Dumpster dive for furniture?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Michelle would probably say she was born in a log cabin if that's the lie the democrats would buy. We don't need a gigantic tax exempt propaganda machine like Media Matters to research the Obama history. President Hussein already told us how he was raised. Are we to believe the Harvard law graduate had to dumpster dive for shoes and a coffee table while Barry and Michelle were making 300k working in a law firm? How freaking insulting to suggest that the couple who both grew up in an affluent home were poor folks down for the struggle. If democrats buy that concept it's no wonder the Country is in the mess it's in under Obama.

So, these two go to the most elite prep schools in the country, then some of the most elite universities, then go on and on about how broke they were?

:lol:

What horse shit... they led/lead charmed lives, and good for them... but spare me this bullshit.

The big question is why the left eats this class envy crap like pablum. They believe lies because they want them to be true.

The big question is why the left eats this class envy crap like pablum. They believe lies because they want them to be true.

I guess they really need to believe that the Obama's have been down for the struggle.

It's like the speechwriter for Michelle made sure this was the perfect "composite" for their masses.

Complete bullshit. But well written.

I think the parts that truly galled me were over the Dunham women. Both were extremely successful and yet to fit the liberal narrative Michelle had to talk about Grandma hitting a "glass ceiling" and insinuating that Stanley Anne had to struggle when she was a very accomplished woman.

Grandma in 1970, and I can't repeat that date enough, became a Vice President of a bank. YOWZAH. Any feminist should be raving about this.

And Stanley Anne's career was stellar.

Sheesh. But that doesn't fit the narrative does it?

When I was growing up my parents had a B/W TV when all of my friends had color TVs.

When I was growing up we recycled TP.

When I was growing up the only meat we had was meeat you round the corner.

When I was growing up we had one of those phones with a wire going from the headset to the base, yuk.

When I was growing up we didn't have AC unless it was December and we opened the windows.

When I was growing up we lived in the bottom of a lake an et gravel for breakfast and our parents would beat us every night before bed if we were lucky, and we liked it.

Hey--I've dumpster dived for furniture--and no, it is not a "priviledge" of the poor.

Just remember--avoid cushions!! They trap in all kinds of disgusting crap, and the minute its gets inside your home, you may never rid yourselves of it!!

I grew up as a middle class kid in an affluent town with great school.

I once picked up a couch off the side of the road and put it in my room.

I "dumpster dove" for furniture.

We don't need a gigantic tax exempt propaganda machine like Media Matters to research the Obama history.

In fact, we don't need anyone to research his history. We can just make it up as we go along. As long as it makes him look bad, the spirit of it is true.

President Hussein already told us how he was raised. Are we to believe the Harvard law graduate had to dumpster dive for shoes and a coffee table while Barry and Michelle were making 300k working in a law firm? How freaking insulting to suggest that the couple who both grew up in an affluent home were poor folks down for the struggle. If democrats buy that concept it's no wonder the Country is in the mess it's in under Obama.

Mittens had it much harder than Obama when he had to sell his stocks to pay rent.

obama had to dumpster dive because he spent all his money on pot and cocaine.

We don't need a gigantic tax exempt propaganda machine like Media Matters to research the Obama history.

In fact, we don't need anyone to research his history. We can just make it up as we go along. As long as it makes him look bad, the spirit of it is true.

President Hussein already told us how he was raised. Are we to believe the Harvard law graduate had to dumpster dive for shoes and a coffee table while Barry and Michelle were making 300k working in a law firm? How freaking insulting to suggest that the couple who both grew up in an affluent home were poor folks down for the struggle. If democrats buy that concept it's no wonder the Country is in the mess it's in under Obama.

Mittens had it much harder than Obama when he had to sell his stocks to pay rent.

If obama bought stock instead of pot and blow, he would have had stock to sell to buy furniture.

Why the race to defend who's had it "harder" in life? It proves nothing about accomplishment or qualifications.

So, these two go to the most elite prep schools in the country, then some of the most elite universities, then go on and on about how broke they were?

What horse shit... they led/lead charmed lives, and good for them... but spare me this bullshit.

Because in America only the elite have access to a high quality education....

I grew up as a middle class kid in an affluent town with great school.

I once picked up a couch off the side of the road and put it in my room.

I "dumpster dove" for furniture.

Living on a military installation, trash was picked up curb-side. When people were moving, which was often, they would discard loads of really cool and useful stuff at the curb for pickup. It was customary for kids to root through that stuff to furnish our "forts".
I still recall the time my brother found a really cool 'bandage', complete with blood! He tied it around his head and we 'limped' home pretending to be wounded warriors. Man, my Mom freaked out! I didn't figure out why until years later.

I had no idea that getting a need base scholarship to a high school made someone not broke, BTW.
The school has long educated the elite of Oahu, and its most famous alumnus, President Barack Obama, was able to attend Punahou thanks to a scholarship.

Profile of Punahou: President Obama's School

I realize that's not a form of the American dream you Romney supporters might recognize.

Because in America only the elite have access to a high quality education....

That must be why Obama went to Harvard and Michelle went to Princeton and Harvard.

New Topics

Forum List

Back