Duterte reportedly orders cops to kill son if drug smuggling 'rumors' are true

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This guy is an animal. Notice the key sentence here, "police could kill any of his children if it is proven they are involved in drugs." How is this proof to be provided? By a court of law? The same court of law this cowardly fascist denies all of he people he has assassinated?

Nothing riles me more than bullies and cowards. One and the same. This guy is as bad as any leader on this planet.

Duterte reportedly orders cops to kill son if drug smuggling 'rumors' are true

Rodrigo Duterte, the Philippine president notorious for his strict drug policy, reportedly said in a speech Wednesday that police could kill any of his children if it is proven they are involved in drugs.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported that Duterte said he warned his 42-year-old son about his stance.

“My orders are to kill you if you are caught, and I will protect the police who kill you,” he reportedly said. His son Paolo was reportedly accused of having a role in an organized crime syndicate, a charge he denies.

Duterte reportedly wanted to make clear to his countrymen that his family is not above the law.

“That’s better ... so I can say to the people: ‘There, you keep talking. That’s my son’s corpse,' he said.

Meanwhile, thousands of protesters marked the anniversary of the 1972 martial law declaration by late Philippine dictator Ferdinand Marcos with an outcry against what they say is the current president's authoritarian tendencies and his brutal crackdown on illegal drugs.

Hundreds of riot police deployed to secure the marches and rallies, which are expected to be among the largest against Duterte since he took office last year.

Pro-Duterte followers also staged rallies in Manila and police say they would guard against possible confrontations.

Duterte has warned he would use force or expand nationwide his martial law declaration in the country's south if anti-government protesters threaten public order. He placed the entire southern third of the largely Roman Catholic nation under martial law in May to deal with a bloody siege by pro-Islamic State group militants in southern Marawi city that has dragged on for nearly four months.

Marcos' martial law era, which ended in 1981, had been marked by massive human rights violations and muzzling of civil liberties.

According to left-wing group Karapatan, "Duterte and his security cluster have utilized narratives and tactics straight out of Marcos's playbook of repression, repeating and justifying rights violations, with increasing frequency and intensity.

Known for bombastic remarks, Duterte has said activists can stage street protests without government permits, and that even communist guerrillas can join as long as they don't bring their guns. He said he was also ready to turn in his resignation to Congress anytime if the military agrees.

He warned protesters not to break the law. "I will not hesitate to use force even if it would mean my downfall as president of this country, remember that," Duterte said Friday on state TV.

Duterte enjoys tremendous support in war on drugs...
thumbsup.gif

Over 78 percent Filipinos support Duterte’s bloody drug war
Saturday 23rd September, 2017 - Despite thousands of people losing their lives in Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte’s drug war over the last year - a recent poll has revealed the tremendous support he has in the country.
A Pew Research Center poll has found more than three-quarters of Filipinos support Duterte’s drug war, despite thousands of deaths and the international condemnation over alleged rights abuses. It said that some 78 percent of Filipinos approve of Duterte’s handling of the illegal drugs issue, with 62 percent believing the government’s campaign was making progress. According to Pew’s face-to-face surveys of 1,000 adults, the president also remains extremely popular a year after his election, with 86 percent saying they had a favorable view of him. The poll, conducted between February 26 and May 8, had a margin of error of 4.3 percent.

It however, predates some recent controversies over Duterte’s administration, including his declaration of martial law on the southern island of Mindanao and drug-smuggling accusations against his son. The Pew survey has also found that 78 percent of Filipinos believed that the current economic situation was good. About 57 said they were satisfied with the direction of the country. The numbers were reportedly a 21 percentage-point increase from the last time Pew asked the question in 2014. Further, some 78 percent surveyed have a positive view of the U.S., compared with 92 percent who expressed such sentiments two years ago.

cus1506162177.jpg

Meanwhile, 55 percent Filipinos held a positive view of China, one percentage point higher. Filipinos have expressed less confidence in current President Donald Trump than Obama with some 69 percent of those surveyed saying they trusted Trump “to do the right thing in world affairs,” compared with 94 percent who expressed such confidence in Obama in 2015. On Thursday, thousands took to the streets in the capital Manila and Quezon city to mark the anniversary of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos’s martial law declaration 45 years ago. Meanwhile, Duterte’s spokesman Ernesto Abella reiterated the president had no plan to expand military rule beyond Mindanao, where the government battled Islamist militants.

Referring to Marcos’s decade-long martial rule, Duterte said, the state “recognizes the fear and indignation of the people against a repetition and perpetuation of such human rights violations.” Since taking office in June 2016, Duterte has waged a bloody war on illegal drugs and while his administration officials place total deaths at more than 3,400 as of July 26, earlier this year, the Human Rights Watch estimated that more than 7,000 people had been killed, including at least three mayors.

Over 78 percent Filipinos support Dutertes bloody drug war

Granny says, "Dat's right - he's fightin' dem drug jihadis...
thumbsup.gif

Philippines’ Duterte Sure Trump Won’t Rebuke His Bloody Drug War
November 12, 2017 — Asia experts say they do not expect President Donald Trump to raise human rights issues and concerns about extrajudicial killings when he meets Monday in Manila with Philipines President Rodrigo Duterte.
"I'm sure he will not take it up," Duterte himself said Sunday. Human rights groups have expressed alarm over allegations that Philippines police have killed at least 3,000 suspected drug users and dealers in a countrywide crackdown - one of Duterte's major campaign promises. Trump told Duterte earlier this year that he is doing "a great job" but has yet to openly criticize the plain-speaking Philippines president for his alleged campaign of violence. Duterte had once insulted former president Barack Obama, calling him a "son of a whore." He also boasted of murdering someone when he was 16 years-old because the victim gave him a funny look. Except for comments on North Korea, the issue of human rights has scarcely emerged during Trump's Asian tour.

A0EB75EB-FE0D-4C68-B3F8-63ED9AF04B3A_w650_r0_s.jpg

Protesters scuffle with police as they are dispersed while trying to get near the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines to protest against the visit of U.S. President Donald Trump​

Trump arrived in Manila Sunday. About 3,500 protesters tried to march on the U.S. Embassy and were stopped by riot police. The protesters shouted for Trump to leave and accused the U.S. government, a former Philippine colonizer of about 50 years, of looking for overseas wars. One banner read “Dump Trump -- #1 Terrorist!” Duterte had once insulted former president Barack Obama, calling him a "son of a whore." He also boasted of murdering someone when he was 16 years-old because the victim gave him a funny look. Except for comments on North Korea, the issue of human rights has scarcely emerged during Trump's Asian tour. Trump arrived in Manila Sunday. About 3,500 protesters tried to march on the U.S. Embassy and were stopped by riot police. The protesters shouted for Trump to leave and accused the U.S. government, a former Philippine colonizer of about 50 years, of looking for overseas wars. One banner read “Dump Trump -- #1 Terrorist!”

Momentum in Vietnam

Before arriving in Manila, Trump met in Hanoi with Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang. Trump told a joint press conference, “For trade to work, all countries must play by the rules. I am encouraged that Vietnam has recently become the fastest growing export market to the United States.” He added “I am confident that American energy, agriculture, financial services, aviation, digital commerce, and defense products are able to meet all of your many commercial needs.” Speaking to Communist Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong in Hanoi, Trump said "Think where we are and where we have come, it’s a tribute to both countries. Trade has become a very important element of our relationship.” Quang called his meeting with Trump as "A milestone in Vietnam-U.S. relations, creating strong momentum for the substantive, effective, and stable development of the bilateral, comprehensive partnership.”

North Korea

Trump and Quang also discussed North Korea and the South China Sea. Trump repeated his warning that North Korea represents a major threat to peace and stability in the region. "As I said in my speech to the Republic of Korea’s national assembly, all responsible nations must act now to ensure that North Korea’s rogue regime stops threatening the world with unthinkable loss of life. Safety and security are goals that we can progress, not provocation. I mean, we have been provoked, the world has been provoked. We don’t want that. We want stability not chaos and we want peace, not war.” In a Tweet earlier Sunday, Trump hit back at North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, who had again called him a dotard, a term that describes an elderly person who is losing his mental abilities.

26C9FC3C-BDC8-4217-A2DC-89B93E065DB0_w650_r0_s.jpg

President Donald Trump and Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang pose for photographers at the Presidential Palace, Nov. 12, 2017, in Hanoi, Vietnam.​

On Twitter, Trump, who has frequently called Kim “Little Rocket Man,”, said, “Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me "old," when I would NEVER call him "short and fat?" Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!” During his bilateral meeting with Quang, Trump also offered his services as a mediator for the South China Sea dispute. When asked about the offer at the press conference, Quang would only say Vietnam seeks a peaceful resolution to the issue through negotiations and in line with international law.

APEC

New Topics

Forum List

Back