E-Mail from David Friend, CEO of Carbonite

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
I received this e-mail from the CEO of Carbonite today after I sent an e-mail to him protesting Rush Limbaugh's attack last week:

I have received so many emails concerning Rush Limbaugh that I can’t possibly respond to each one of you individually, but I appreciate your many heartfelt and eloquent comments

On Saturday night I issued the following statement:

Statement from David Friend, CEO of Carbonite

“No one with daughters the age of Sandra Fluke -- and I have two -- could possibly abide the insult and abuse heaped upon this courageous and well-intentioned young lady. Mr. Limbaugh, with his highly personal attacks on Miss Fluke, overstepped any reasonable bounds of decency. Even though Mr. Limbaugh has now issued an apology, we have nonetheless decided to withdraw our advertising from his show. We hope that our action, along with the other advertisers who have also withdrawn their ads, will ultimately contribute to a more civilized public discourse.”

To our customers among you, I thank you for your continued support. We would really appreciate anything you can do to help us get the Carbonite word out there. If you have friends whose computers are not backed up, please tell them about Carbonite. There’s always a free trial at Online Backup. Please suggest that they take advantage of my temporary Offer Code “DAVID” to obtain two months free when they sign up for a subscription as my way of saying thanks.

Warm regards,
Dave

Last edited:
Major corporation taking advantage of a crisis to make money. Classic..... and I bet the idiots fall for it.

My email to David Friend:

I was impressed by what seemed to be a principled and fatherly statement regarding the withdrawal of your support from Rush Limbaugh's show.

I was impressed up until I learned how much other uncivil language and behavior you and your company fund, including Ed Schultz.

You had a conservative fan up until I learned how convenient your principles are.

Carbonite sucks. I tried their software. Crashed my system.
Customer service? Some towel-head in India.
He and his product can burn in hell.

Forum List

Back