Earliest school snow closing on record in Idaho

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
Oh the HUMANITY!

When will the USA step up the plate and singlehandedly end the threat of man-made global warming?

Wood River Valley News

Some Idaho school kids enjoy an early snow day

11:52 AM MDT on Wednesday, October 7, 2009

BELLEVUE -- Just one week ago, we were bracing for a "cool down" from the 80s to the 60s.

Now, it's getting downright wintry. And in some parts of our viewing area, snow is piling up.

This may be one for the record books, not only how early this heavy fall snowstorm is, but the fact that it appears to have created the earliest snow day in the history of the Blaine County School District.

“We got dumped on last night, you can see that by looking around here. We weren't quite ready for it. It did cause us some issues in the school district," Lonnie Barber, Blaine County Superintendent.
Some Idaho school kids enjoy an early snow day | KTVB.COM | Wood River Valley, Sun Valley, Ketchum, Hailey news & weather

The article went on to describe lots of heavy snow on trees still bearing many leaves coming down on power lines.

We are getting more and more of these anomolous "signs," but the algorian global doomsayers are going to tell us that this is just a manifestation of the paradoxical effect of global warming. :cuckoo:

"The sun so hot I froze to death." O Susannah.

I passed through Ketchum in the middle of winter. The place is a cold as a stoopidcon's heart.

sun valley doesn't have a ski resort for nothing. And it might be the earliest snow day and but snow is common this time of year up there.

sun valley doesn't have a ski resort for nothing. And it might be the earliest snow day and but snow is common this time of year up there.

The point, of course, was not that it snowed even in early October in an area where early snows are not uncommon.

The point was that even by THEIR standards it was a LOT of snow.

And, as I noted before, there are more and more of these anomolies getting reported.

Some people see the many signs before their very eyes and pretend that there's nothing to see or even think about. We call these unthinking people "liberals."

Last edited:

The point, of course, was not that it snowed even in early October in an area where early snows are not uncommon.

And, as I noted before, there are more and more of these anoloies getting reported.

Some people see the many signs before their very eyes and pretend that there's nothing to see or even think about. We call these unthinking people "liberals."
check back to around 1969 in that region or even about ten years ago.

on a side note, if I had waited five minutes to go to the car the last time I was in sun valley I would have seen arnold.:razz:

and check out my avatar lia, we got record snow last year here so don't tell me I need to open up my eyes.

:thup:

SnowDay.jpg

And, as I noted before, there are more and more of these anoloies getting reported.

and by the way, you might want to ask me my views on global warming before you start making assumptions.:eusa_shhh:

More might be "reported" only on Wing-Nut media even though fewer and fewer can be found GLOBALLY. Gee, there's an awful lot of RED and very little blue. :rofl:
get-file.php

and check out my avatar lia, we got record snow last year here so don't tell me I need to open up my eyes.

I don't recall telling you that you need to open your eyes, lui, though I think you might need to open your eyes.

I did note, however, that the school closing this early was a record. And I did note that there have been numerous other "signs" of late -- which guys like algore will ignore or dismiss in some fantastical way.

Last edited:
How dare your question global warming you hard right radical conservative palin cock sucking kooks.

You want all the children of the world to die under the hot sun?

For gods sake get a brain.

:)

I don't recall telling you that you need to open your eyes, lui, though I think you might need to open your eyes.

I did note, however, that the school closing this early was a record. And I did note that there have been numerous other "signs" of late -- which guys like algore will ignore or dismiss in some fatnastical way.

I believe he goes by 'the algorical' these days.

I am no problem with lia questioning global warming, I question the whole thing myself. My problem is that he sounds like Chris and is talking about a region that is accustomed to having a lot of snow and getting that snow in october therefore it does not prove anything.

Record-breaking heat today, no break 'til next week in Palm Beach County, Treasure Coast
By SONJA ISGER

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

The heat and humidity will combine again today to make it feel like 105 degrees in the peak of the day in Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast.

Records throughout the Treasure Coast and in West Palm Beach, where the record is 91 degrees, are expected to fall today, the National Weather Service predicts.

Record-breaking heat today, no break 'til next week in Palm Beach County, Treasure Coast

Forum List

Back