Dumbest thing ever on this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerman

Jul 23, 2005
I've seen many dumb things on many forums but there is one subject on this forum that has to absolutely take the cake. It's the whole circus of child molesting priests and gay bashing scenario. I find it amazing that many people on this board voiced their approval of the Pope when he pretty much blamed child molestation on gays. The stupidity in all of this? The fucking Pope himself would be on trial for covering up child molestation acts if he wasn't the head of state. How can any sane person actually listen to or agree with someone on the issue if they are a guilty party themselves? It's insane.

Powerman said:
I've seen many dumb things on many forums but there is one subject on this forum that has to absolutely take the cake. It's the whole circus of child molesting priests and gay bashing scenario. I find it amazing that many people on this board voiced their approval of the Pope when he pretty much blamed child molestation on gays. The stupidity in all of this? The fucking Pope himself would be on trial for covering up child molestation acts if he wasn't the head of state. How can any sane person actually listen to or agree with someone on the issue if they are a guilty party themselves? It's insane.

inform me:

the children that were molested by the priests? male or female?

would you mind giving me the link where you got the quote that the pope "pretty much blamed child molestation on gays"

manu1959 said:
inform me:

would you mind giving me the link where you got the quote that the pope "pretty much blamed child molestation on gays"

Most were male because they were altar boys. It's not often that little girls are left alone with priests.

Maybe I'm wrong about the quote coming from the pope. Actually I believe it was the general consensus among many of the Christians on this board. They believed that homosexuality itself was the root of pedophilia which seems to be... well insane. I do know that many here did like his stance on gays not being able to be priests or something of the sort. Either way it's chicken shit(and terribly ignorant and stupid) to point the finger at gays when the Pope himself knowingly helped pedophiles escape prison.

Powerman said:
Most were male because they were altar boys. It's not often that little girls are left alone with priests.

Maybe I'm wrong about the quote coming from the pope. Actually I believe it was the general consensus among many of the Christians on this board. They believed that homosexuality itself was the root of pedophilia which seems to be... well insane. I do know that many here did like his stance on gays not being able to be priests or something of the sort. Either way it's chicken shit(and terribly ignorant and stupid) to point the finger at gays when the Pope himself knowingly helped pedophiles escape prison.

fair enough.....so for the most part, male priests molested male altar boys and for someone to see this as gay pedophila and then draw a conclusion that homosexuality is the root for this type of pedophilia ....is insane?

i was unaware that the pope pardoned or spirtied (pardon the pun) away guilty priests so that they could avoid prison....you wouldn't happen to have a link to that article would you?

Powerman said:
Maybe I'm wrong about the quote coming from the pope. Actually I believe it was the general consensus among many of the Christians on this board

Ah, well, then - a perfectly understandable little mistake. I often get "the Pope" and "posters on a message board" mixed up...

musicman said:
Ah, well, then - a perfectly understandable little mistake. I often get "the Pope" and "posters on a message board" mixed up...

tollerance in all things.....not sure this could happen at the DU....

manu1959 said:
tollerance in all things.....not sure this could happen at the DU....

Ha ha - DU - where never is heard a discouraging word - and this means YOU!

musicman said:
Ha ha - DU - where never is heard a discouraging word - and this means YOU!

hey were did our intelligent friends go....i was jus startin to lern somethin

musicman said:

Oh my god, I almost fell off my chair laughing!

manu1959 said:
inform me:

inform me:

majority of rapes comitted in America - male on female?

Obviously, heterosexuality causes rape.

SpidermanTuba said:
inform me:

majority of rapes comitted in America - male on female?

Obviously, heterosexuality causes rape.

rape is not about sex ..... but you knew that when you changed subjects to avoid the question .... huh ?..... afterall you are one of the two most intelligent posters here ....

Powerman said:

Seems to me that you are wrapping up a few different ideas here, but I'll dig in anyway. I have noticed a few posters on this board imply that homosexuality is linked to child molestation, that there is a cause-and-effect relationship. I haven't seen anything to convince me of this and statistics of the two groups won't cut it. Statistics show that people who prefer mashed potatoes as a side dish should be incarcerated as they are most likely headed in that direction. Statistics can be used to prove anything that you want to prove.

Powerman said:

No one, including the few token Catholics on this board (myself included) excused the Pope from culpability if he did in fact know what was going on.

Also, most non-Catholics do not hold the Pope to such a high esteem, thus have more often than not only questioned his religious authority but have questioned his involvement in covering up the truth regarding the whole "priests-molesting-children" thing.

Honestly, you're entire is post is way of base (with the exception of mistaking the Pope for posters, happens to me all the time, son )on many points, above you're normal standards if I do say so myself. :)

Here are a couple shockers! Hope you're lubed:

When Males have sex with OTHER males, it's called HOMOSEXUAL behaviour.

There is no 'age factor'.

Boys who are molested often participate in homosexual behaviour as adults - Women who are raped don't become rapists of other women.

Rape is quite often about 'the sex.'

not have known what was going on? The Bishops were busily transferring priests from parish to parish as scandals arose, settling cases out of court, and referring them for treatment quietly without informing the parishioners. With thousands of priests involved it's impossible to imagine the Pope not knowing, particularly as payments were being made, which would have to attract his attention.

Blaming adult homosexuality for same-sex pedophilia is the same as blaming adult heterosexuality for opposite-sex pedophilia. It doesn't make sense.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
not have known what was going on? The Bishops were busily transferring priests from parish to parish as scandals arose, settling cases out of court, and referring them for treatment quietly without informing the parishioners. With thousands of priests involved it's impossible to imagine the Pope not knowing, particularly as payments were being made, which would have to attract his attention.

Blaming adult homosexuality for same-sex pedophilia is the same as blaming adult heterosexuality for opposite-sex pedophilia. It doesn't make sense.

Mariner.

Maybe they were trying to protect the reputation of other homosexuals, and avoid homosexual-rights group denouncing the practice? NAMBLA anyone? Oh yeah...that's right. That's not about SEX is it?

ever posted here that I've seen, I'd have to choose between many different comments made by dmp, e.g. "Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." Yes, dmp, we're all going to die of something, and a health nut might get run over by a car at age 30. But unless you're blind to scientific evidence and don't understand probabilities, then you'd know that exercise and healthy eating not only extend your life by 3-4 years, on average, but, more importantly, greatly improve its quality in the last few years.

Do what you want, and may the odds be with you.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
ever posted here that I've seen, I'd have to choose between many different comments made by dmp, e.g. "Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." Yes, dmp, we're all going to die of something, and a health nut might get run over by a car at age 30. But unless you're blind to scientific evidence and don't understand probabilities, then you'd know that exercise and healthy eating not only extend your life by 3-4 years, on average, but, more importantly, greatly improve its quality in the last few years.

Do what you want, and may the odds be with you.

Mariner.

Ya know? I bet you're just the life of a party, aren't you? lol!

[dr.evil voice =on]You just don't get it...do ya...ya don't...[/evil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back