E-Verify

Hopefully both of you will get this....E-Verify doesnt work here because no one uses it.

Get it?

No, illegals are cheating it, get it ? .........

Didn't we just see a report commissioned by the Government showing that it doesn't work?

That ariticle proves there are a few that can get fake id's. They knew this when they passed that law. Not enough businesses are using it.

zona....fail

this bill also goes after the employers, just like the fed bill....in fact it seeks to enforce it

No dumb ass, E-Verify was specifically designed to not allow anyone not a citizen to work here.

This bill will bust you if you pick up a day laborer in front of Home Depot.

Do you even know what E-Verify is?

And who and how will you enforce the law if the cops are not allowed to ask for ID's....???
Thats what the whole uproar is about now....cops checking IDs...
You are partially correct. If you are a American citizen who is hispanic, you will be asked to prove you are a citizen in your own country.

I don't think you really get this. This is gestapo crap. Paperz please. Did you know a license isn't good enough. Neither is my military id.

This will never see the light though. The suits that will happen will break this state and if what I see happening comes to fruition, this will be like when they tried to not celebrate MLK day here.

More popcorn please.

Last edited:
No dumb ass, E-Verify was specifically designed to not allow anyone not a citizen to work here.

And who and how will you enforce the law if the cops are not allowed to ask for ID's....???
Thats what the whole uproar is about now....cops checking IDs...
You are partially correct. If you are a American citizen who is hispanic, you will be asked to prove you are a citizen in your own country.

I don't think you really get this. This is gestapo crap. Paperz please. Did you know a license isn't good enough. Neither is my military id.

This will never see the light though. The suits that will happen will break this state and if what I see happening comes to fruition, this will be like when they tried to not celebrate MLK day here.

More popcorn please.

30 % of your state is Hispanic. I'm certain a good portion of the Police are also. there won't be as much racial profiling as you think.

and who and how will you enforce the law if the cops are not allowed to ask for id's....???
Thats what the whole uproar is about now....cops checking ids...
you are partially correct. If you are a american citizen who is hispanic, you will be asked to prove you are a citizen in your own country.

This will never see the light though. The suits that will happen will break this state and if what i see happening comes to fruition, this will be like when they tried to not celebrate mlk day here.

More popcorn please.

30 % of your state is hispanic. I'm certain a good portion of the police are also. There won't be as much racial profiling as you think.

they will be sued if they dont comply with this new law! Still say there wont be any racial profiling. By the way, this law is the definition of racial profiling.

Last edited:
you are partially correct. If you are a american citizen who is hispanic, you will be asked to prove you are a citizen in your own country.

This will never see the light though. The suits that will happen will break this state and if what i see happening comes to fruition, this will be like when they tried to not celebrate mlk day here.

More popcorn please.

30 % of your state is hispanic. I'm certain a good portion of the police are also. There won't be as much racial profiling as you think.

they will be sued if they dont comply with this new law! Still say there wont be any racial profiling. By the way, this law is the definition of racial profiling.

And they will comply with it. You simply want to make it sound like it is a racial thing when it isn't.

zona....fail

this bill also goes after the employers, just like the fed bill....in fact it seeks to enforce it

no dumbass...what i said is right, you're just ignorant

And they will comply with it. You simply want to make it sound like it is a racial thing when it isn't.

This thing is about stopping everyone brown and asking for papersz. If they dont, they can be sued yet you are saying its not about stopping everyone brown and asking for paperz.

Wow. How does one respond to this?

This thing is about stopping everyone brown and asking for papersz. If they dont, they can be sued yet you are saying its not about stopping everyone brown and asking for paperz.

Learn to read and comprehend. It might help.

Requires a reasonable attempt to be made to determine the immigration status of a person during any legitimate contact made by an official or agency of the state or a county, city, town or political subdivision (political subdivision) if reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the U.S.

Requires the person’s immigration status to be verified with the federal government pursuant to federal law.

Just a few words..........Don't mean much I guess.......

Requires a reasonable attempt to be made to determine the immigration status of a person during any legitimate contact made by an official or agency of the state or a county, city, town or political subdivision (political subdivision) if reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the U.S.

Requires the person’s immigration status to be verified with the federal government pursuant to federal law.

You learn to understand. What is considered to be reasonable suspicion while being brown?

I really do want you and your wife to move here. I cant wait to see your thoughts on this after she is stopped for no other reason other than being hispanic. You will change your thoughts quickly.

You learn to understand. What is considered to be reasonable suspicion while being brown?

I really do want you and your wife to move here. I cant wait to see your thoughts on this after she is stopped for no other reason other than being hispanic. You will change your thoughts quickly.

And if she would be stopped she would show her ID and the police officer would smile and tell her to have a good day. Except we don't do things that attract the attention of police. So even that wouldn't happen.

Hey zona, i found an article from 2007 that offers a little information as to why the e verify law was not enforced in AZ to the extent it should have been.

It appears that there were admitted problems with the accuracy of the verification process in the beginning. Supposedly these have been fixed. (in the article)

In addition, it seems that the bill was seen as a partisan fight, with the 'r's supporting and the 'd's opposing it. Our ex-governor, janet the dunce, actually encouraged 'non-enforcement' by making statements opposing e verify.

I offer the above comments based on facts gained from this article and the links supplied on the right side of the article as proof positive that there is nothing to be gained by partisan politics.

Sanctions law begins Tuesday
from that link;
"The sanctions law has survived two court challenges so far. On Dec. 7, U.S. District Court Judge Neil Wake tossed out the first lawsuit on a technicality. A hearing on the merits of the second lawsuit by business groups that claim the sanctions law is unconstitutional is scheduled for Jan. 16 in U.S. District Court, and a ruling from that hearing is expected by the end of January.

Many employers have been waiting to see whether the sanctions law survives legal challenges before signing up out of fear that E-Verify will be costly to use, onerous and error-prone, say business groups and lawyers. "

IMO he's saying businesses aren't using e verify so they can get "cheap labor" .......

Well he is, and it is true as far as i know. These businesses have to compete with others that are doing it, so it seems more a failure of enforcement than a 'bad' business.

Cheating the system by the methods you mentioned in a previous post also is a problem. I would say that if an employer gets fake id and knows it, the penalty should be greater.

Businesses in Arizona are skipping out on verifying citizenship so they can get cheap labor. In some cases, not all, they have to in order to be able to compete with other businesses. Then there are some that have done it for years and will likely continue to do it until the penalties get too great.

I agree. So it comes down to this state not pushing a LAW. Like I said, America really doesn't want to get rid of illegals here, we make too much money on them.

Demonizing businesses?, I am saying they should be penalized, perhaps jailed if they hire them....they are the cause of the incentives for them coming here. Imagine if a couple ceo's went to jail. The businesses would go under, eventually this state would be a nightmare to live in and eventually everything would cost a lot more. This is why I am saying we don't really want the illegals to not be here. We like the cheap labor on one side of our mouth, on the other we like to scream about them damn illegals.

Ironically, this state is causing this by not complying with a law that is on the books.

Why is this?

You might want to check your facts on e-verify. E-verify at the federal level is only mandatory for businesses receiving federal contracts.

Did you know, Mr. Bush passed a law that states we in Arizona have to enforce this LAW here and since 2008, 6% of businesses actually use it?

Someone said, in Arizona, they were fed up with Washington not doing anything about illegal immigration, but they seemed to forget about that LAW THAT IS ON THE BOOKS that would make it so employers verified citizenship of the workers they are trying to hire.

If they enforced that law, that would greatly reduce the number of illegals working here.

Why not go after the business owners, not the guy in front of Home depot.

VERY true. Here is what I want our immigration laws to do:
(1) Secure the border (North and South) and ports
(2) Promote employment, rental and public assistance benefits. E-verify is a GREAT program. Employer fines, miscelleous whistle-blower protections and hotlines and possible criminal charges for HR associates would help!
(3) Promote going after dangerous and "criminal" illegals. The gang-bangers, drug-deals, terrorist, con-men and violent illegals is who I want to see persued!

Well he is, and it is true as far as i know. These businesses have to compete with others that are doing it, so it seems more a failure of enforcement than a 'bad' business.

Cheating the system by the methods you mentioned in a previous post also is a problem. I would say that if an employer gets fake id and knows it, the penalty should be greater.

Businesses in Arizona are skipping out on verifying citizenship so they can get cheap labor. In some cases, not all, they have to in order to be able to compete with other businesses. Then there are some that have done it for years and will likely continue to do it until the penalties get too great.

I agree. So it comes down to this state not pushing a LAW. Like I said, America really doesn't want to get rid of illegals here, we make too much money on them.

Demonizing businesses?, I am saying they should be penalized, perhaps jailed if they hire them....they are the cause of the incentives for them coming here. Imagine if a couple ceo's went to jail. The businesses would go under, eventually this state would be a nightmare to live in and eventually everything would cost a lot more. This is why I am saying we don't really want the illegals to not be here. We like the cheap labor on one side of our mouth, on the other we like to scream about them damn illegals.

Ironically, this state is causing this by not complying with a law that is on the books.

Why is this?

You might want to check your facts on e-verify. E-verify at the federal level is only mandatory for businesses receiving federal contracts.

Zona has his facts straight. AZ passed a law in 2006 that was supposed to make it mandatory for all AZ employers to use it. It was challenged in court and was supposed to take effect in 2007. Our ex-governor, janet the dunce, made a statement shortly after it became the law that she would not support enforcing it, and that she would instruct the exectutive branch not to enforce it. Therefore, it was never enforced, even though it was adopted as a AZ state law.

Forum List

Back