Dumb beauty pageant answers

thrimironaxe

Aug 12, 2008
I can't decide if I vote for "laugh" or "cry" on this one. She does not know a thing about national level issues, international affairs, or economics. Its like the GOP opened her cute little head and replaced the half a brain that was there with a series of talking points:

Katie Couric: Why isn't it better, Gov. Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families who are struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries; allow them to spend more and put more money into the economy instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

Gov. Sarah Palin: That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health-care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy, helping the -- it's got to be all about job creation, too, shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health-care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. And trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, scary thing. But one in five jobs being created in the trade sector today, we've got to look at that as more opportunity. All those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that.

If she screws up on TV too bad, she will be taken off the ticket with some appropriate time with my family remark.

If she was a Dem, the right would be trying to impeach her at this time.

What complete hypocrisy.

Enjoy starving and freezing when the economy collapses.

Right, and you can thank the deregulations for this. Free market. No regulations. We can totally trust the rich CEOs. Only the poor and middle class like US need laws or regualtions.

For 7 years, there has been no control on Bush's buddies and now we are paying for it. Of course, it the Dems fault.

Enjoy starving and freezing when the economy collapses.

I keep 8 chords of firewood in the backyard for just such an eventuality.

Fortunately, the betting odds are 10% that McCain will cut his losses find a new running mate. If that happens, I'll vote for him. If not, I'll stay home.

Biden is like a Turkey, gobble gobble gobble, he can't stop talking.
Palin is like a headless chicken, lots of fluttering and running around, but there is simply nothing there. One time, just one time, this airhead was exposed to rather friendly questions by a journalist, and she makes an utter fool of herself. McCain was forced to spend valuable political capital in a failed move to postpone his debate, just so Cinderella could have a few more days in "debate camp" to get ready. She is an albatross, and needs to be dumped.

Fortunately, the betting odds are 10% that McCain will cut his losses find a new running mate. If that happens, I'll vote for him. If not, I'll stay home.

Palin is like a headless chicken, lots of fluttering and running around, but there is simply nothing there. One time, just one time, this airhead was exposed to rather friendly questions by a journalist, and she makes an utter fool of herself. McCain was forced to spend valuable political capital in a failed move to postpone his debate, just so Cinderella could have a few more days in "debate camp" to get ready. She is an albatross, and needs to be dumped.

You think McCain will be a maverick and pick Lieberman? "Listen, I tried to pander to my base, but look what I got stuck with!" The convention's over with, people know his message and they'll get a liberal. Ron Paul has never looked so good.

Right, and you can thank the deregulations for this. Free market. No regulations. We can totally trust the rich CEOs. Only the poor and middle class like US need laws or regualtions.

For 7 years, there has been no control on Bush's buddies and now we are paying for it. Of course, it the Dems fault.

It is the fault of a pact signed in blood between the religious right and the republican party. An unholy alliance between big dirty business and big dirty government.

John McCain has been trying to bring the republican party back to its small government, balanced budget roots. He is trying to change the republican party from within. Why he associates himself with the she-devil temptress of the religious right, I have no idea.

All my neighbors have wood houses.. mine is Brick.. we will be warm.. you can count on that....

She's as retarded a Bush II.

She's an ideal candidate for the party of know-nothings.

Ron Paul has never looked so good.

NOW YOU ARE TALKING!

What went wrong? Capitalism is about brining greed and fear in line with public interest. How do you do this? Make sure that whoever makes bad decisions, pays for those bad decisions.

You can prevent this kind of economic collapse using more regulation, but it is clumsy, expensive, and prone to failure.

The correct solution is much less regulation ... but laws that pin the tail on the donkey.

We have a situation where CEOs were able to gamble other people's money so that if the gamble paid off, the CEO wins, but if the gamble fails, someone else picks up the tab. This is not free market, this is madness.

Very very very simple: there must be adequate reserve requirements for marketing credit swaps. How can I sell you home owner's insurance if I have no ability to pay in case your house burns down? Insurance companies are required to maintain a certain amount of capital to cover potential losses, but issuers of credit swaps had no such requirement. The religious right got involved in politics, but their minds were full of scripture and not common sense. The 2001 law specifically prohibiting any regulation of the credit swap industry was part of the religious right's unholy alliance with big government. Any moron with a business card could issue millions of dollars worth of debt default insurance that they had no ability to pay for.

Oh, you might argue that free markets would still work because the buyer could check that the seller of the insurance had ability to pay. No way. That same bill also guaranteed the right of the issuer to sell those securities to anyone they wanted to, and the buyer has no recourse.

Forum List

Back