Dumb and dumber

onecut39

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2008
I enjoy elections. Not because I am public spirited but simply for the show of stupidity by the electorate, the absolute cowardice of the press and the inability of the electorate to understand simple cause and effect.

We all have our tribe and by golly we are stickin with them. They may be fools, crooks, and immoral liars but by god they are OUR liars.

Obama has been president for 4 years. We have observed his actions, his accomplishments and lack thereof. Successes and failure all have reasons and we should be aware of those reasons also

Mitt is a little tougher. He has been around forever and has been seeking the presidency for half that time. He has a public record and a private one. The private one he is loathe to share with us. But whatever. He has put himself on the record. His record is very contradictory and that should be one of his problems.

How many megabucks will this campaign cost? I lost track at the first octagazillion.

At this stage of the game who would be so silly as to give a 30 or 60 second political commercial the time of day? You have to be a world class chump (or chimp) to believe a damn word in them.

If you don't know these people by now you never will. The ads are not designed to enlighten you but to mislead you. You should have been paying attention all along.

Now you will simply be played for the chump (or chimp) you really are.

Ads are for the low information, highly fickle and contemptible swing voter, the kind that never visit such sites as this because they are to busy playing Farmville on FB. These are the people who pick our presidents, not us who live and breathe this stuff, we knew how we were voting months and years ago. The swing voter still has not made up their minds because they still have not given it much thought, it boggles my mind.

Ads are for the low information, highly fickle and contemptible swing voter, the kind that never visit such sites as this because they are to busy playing Farmville on FB. These are the people who pick our presidents, not us who live and breathe this stuff, we knew how we were voting months and years ago. The swing voter still has not made up their minds because they still have not given it much thought, it boggles my mind.

You think that those on this message board are well informed? Possible that some are but by and large we represent the other extreme, the extreme that cannot be convinced of anything that seems to differ with our preconceived opinions.

We search the web, trolling for some opinion, however obscure, that will reinforce our idea of reality, a reality that is mostly fantasy.

I enjoy elections. Not because I am public spirited but simply for the show of stupidity by the electorate, the absolute cowardice of the press and the inability of the electorate to understand simple cause and effect.

We all have our tribe and by golly we are stickin with them. They may be fools, crooks, and immoral liars but by god they are OUR liars.

Obama has been president for 4 years. We have observed his actions, his accomplishments and lack thereof. Successes and failure all have reasons and we should be aware of those reasons also

Mitt is a little tougher. He has been around forever and has been seeking the presidency for half that time. He has a public record and a private one. The private one he is loathe to share with us. But whatever. He has put himself on the record. His record is very contradictory and that should be one of his problems.

How many megabucks will this campaign cost? I lost track at the first octagazillion.

At this stage of the game who would be so silly as to give a 30 or 60 second political commercial the time of day? You have to be a world class chump (or chimp) to believe a damn word in them.

If you don't know these people by now you never will. The ads are not designed to enlighten you but to mislead you. You should have been paying attention all along.

Those 15 to 30 second sound bites, will hopefully send the independent, to YouTube for the full context of the speech. The news programs don't have the time allowance to do so.

Those independents are usually people who work and pay federal income taxes, and don't have the time to become informed in any other way, than to watch those sound bites.

Hopefully, they are watching Fox News, for just as many Democrats as Republicans, are the guests that are interviewed or sought after for their analysis of a political or current event, situation.

Both sides are represented. "Fair and Balanced." ( though Fox does lean Right,) they still try to represent both or more sides to a situation. I don't think any other cable news program does this.

Last edited:
by and large we represent the other extreme, the extreme that cannot be convinced of anything that seems to differ with our preconceived opinions.

We search the web, trolling for some opinion, however obscure, that will reinforce our idea of reality, a reality that is mostly fantasy.

Hard to disagree too much about this. If you're on this site and still here, chances are you're pretty far off to one side of the political spectrum... and combine that with some boredom and entertainment aspect throwing useless insults at the other side.

I've found that actually talking intelligently, or attempting to anyway, gets met with one or two line insults, most of the time.

You think that those on this message board are well informed? Possible that some are but by and large we represent the other extreme, the extreme that cannot be convinced of anything that seems to differ with our preconceived opinions.

No, many or us are not well informed but all our minds are made up as to who gets our vote. All of these millions and all of this noise of the campaigns is not for our benefit at all, they have us, they know we will show up at the polls come hell or high water. Few Americans cast a truly informed vote based on what will be best, we all vote our fears, hopes and prejudices, in the end it is usually the most likable candidate who wins, that should tell you all you need to know about electing a president.

Those 15 to 30 second sound bites, will hopefully send the independent, to YouTube for the full context of the speech. The news programs don't have the time allowance to do so.

Those independents are usually people who work and pay federal income taxes, and don't have the time to become informed in any other way, than to watch those sound bites.

Hopefully, they are watching Fox News, for just as many Democrats as Republicans, are the guests that are interviewed or sought after for their analysis of a political or current event, situation.

Both sides are represented. "Fair and Balanced." ( though Fox does lean Right,) they still try to represent both or more sides to a situation. I don't think any other cable news program does this.

Yep, good old Fox. As exhibited by your own testimony those who view fox as their principle news source are the most uniformed of all.

This has been verified in poll after poll, study after study.

Yep, good old Fox. As exhibited by your own testimony those who view fox as their principle news source are the most uniformed of all.

This has been verified in poll after poll, study after study.

Odd. The studies I've seen show the exact opposite.

But that just goes to show you that alot of studies are worthless.

Forum List

Back