Eagles Want Farve to Un-Retire?

B. Kidd

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2010
Western Lands
Yes. There is a rumor swirling that the Eagles may want Farve to back up Vick after they trade Kolb.
I say bring him in as an assistant quarterback coach.......but not as a player.

After watching Farve play in Minnesota last season, I think Farve should stay retired.
Minnesota had a very good offensive line, but the line couldn't hold the opposing defense forever, which it was asked to do because of Farve's lack of mobility. This caused many a sack or a rushed pass that was wildy incomplete or worse yet, was intercepted.

Could the lack of response in this thread mean that the folks are sick and tired of Brett Farve? They're done. He's done. Stick a fork in him.

I'd take Favre as our back up any day of the week, if it meant we could get someone good for Kolb.

Favre is "old" news, who cares? As masquerade said, stick a fork in him... I'm far more concerned about Desean Jackson's status!

The scariest thing about signing Jackson is his agent. The Eagles have a long and checkered history with Drew Rosenhaus, the man who represented Terrell Owens(notes) during his 2005 contract dispute. Jackson isn't Owens, but the prospect of dealing with Rosenhaus isn't going to be appealing. The Eagles have to put that aside though. They shouldn't play around with Jackson. A holdout from camp won't do anyone any favors. There is no reason that has to happen. He is a perfect fit and the Eagles know it. If they let him hold out, it is for no reason other than to flex some muscle. Hopefully, the Eagles will do everyone a favor and get this deal done. The skill positions are going to be a huge asset for the Eagles. But if they don't take care of this situation, things could turn bad fast

Philadelphia Eagles might face DeSean Jackson holdout: Fan's take - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

God Damn, Drew Rosenhaus!?!? Apparently Jackson is no fool...

They might get a 2nd round pick for Kolb. Farve???? Could be good for a game or two but if Vick went down for more than that, which is possible they would be in trouble. It is better to have a young guy in there and have him learn and be ready, that way you have a future. Look at what Belicheck does in New England.

But the big thing this year is getting free agents and draft picks signed up and in camp. I bet there will be a lot of draft picks that are not going to be in NFL shape when the season begins and half may not even be signed!

But the big thing this year is getting free agents and draft picks signed up and in camp. I bet there will be a lot of draft picks that are not going to be in NFL shape when the season begins and half may not even be signed!

Definetely going to be a chaotic start to this season... Should be pretty entertaining :D

Definetely going to be a chaotic start to this season... Should be pretty entertaining :D

Vegas line setters will be working overtime after the 1st weekend of the season. If you do your homework, juicy overlays should be abundant the initial 3 to 4 weeks!

Cromartie and a 2nd round for Kolb, plus Arizona is paying a fortune on his contract LOL!

I'm pretty sure we got the better end of the deal on that, but I guess time will tell. I think the kid could be good but he really hasn't proven anything yet.

And it looks like all but a done deal getting Vince Young to back up Vick.

Cromartie and a 2nd round for Kolb, plus Arizona is paying a fortune on his contract LOL!

I'm pretty sure we got the better end of the deal on that, but I guess time will tell. I think the kid could be good but he really hasn't proven anything yet.

:eusa_think:

Not sure how I feel about having a scrambling qb backing up a scrambling qb... On the positive, the O line really won't have to change gears if Vick got hurt. On the negative, it would do us no good having both qb's on injured list halfway through the season.
I will say though, I used to enjoy watching Young play for the longhorns(something I'd never admit to friends around Ok.)... Even when he was tromping my Sooners.

:eusa_think:

Not sure how I feel about having a scrambling qb backing up a scrambling qb... On the positive, the O line really won't have to change gears if Vick got hurt. On the negative, it would do us no good having both qb's on injured list halfway through the season.
I will say though, I used to enjoy watching Young play for the longhorns(something I'd never admit to friends around Ok.)... Even when he was tromping my Sooners.

Scrambling QB's are the only ones who have gotten us anywhere since Jaworski.

Forum List

Back