Early Childhood Education

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
The majority of healthcare professionals are against not early childhood education in and of itself, but against early childhood education facilities and daycare places, because at an age that is younger than 5 or 6, the child's brain isn't developed enough to be away from his parents at all whatsoever, ever.

The child needs those years to create a loving and trusting bond with their parents, and gain their most essential identities about who they are and who they belong to.

During this time in their lives, they don't need to learn the alphabet, or their numbers, what they need to learn is what their name is, who their parents are, what their culture most generally is, what group they belong to, and learn to speak the language that they will learn in school when the time comes, and so on and so forth.

Those facilities take children who are much too young to be away from his mom and dad, and put them into a situation where its first come, first serve, where they don't receive the attention that they need, where they don't receive real, true parental type love, where they are just a name and a number, with somebody to supervise them in pretty much the same way as a teacher supervises a classroom.

Studies also show that by the 3rd grade, there is no educational difference between a child who inappropriately attended one of those facilities, and who didn't, and by the 8th grade, those who stayed with their mom and dad between birth and age 5 or 6, have a greater education, are less violent, and more well behaved.

I was told this by numerous pediatricians.

Didn't take long for this thread to degrade into name calling and vulgarity ... is this a new record?

I have to admit I had never heard the hypothesis presented by the OP. Like most, I thought early education was a good thing.

Come to find out, there is a definite portion of the academic community who disagree. They believe that trying to teach children something they aren't ready to absorb actually curtails their learning later. They develop feelings of failure, etc. Teaching a 5 year old algebraic relationships, for example, would only frustrate the average 5 year old.

I'm not sure which is right ...

Much Too Early - Education Next Education Next
How important is preschool If you are researching early education philosophies not very.

There are many studies that agree with the OP all you have to do is look for them, or at least provide one that disagrees.Of course the left is fully aware of the ramifications of taking children away too early, their intent is to bond them to the state, not their families.

I know quite a few of the women who work in EEC. Got news for the OP.

IF it weren't for these women and the love and care they give these children for the first 6 years of their lives, most wouldn't be able to pass that test the "Pediatricians" the OP knows are talking about.

A lot of These kids have "Parents" who are wearing pajamas, are already or still drunk or high, or more concerned about getting their weave and nails done then they are about their children when they drop them off in the morning.

I know quite a few of the women who work in EEC. Got news for the OP.

IF it weren't for these women and the love and care they give these children for the first 6 years of their lives, most wouldn't be able to pass that test the "Pediatricians" the OP knows are talking about.

A lot of These kids have "Parents" who are wearing pajamas, are already or still drunk or high, or more concerned about getting their weave and nails done then they are about their children when they drop them off in the morning.

You're stereotyping and badly too.

The fact is, children are far better off spending those critical years at home under the personal care of their mother. Institutionalizing them in daycare of "preschool" (it's daycare) is cruel and not in their best interest. Hired help cannot love a child like its mother, cannot give it the nurturing personal attention its mother can, and will not care when the child learns a new word or masters a difficult challenge.

The hypocrisy is with those mothers who have children but refuse to raise them. It's like having a car you don't drive. Children are not accessories and cannot be fit into a busy schedule by women who want to selfishly pursue their career unfettered by the inconvenience of the children they decided to have. It's very simple. If you aren't going to raise your children, don't have them. You can't "have it all".

During this time in their lives, they don't need to learn the alphabet, or their numbers, what they need to learn is what their name is, who their parents are, what their culture most generally is, what group they belong to, and learn to speak the language that they will learn in school when the time comes, and so on and so forth.....

If a child doesn't know the alphabet, numbers, and have at least some basic reading skills by the age of 5, they are starting out behind. Many are capable of catching up, but they are still starting out behind. What a great way to start out. As far as language goes, interaction with a variety of people, including adults, only enhances the acquisition process.

It should be noted that a few hours a day 3 - 5 days a week in a structured learning environment will not erase any family bonds the child has formed, any more than it could take the place of bonds that should be formed but haven't.

Forum List

Back