Dyeing My Dog

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
My Dog is White, and on the way to the groomer's yesterday, we (yes, me and the dog) discussed the possibility that he may like to be dyed green this year as part of St. Patrick's Day Festivities.

He seemed ambivalent, but I'm certain he wouldn't mind.

At any rate, it gave me a subject to discuss with hawt-chick groomers, who, despite their own wide variety of piercings and tattoos, solomnly warned me (in hushed tones) that I was suggesting ..........something, that was......ILLEGAL!!!!:eek:

WTF? I asked them if they were kidding?

Nope. They claimed that Boulder City Ordinance specifically prohibited the dyeing of Chickens and Rabbits, and all animals in general.

Then I noticed that one particularly pierced pixie was beconning me into the Kibbles Isle. Nervously glancing toward the window (before the Boulder Cops could catch us?), she whispered that if I was really interested, she "knew a friend" that would do the deed using Green, Sugar Free Coolaid. She then emphasised the need for a SUGAR FREE product.

I wondered what had happened to the Sugar Coated Dog, but she hurried away before I could ask.

Has anyone had simliar issues?:confused:

I have never had my dogs dyed but I've heard that others that had regretted it. They had white carpet, and light colored furniture. Yep it bled all over the place.

I've heard it was illegal because some just don't take the concern of animals in doing so. Some ruined it for all by using bleach and other very harmful chemicals to dye their pet. This is why the law was created.

it is also to prevent people from injecting dye into chicken eggs (which CAN be harmful) and selling the colored chicks or coloring baby rabbits to sell for Easter.

Lol!

dyed-poodle-1.jpg

dyed_poodle-200x300.jpg

3588537282_eb9ea6335f.jpg

Dyeing dogs is a time-honored tradition!

it is also to prevent people from injecting dye into chicken eggs (which CAN be harmful) and selling the colored chicks or coloring baby rabbits to sell for Easter.

Yes this is what I've read.

I agree that we shouldn't harm animals, but if someone is creating a Blue Bunny, or a Red Chicken, I don't see the harm.

The Law seems Draconian once the animal is colored, and The Dye Has Been Cast.

Don't dye the dog, dye yourself or just your hair. Have the hot chick do it for you if that's your reason for suggesting it..

I'm just sayin.

1. Mix some food colouring with water. Make it a little darker then the colour your want your dog's fur to be.

2. Put it in a spray bottle or a bath, depending on the size of your dog.

3. Spray/bathe your dog thoroughly. Make sure all of the dog's fur is covered.

4. Comb through the dog's fur to make sure it doesn't get tangled.

5. Bring your dog over to some newspaper, where s/he dries off

I wonder what if the dog shakes food coloring all over you while you're trying to dye him?

It would be difficult going into a business presentation with little green dots of food coloring all over your face.

1. Mix some food colouring with water. Make it a little darker then the colour your want your dog's fur to be.

2. Put it in a spray bottle or a bath, depending on the size of your dog.

3. Spray/bathe your dog thoroughly. Make sure all of the dog's fur is covered.

4. Comb through the dog's fur to make sure it doesn't get tangled.

5. Bring your dog over to some newspaper, where s/he dries off

I wonder what if the dog shakes food coloring all over you while you're trying to dye him?

It would be difficult going into a business presentation with little green dots of food coloring all over your face.

groomer's secret...hold the dogs head...a dog wont shake if it cant shake its head....

even if it dries it will rub off when that dog sits, lays or rubs itself on furniture or carpet. Not all but enough to piss you off.

Forum List

Back