Duller and duller...

Amzi

Rookie
Feb 21, 2010
Does anyone else get the feeling that as you grow older the world just becomes duller and duller? As things get more predictable they become less fascinating and I just feel like the little things impressed me more sometime.

Don't worry, I am not thinking about suicide :tongue:

It helps to "on purpose" try to train yourself into a more positive perspective. Train yourself to stop and examine the "coolness" of the "little things," and after a while you'll just do it automatically.

Does anyone else get the feeling that as you grow older the world just becomes duller and duller? As things get more predictable they become less fascinating and I just feel like the little things impressed me more sometime.

Politics does for sure. :beer:

This'll help:

DonegalBeerMug.jpg

There are always wonderful things. Boredom just means you are too involved in your self, and not enough in useful things.

There is never anything boring about beauty. Go out and make some.

I only get my kids two days out of two weeks. What you don't have and you miss, when you get it back, the world is a better place.

try and maintain a gratitude attitude. There is so much that is wonderful, you should make a point to count it all.

I recommend a new hobby

or something that you canjust get passionate about.

about 6 years ago my brother (about 40 years old at the time) asked me to teach him how to play guitar. At the time he had NO training or experience at all and he specically said
"I'm not looking (or thinking) toget into a band or anything..Ijust want to learn to play for fun...."

today
he plays ALMOST as fast and technical as zach wilde
he listens to heavy metal and picks apart the songs,including leads, and he NAILS them.
if you are familiar with the song "cemetary gates" (which he plays perfectly) you wil get an idea of just how good he has become

and he is now in 2 bands, plays all week long (with the bands and at home)
and is very excited about it all

he found a raison de vie!

I find the world gets more interesting as I grow older and learn more about it. I find the intricacy of life fascinating, and I find myself believing God more and more, instead of less and less, as I see more of life and realize...this doesn't just happen.

Forum List

Back