E.T.

Snouter

Can You Smell Me
Aug 3, 2013
Jewish director Steve Speelberg directed this. I actually found it very difficult to watch more than 20 seconds at a time. It consisted of goofy closeups and silly angles very much like another horribly, boring and stupid movie, Poltergeist. Cute story that someone wrote for the jewish director about an alien who was left behind and wanted to get back home. The camera angles, poor dialog, and awkward edits were so bad it was almost unwatchable. In fact I did not watch it although checked it out with 15 minutes to go. :p The cheesy music was typical Hollywood cheesy music, but basically carried the movie at the end to offset the closeups of the children's nostrils.

Wow, you must have been in real Hell watching "Hook".

:laugh:

"E.T." was a great boy and his dog movie, well-executed.

Jewish director Steve Speelberg directed this. I actually found it very difficult to watch more than 20 seconds at a time. It consisted of goofy closeups and silly angles very much like another horribly, boring and stupid movie, Poltergeist. Cute story that someone wrote for the jewish director about an alien who was left behind and wanted to get back home. The camera angles, poor dialog, and awkward edits were so bad it was almost unwatchable. In fact I did not watch it although checked it out with 15 minutes to go. :p The cheesy music was typical Hollywood cheesy music, but basically carried the movie at the end to offset the closeups of the children's nostrils.
I took my son and a half dozen friends to see E.T. at the theater for his birthday. What a hoot. There I was in the peanut gallery, front row, with a bunch of six and seven year old boys, crying my eyes out and they were all trying to be "manly" and hide that they were crying too.
Spielberg knows how to weave innocence with reality and he's done it in movie after movie. He's magic.

A timely review of E.T.?

Thank you Rip Van Winkle.

I went to see ET in the theatre in 81 or whenever and it was sold out. It was 20+ years before I got around to watching it on tv.

I was at the preview two weeks before it opened. 4000 people showed up for 300 + seats. There were lines around the block for three weeks.

Oh it was for sure unwatchable.Most boring overrated movie ever. Poltergiest was 5 times better and much more watchable.Speilberg was just doing a rehash of close encounters of the third kind.It was no different other than being family friendly.

I honestly believe there was a major major miscount at the box office in its earnings.I dont believe for a second it ever made as much money as they said it did OR that it topped star wars at the time as they said either.

The proof that there was a miscount is that when star wars got rereleased 20 years later,it was a major box office success when it was in the theaters,would have done even better had Empire-"the only other good star wars move made." not also not been rereleased three weeks later. ET however when it got rereleased for its 20th anniversary,it bombed so come on,they so much miscounted by such a large margin.If it was so popular as they said it was back then and made all that money,it would have been a huge hit for its rerelease as well.

I went to see ET in the theatre in 81 or whenever and it was sold out. It was 20+ years before I got around to watching it on tv.

I was at the preview two weeks before it opened. 4000 people showed up for 300 + seats. There were lines around the block for three weeks.

I can't believe I ever went to movies with people there in the audience in the first place. Ugh.

I can't believe I ever went to movies with people there in the audience in the first place. Ugh.

There have been studies detailing the surprising amount of fecal matter trapped in those seats ...

Forum List

Back