Dumbest movie you ever watched b/c it was free, or on TV

One of the local channels here runs a movie at 3 am. I think, each night, they see if they can top the movie they showed the previous night. There are no recognizable actors. They have got to be the worst movies ever made.

Worst movie with a budget, "Wired". The so called true story of John Belushi. The book was really well written, but the movie was just horrible.

Worst movie without a budget, "Hard to Die". For about a year this movie followed me. At least once a month, someone would rent it, it would pop up on cable, something.

"Hard to Die" in a nutshell: A group of bad actresses, most of which have breast implants, get trapped in an office building where a psycho killer is on the loose.

Naturally, their attempt to escape the office building leads them to the basement where a water pipe bursts, soaking them to the bone. Apparently unable to run from the psycho killer in wet clothes, the only thing the bad actresses can find to change into, of course, is lingerie.

Eventually, the bad actresses find their way to the CEO's office, which comes equipped with a full bathroom. Like all of us, the one thing bad actresses want to do in the middle of the night as a killer lurks in the halls is take a shower. Which they do.

I think you get the idea.

One of the women, who sadly really wasn't to bad of an actress, twists her ankle at one point in the movie. Problem with this is she can't seem to decide which ankle she twisted. One scene she's limping on her left foot, the next scene she's limping on her right.

All in all, a pretty bad movie.

OK, there are a ton of bad films out there, but as a genre I have to pick Kevin Smith's films. The only relatively watchable one was Dogma, and even that went over the top with Alanys(sp) Morrisette as God...
Blecch to all of them including Jersey Girl, his attempt to sway from "....Dude,man!" to mainstream cinema. Sorry! Smith gets an "F" from me!

Said1 said:
:laugh: No don't tell me, there was another earthquake.

One of the worst movies I've ever seen was "The Doors" Val Kilmer. What was with the bald naked guy?

Huh. I liked The Doors...Then again, I usually get sucked in to those fatalistic "based on a true story" types...

Shattered said:
Huh. I liked The Doors...Then again, I usually get sucked in to those fatalistic "based on a true story" types...

I thought this movie was great. I was amazed at how much Val Kilmer looked like Jim Morrison!

OK, there are a ton of bad films out there, but as a genre I have to pick Kevin Smith's films. The only relatively watchable one was Dogma, and even that went over the top with Alanys(sp) Morrisette as God...
Blecch to all of them including Jersey Girl, his attempt to sway from "....Dude,man!" to mainstream cinema. Sorry! Smith gets an "F" from me!

Really? He's my favorite filmmaker.

I think his films have a specific audience, which is men who are both proud geeks and proud slackers. I guess if you can't identify with that crowd, you're not really going to like his films.

That said, I think Chasing Amy (my personal KS favorite) should appeal to a much larger crowd than that.

Said1 said:
One of the worst movies I've ever seen was "The Doors" Val Kilmer. What was with the bald naked guy?

You have Oliver Stone to thank for that. He somethings gets an obsession with acid flashbacks, hallucinations, and artsy fartsy type stuff. Natural Born Killers was loaded with them.

Jimmyeatworld said:
You have Oliver Stone to thank for that. He somethings gets an obsession with acid flashbacks, hallucinations, and artsy fartsy type stuff. Natural Born Killers was loaded with them.

That was the point I was trying to make. Val Kilmer did a great job with script and direction provided by Stone, it's just that some of the scenes could have used some explaination as they were the basis for some of Jim Morrison's songs.

These aren't what I consider the worst movies that I've ever seen, but what about those Star Wars movies (Phantom Menace and Clones)....

They just don't hold a candle to the old Star Wars... Natalie Portman is cute, but she doesn't come across as anything but Natalie Portman acting like Amadala and the kid that portrays Anakin.... PU! He doesn't seem to have any acting skills!

Is it them or is it the director?

If it weren't for the Special FX, these movies would be destined for the bargain bin at the Salvation Army Store!

Forum List

Back