Dumb America

Most Americans say 'Arabic numerals' should not be taught in school

More than half of Americans believe “Arabic numerals” – the standard symbols used across much of the world to denote numbers – should not be taught in school, according to a survey.

Fifty-six per cent of people say the numerals should not be part of the curriculum for US pupils, according to research designed to explore the bias and prejudice of poll respondents.

The digits 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 are referred to as Arabic numerals. The system was first developed by Indian mathematicians before spreading through the Arab world to Europe and becoming popularised around the globe.

Its not just a pop at republicans . The democrats are also shown up for stupid. And yet you get to elect the leader of the free world.

The brits have this weird obsession with America
They think that they should have a right to vote in American elections

They'll even start letter writing campaigns to swing voters in purple counties

I sell ya my vote for a pony

View attachment 273327

Ha, that was a total jinx! I agree, what is that obsession? Are they still blistered that we broke away or what? Poor little degenerate islands

More than half of Americans believe “Arabic numerals” – the standard symbols used across much of the world to denote numbers – should not be taught in school, according to a survey.

Fifty-six per cent of people say the numerals should not be part of the curriculum for US pupils, according to research designed to explore the bias and prejudice of poll respondents.

The digits 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 are referred to as Arabic numerals. The system was first developed by Indian mathematicians before spreading through the Arab world to Europe and becoming popularised around the globe.

Its not just a pop at republicans . The democrats are also shown up for stupid. And yet you get to elect the leader of the free world.

And YOU are so stupid you are absolutely obsessed with America 24/7 even while your own country struggles with its own issues. Talk about dumb...

The brits have this weird obsession with America
They think that they should have a right to vote in American elections

They'll even start letter writing campaigns to swing voters in purple counties

I sell ya my vote for a pony

View attachment 273327

Ha, that was a total jinx! I agree, what is that obsession? Are they still blistered that we broke away or what? Poor little degenerate islands

The guardian during the bush admin wasn't the first or last time that calls went out for a letter writing campaign

20 years ago i would of let em petition for statehood even with their own batshit crazy leftards

western pakistan today ...not so much ...basket case of a lil nation

The sun has indeed set

[...]

A survey by Civic Science, an American market research company, asked 3,624 respondents: “Should schools in America teach Arabic numerals as part of their curriculum?” The poll did not explain what the term “Arabic numerals” meant.

Some 2,020 people answered “no”. [...]

Seventy-two per cent of Republican-supporting respondents said Arabic numerals should not be on the curriculum, compared with 40 per cent of Democrats.​

Dumb, bigoted, ignorant, and fiercely determined this remain that way. That determination extends to future generations not not supposed to learn anything "Arabic".

[...]

A survey by Civic Science, an American market research company, asked 3,624 respondents: “Should schools in America teach Arabic numerals as part of their curriculum?” The poll did not explain what the term “Arabic numerals” meant.

Some 2,020 people answered “no”. [...]

Seventy-two per cent of Republican-supporting respondents said Arabic numerals should not be on the curriculum, compared with 40 per cent of Democrats.​

Dumb, bigoted, ignorant, and fiercely determined this remain that way. That determination extends to future generations not not supposed to learn anything "Arabic".

Good luck with your Islamic-kowtowing over there by the way.

Also we don't care what you think of us

Nobody is as dumb as you, Tommy.

3000 people polled

330,000,000 people in the country

Representative sample? I don't think so

Poll: 30% of GOP voters support bombing Agrabah, the city from Aladdin

Almost one-third of Republican primary voters would support bombing the fictional kingdom of Agrabah, according to a report released by Public Policy Polling on Friday.

And in other news Welsh still honor a Queen...

So you have morons all over the world Tommy...
16 Reasons Why Hillary Clinton Will Win 2016
2. The Media Is Ready to Crown a Queen

Hillary, the first female presidential nominee of a major party, will be anointed by the media, Hollywood, and pop culture—just as they anointed the junior senator from Illinois in 2008.
Yes there are morons all over the world, just look at the voters for Hillary.

Take a hint duffs or get out . this is my math 1993 . lmfao

67739942_873759219655922_1007834545820532736_n.jpg

Cobain knew Trump would become POTUS? Now we know why Kurt committed suicide.

A hilarious incident occurred at a college I attended long ago. The computer room had a combination lock for access so only students taking computer courses could get in and instructors gave the students the combination.

The Oriental students could not get in because they could not read Roman numerals.

Say what the fuck?

What does my fellow idiots want to use instead???

Say what the fuck?

What does my fellow idiots want to use instead???
Oh a bullshit question

The poll did not explain what the term “Arabic numerals” meant.

Poll: 30% of GOP voters support bombing Agrabah, the city from Aladdin

Almost one-third of Republican primary voters would support bombing the fictional kingdom of Agrabah, according to a report released by Public Policy Polling on Friday.

More proof that polls are meaningless and can be skewed to get any desired result they want. Most people just have no idea that our number system is based on Arabic numbers just as they have no idea what the decimal system means, much less whether they work in denary, base 10 or whatever.

Tommy's thread as usual is so much hot air unless he can produce a similar poll taken of Brits that shows a different result.

Now the question is, if Arabic numbers are bad, Tom, would using Flamsteed numbers be better?

Last edited:

I blame Obama's "common core" and democrat stranglehold on our "educational system"

I blame Obama's "common core" and democrat stranglehold on our "educational system"

I think that the common-core standards are a good idea. It's time that educational standards are set. What I've seen written on USMB alone, by people who are definitely adults, is shocking at times, just nuts, particularly in the areas of history and the U.S. Constitution, not to mention the arts. I don't know how they do in math and science or in a foreign language. Some of them can't write a coherent sentence in English. Some are entirely capable of asserting that Washington fought in the Civil War. Forget knowledge of the rest of the world.

Forum List

Back