for the articles..

I should have been clearer, the people I am comparing to the reporters are the idiots that think a guy with a journalism degree, and no science training, are qualified to explain science.

LOL. 'Lord' Monkton!

Have I quoted him somewhere?

Didn't think so.

LOL. 'Lord' Monkton!

Have I quoted him somewhere?

Didn't think so.

And it gets even funnier. 'Lord' Monkton has a degree in journalism and nothing else, yet the denialists quote him as if his degree were the atmospheric physics.

The point is that you pointed out that people with only a degree in journalism are not qualified to write opionion peices on science. And one of the people that the deniers constantly quote is just such a person. With all the failings we saw in this article by a journalist who did not at all understand the implications of the new findings.

The point is that you pointed out that people with only a degree in journalism are not qualified to write opionion peices on science. And one of the people that the deniers constantly quote is just such a person. With all the failings we saw in this article by a journalist who did not at all understand the implications of the new findings.

I am not a denier, and I never quote him. That makes your point rather stupid, doesn't it?

Scopes Monkey Trial IS a book, moron. Looking down your nose makes you cross eyed.

The Scopes Monkey Trial was a trial.
Well duh...Were you there? Probably not. Me neither. So how did you learn about it? I read about it.....in a book. Hard to read when you're cross eyed, huh.

I never claimed I was there, did I?

Lets get back to my original question, do you honestly think that Robert Bakker, the paleontologist who helped prove that dinosaurs were warm blooded and got a mention in a popular film as a result, believes that Jesus wants to shoot Darwin?

The Scopes Monkey Trial was a trial.
Well duh...Were you there? Probably not. Me neither. So how did you learn about it? I read about it.....in a book. Hard to read when you're cross eyed, huh.

Lets get back to my original question, do you honestly think that Robert Bakker, the paleontologist who helped prove that dinosaurs were warm blooded and got a mention in a popular film as a result, believes that Jesus wants to shoot Darwin?
Why would you think Jesus wants to shoot anyone? When was that ever your "original" question? What does it matter whether dino's were warm or cold blooded? Your childish insults have already proven that you're not as smart as you think you are, so it's really a waste of my time to discuss irrelevant b.s. with you. When you grow up, we'll talk.

Why would you think Jesus wants to shoot anyone? When was that ever your "original" question? What does it matter whether dino's were warm or cold blooded? Your childish insults have already proven that you're not as smart as you think you are, so it's really a waste of my time to discuss irrelevant b.s. with you. When you grow up, we'll talk.

Go read the thread, you are the idiot that pretended you were smart when I challenged the video.

and is not an accurate representation of the religious view.
Eh, it's actually hitting the nail on the head. Did you watch this perfect example of the Christian view?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs6H5nNZb1M]Ultimate Argument for Evolution, Clip from the movie Paul (2011) - YouTube[/ame]
I didn't read the OP. When There are already 3 or 4 pages on a thread, I go to the last page and give my opinion on the title of the thread. I showed the video to illustrate the typical view of "so called" christians. And you have confirmed the view. Just like the girl in the video, you spew bullshit.

Forum List

Back