E85 Flex Fuel Scam

Gremlin-USA

<<< Me in 1970
May 20, 2010
Gremlinville, USA
The Government want us to think E85 fuel is beneficial.

Facts:

Emissions are only reduced by less than 1%
Fuel costs more per year to use
Fuel mileage suffers by more than 30% on the average

Even the Governments own websites proves E85 is a hoax.

Fuel Economy of New Flex-fuel Vehicles

Then add the fact that is we convert more Corn to make E85, prices of Food skyrocket

All these products will go up in price when Corn is used more and more for Fuel

Corn and corn based products come in many hidden forms

I wish I could get E85 in this area. The potential power available if running it in my wife's Grand National is a little scary!

The Government want us to think E85 fuel is beneficial.

Facts:

Emissions are only reduced by less than 1%
Fuel costs more per year to use
Fuel mileage suffers by more than 30% on the average

Even the Governments own websites proves E85 is a hoax.

Fuel Economy of New Flex-fuel Vehicles

Then add the fact that is we convert more Corn to make E85, prices of Food skyrocket

All these products will go up in price when Corn is used more and more for Fuel

Corn and corn based products come in many hidden forms

I agree. I think that ethanol was one of the worst ideas ever.

It might be salvageable, though;

Grass Makes Better Ethanol than Corn Does

Midwestern farms prove switchgrass could be the right crop for producing ethanol to replace gasoline

Jan 8, 2008 |By David Biello

Farmers in Nebraska and the Dakotas brought the U.S. closer to becoming a biofuel economy, planting huge tracts of land for the first time with switchgrass—a native North American perennial grass (Panicum virgatum) that often grows on the borders of cropland naturally—and proving that it can deliver more than five times more energy than it takes to grow it.

Working with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the farmers tracked the seed used to establish the plant, fertilizer used to boost its growth, fuel used to farm it, overall rainfall and the amount of grass ultimately harvested for five years on fields ranging from seven to 23 acres in size (three to nine hectares).

Once established, the fields yielded from 5.2 to 11.1 metric tons of grass bales per hectare, depending on rainfall, says USDA plant scientist Ken Vogel. "It fluctuates with the timing of the precipitation,'' he says. "Switchgrass needs most of its moisture in spring and midsummer. If you get fall rains, it's not going to do that year's crops much good,,,,."

Grass Makes Better Ethanol than Corn Does - Scientific American

Printing money to buy oil, fight oil wars & exporting jobs caused food prices to soar, not ethanol. Our food exports & prices soar when our dollar is devalued.

Corn price is falling as corn ethanol production increases. None of the corn protein is lost in ethanol production. Protein is what builds muscles (meat) in livestock. DDG feed from ethanol plants grows livestock healthier & faster than the corn did.

For proof that Ethanol lowers prices look at Gasoline vs Diesel prices. The price of Gasoline was allways higher than Diesel until Ethanol. Every year since Ethanol, Gasoline has become cheaper than Diesel. Gasoline price was always much higher than Diesel during the summer peak in July & Diesel would price would peak in January. Now Gasoline price has peaked for the year & it didn't exceed Diesel price. The price spread is going to get very big by New Years thanks to Ethanol competition forcing Gasoline prices lower.

It is a fact that Ethanol has been & is saving US drivers almost $1 a gallon at the pump.

According to data from 161 countries around the world, gasoline is more expensive than diesel fuel in 84% of all countries. On average, diesel is 10% cheaper but the difference varies considerably across countries as well as within countries over time. But since Ethanol production began in the USA, Gasoline prices have been pushed over 25% lower.

Ethanol competition is pressuring gasoline prices much lower. Plus ethanol&#8217;s higher octane content gives refiners the ability to produce cheaper low-octane gasoline and upgrade the octane level with ethanol. In early 2006, ethanol prices were about 80% of the price of gasoline. By early 2014, with the domestic ethanol market nearly saturated, ethanol prices at Iowa plants were about 58% of retail gasoline prices. That was even during a drought, just wait until this years record crop yield is harvested. Food, Ethanol & Gasoline prices are going to tank, while the Diesel price spread widens far out.

wisnerfigure5_8C5D6F1893852.jpg

Everyone who uses Gasoline should be down on their thanking the Ethanol industry for keeping prices from rising like Oil & Diesel.

Diesel_vs_Gasoline(2).jpg

Oil_vs_Gas.jpg

The survival of Ethanol as a subsidized motor fuel in the U.S. is a VALUABLE phenomenon.

It reminds us that once a government program is created, thousands of people will build their lives around it and no matter how STUPID it proves to be in the long run, IT WILL NEVER DIE!

It is one of hundreds of examples of the phenomenon, but we are reminded of it every time we fill up.

I see about a 10-15% difference in mpg versus 87 octane in real life. So the numbers seem off to me. No idea what the real cost of ethanol is, due to subsidies. You might end up being thankful genetically altered corn is not in your diet even more. It would be a better scam if the goevernment wasn't upping mpg standards which E85 doesn't support.

Energy Bill of 2005 created the mandatory use of ethanol in gasoline mix...then grain feed went up, followed by beef prices...

The second lesson of ethanol is this: We will never run out of oil. Never. When the price of oil gets high enough the industry will look harder to find it (mainly by developing better search technology), and the supply will go up again, price retreats.

Never run out. Never.

Forum List

Back