E-mail speeding ticket virus

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Beware of the e-mail virus in disguise of Speeding Tickets

New York State Troopers warn citizens to delete any speeding ticket through e-mail to prevent their systems from getting infected.

Hoax calls are history now. With the world communicating more and more through the computer than anything else, Hoax mails are gaining momentum. You can fall prey to such hoax e-mails that circulate in various forms and types. As soon as you open one such e-mail, the security of your computer gets compromised. No matter how tech savvy you are; such mails can target you as a prospective prey easily. Recently, such an e-mail managed to raise an alarm all around the New York City.

If State Police efforts need to taken seriously, then there is enough reason to be careful with all the mails that hit our inbox. The New York State troopers have suggested you to delete any e-mail that promises to deliver Speeding Ticket. The victims are commonly targeted through the Yahoo e-mail accounts. The mail comes in a Zipped folder pretending to be a Uniform Traffic Ticket issued by the New York Department of Motor Vehicles

Email virus circulating in disguise of Speeding tickets

I recently received one in my Yahoo email account. It was for speeding in NY. Haven't been there in a while, so it was fishy to me.

But, the Yahoo filter put it in my spam folder, anyway. I often don't look at much in there, but this one stood out, because, well, I'm not all that good of a driver.

Forum List

Back