Eagles Joe Walsh backs opponent of Joe Walsh

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
:lol:

The Associated Press: Eagles' Joe Walsh backs opponent of Rep. Joe Walsh

CHICAGO (AP) — An Iraq war veteran from Illinois hoping to limit tea party-backed Republican Rep. Joe Walsh to a single term in Congress was endorsed Tuesday by none other than ... Joe Walsh.

Eagles guitarist Joe Walsh, that is.

The six-time Grammy-winning rocker said he's "the real Joe Walsh" and that he's proud to back Democrat Tammy Duckworth in her bid for the suburban Chicago congressional seat. The musician, who lived in Evanston for a few years as a child, will hold a fundraising concert for her in July, with tickets priced at $100 to $2,500.

The endorsement in one of the most closely-watched U.S. House races nationwide is a first for the Democratic musician. He held a concert for Bill Clinton's presidential campaign, but said he hasn't endorsed anyone else.

"I sincerely believe that she is the real thing," Walsh told The Associated Press. "I'm frustrated with Congress in that they're not getting very much done and I'm frustrated to the point where I think people should start paying attention to who's in Congress."

Duckworth, who was an Army helicopter pilot, lost her legs in a 2004 rocket-propelled grenade attack in Iraq. She later served in the Obama administration.

Walsh the musician said his endorsement has nothing to do with sharing the congressman's name. He said Duckworth's service record and sacrifices to the country show she's the best candidate for the job.

So - anybody can send money to any candidate, regardless of locale, right?

Joe Walsh, a democrat, oh no.
Next you'll say pedophile Don Henley is a liberal.....oh wait....he must have a gene that's big with 16 year old prostitutes!

But of course. And it's only the libs that do that, amirite?!
I dunno. But let's not deviate from the subject at hand.
And yes I mispelled you're. :)

To me it's just so sickly icky obvious when liberal entertainers do shit like this.

I've debated the real Joe Walsh on a couple of occasions. He's a good egg.

The Sears Joe Walsh? Never seen him in concert- unfortunately.

Last edited:
I like Life's Been Good, where he tells liberals all about his wealth, and liberals dont complain about a rich guy singing a song about it.

Forum List

Back